Axl and Slash are going to perform again as G'n'R! Hurry FarSight...

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Just announced that Axl and Slash have made amends, will perform as Guns 'N Roses at Coachella this spring, possible doing 25 other dates. FarSight, here's your chance, and you'd better act on it before that first show in April! Get that licensing agreement, no matter the cost, because you very well may never be able to again. That and the fact it's one of the very few Data East tables I think was actually good.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
Just announced that Axl and Slash have made amends, will perform as Guns 'N Roses at Coachella this spring, possible doing 25 other dates. FarSight, here's your chance, and you'd better act on it before that first show in April! Get that licensing agreement, no matter the cost, because you very well may never be able to again. That and the fact it's one of the very few Data East tables I think was actually good.

The way Axl Rose is - I completely agree. It's now or never.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I'll be surprised if they even make it through that one show with a full set list. Or who knows, maybe all those years of therapy have finally paid off for Axl.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014

I will believe that when I see it. And given the exclusivity of Coachella and the $$$ that were offered, I'm not surprised they signed up for it.

My prediction: both of 'em show at Coachella, and have it stipulated in their contracts that their dressing rooms etc. are on opposite sides of the stage. They go on stage 2 hours late (it's traditional, and nearly always Axl's fault). There's a great big white line down the middle of the stage (maybe not white... that might be going a bit far... maybe blue or orange or something) and neither of them is allowed to cross it. Or maybe they put a huge great dividing wall down the middle of the stage.

Other shows that were planned/booked never make it out of the planning/booking stage, and if they do, they never actually happen.

Showbiz lawyers across the world start booking lunches.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
I will believe that when I see it. And given the exclusivity of Coachella and the $$$ that were offered, I'm not surprised they signed up for it.

My prediction: both of 'em show at Coachella, and have it stipulated in their contracts that their dressing rooms etc. are on opposite sides of the stage. They go on stage 2 hours late (it's traditional, and nearly always Axl's fault). There's a great big white line down the middle of the stage (maybe not white... that might be going a bit far... maybe blue or orange or something) and neither of them is allowed to cross it. Or maybe they put a huge great dividing wall down the middle of the stage.

Other shows that were planned/booked never make it out of the planning/booking stage, and if they do, they never actually happen.

Showbiz lawyers across the world start booking lunches.

There have been other major bands that have stated after they broke up that there was no chance of them ever reforming.
The Eagles & The Police come to mind.

Still,there's a ton of money to be made if they can hold it together. And if Axl can still perform.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
It's funny because back in the day, I loathed G'n'R for their concert antics. I was in high school, only just becoming aware of the concert scene, and couldn't believe a professional group would behave like that. Years later, when I actually started appreciating their music, I thought lucky those people that did get a chance to see them live. Now I'm of the age where as much as I think seeing a group like Van Halen or AC/DC would be a great experience, I have no patience for actually going to a concert, paying those prices, or putting up with anything short of a wonderful time. Going to Coachella? I live in SoCal, and the stories I hear make that a "hell no" for me.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
There have been other major bands that have stated after they broke up that there was no chance of them ever reforming.
The Eagles & The Police come to mind.

Still,there's a ton of money to be made if they can hold it together. And if Axl can still perform.

The Police never officially broke up - they just went on a very long hiatus.

shutyertrap said:
t's funny because back in the day, I loathed G'n'R for their concert antics. I was in high school, only just becoming aware of the concert scene, and couldn't believe a professional group would behave like that. Years later, when I actually started appreciating their music, I thought lucky those people that did get a chance to see them live. Now I'm of the age where as much as I think seeing a group like Van Halen or AC/DC would be a great experience, I have no patience for actually going to a concert, paying those prices, or putting up with anything short of a wonderful time. Going to Coachella? I live in SoCal, and the stories I hear make that a "hell no" for me.

I got to see them in '91 and '92 at Wembley Stadium - first time was with Izzy, too, so I got to see 80% of the original line-up. I had just got to the age where my parents trusted me to go on a bus trip up to London on my own (to be fair in '92 it was just before I went off to university).

soundwave106

Nov 6, 2013
It's funny because back in the day, I loathed G'n'R for their concert antics. I was in high school, only just becoming aware of the concert scene, and couldn't believe a professional group would behave like that. Years later, when I actually started appreciating their music, I thought lucky those people that did get a chance to see them live.

Even back in the Use Your Illusion days, I remember when seeing them that Axl Rose wasn't able to get through a whole set half the time without noticeably throwing his voice out. (Which was reportedly common.). I'd hate to see what he sounds like now...

Crooker

Apr 24, 2013
Last time I went to see GnR I ended up running for my life as it turned into a full blown all out riot after Axl walked off the stage in Montreal. Craziest thing I've ever been at ,seen or done, hands down no contest.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
plus me !!!:cool:

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
SYT-What's your thoughts on the gnr table being released as a stern table since they own data east now correct? I agree that either way it MUST be secured now. I wouldn't be surprised if stern comes out with an updated table sometime next year either.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
A name is a name. I recently played the rerelease for Medieval Madness, and it played just fine regardless of whether it said Williams or not.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
A name is a name. I recently played the rerelease for Medieval Madness, and it played just fine regardless of whether it said Williams or not.

I mean perhaps we have a better chance of getting it, maybe without a kickstarter when the Stern app comes to fruition?'

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Here's what my gut tells me: The Stern App will have modern era Stern only, nothing from Data East or Sega days. The app is a sales tool for Stern, and there has been rumors that they might do a 'legacy' line or re-releases. So I believe within TPA we'll get old Stern and then the DE and Sega stuff, but all modern Stern will go to the app. We've also heard so little about the Stern App, other than new IPs they have acquired including digital recreations, that who knows if we are out of the kickstarter woods or not. I really wanna believe that Stern ponies up the licensing cost for FarSight, but who really knows.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
Here's what my gut tells me: The Stern App will have modern era Stern only, nothing from Data East or Sega days. The app is a sales tool for Stern, and there has been rumors that they might do a 'legacy' line or re-releases. So I believe within TPA we'll get old Stern and then the DE and Sega stuff, but all modern Stern will go to the app. We've also heard so little about the Stern App, other than new IPs they have acquired including digital recreations, that who knows if we are out of the kickstarter woods or not. I really wanna believe that Stern ponies up the licensing cost for FarSight, but who really knows.

That makes sense actually. Stern gets to promote their newer modern stuff,while the classic tables stay in TPA. I think trap is correct.

Master of Trolls

Dec 18, 2012
Last time I went to see GnR I ended up running for my life as it turned into a full blown all out riot after Axl walked off the stage in Montreal. Craziest thing I've ever been at ,seen or done, hands down no contest.

Lol I remember that one... Farsight has nothing to lose by making an attempt for the table though...

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I'd definitely like to see the GNR table in Pinball Arcade, but I'm not sure how likely that would be. .

I was a big fan of GNR back in the day. I got to see them play live in Saratoga Springs, NY with my best friend in 1988 when we were 16.
They opened for Aerosmith during their Permanent Vacation tour. This was just as they were really becoming a phenomenon.

Funny sidenote. August 6th, 1988, My dad was working as a pharmacist then and received a prescription for painkillers and Medrol Dose Pack for an "Axy Rose". it was called inby GNR's manager and had special instructions that they be filled right away. It was just hours before the show.
I believe the medrol (steroid) was to reduce swelling he had in his throat and the painkillers for pain? ;). Anyone who knows GNR will know that he pretty much pushed his vocal chords beyond what they should be doing.

My dad knew I was a huge fan so he brought me the label for it. HIPPA privacy laws didn't exist back then, but they took extra when it came to narcotics.

It was cool of him to do. To say he was NOT a fan of their music would be putting it lightly, but he knew it would mean a lot to me.
My dad passed away some years ago, and I'm glad I held onto this. Here's a scan I made a while back.
AxlRose_Rx_1988.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts