Back up your scores/goals

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
If you have pba.dat, pba17362.dat and pba173624657.dat (as an example), you copy all those files to your desktop from the first iPad. Then you disconnect that, plug in the new iPad and copy all those files back to the new iPad in the same location.

Hope that helps.

typh00n

Dec 29, 2012
if you have a jailbroken device there is a very handy application called datadeposit, it will autonmatically backup your save game datas on an dropbox account so you can uninstall/reinstall and keep the cloud save or restore the data if you have lost them.
main problem with pinball arcade is about the tables as all tables are saved as user data so it will backup also all of your downloaded tables and it may require some time.

Last edited:

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
I do wish they'd just add iCloud support for this already. Seems like a no-brainer, but I don't know how difficult it is to implement.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I do wish they'd just add iCloud support for this already. Seems like a no-brainer, but I don't know how difficult it is to implement.

What difference would that make over the current method? It's would just be backing up to an apple server instead of a farsight server wouldn't it?

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
I'm not thinking of using the existing system of manual backup/restore, but the scores living on a file in the cloud and some kind of automatic local sync to facilitate offline play.

If they do this with their own servers, fine, but iCloud should be more convenient for them I'd think.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Just be like me and complete all the goals and high scores over again. Worst advice ever

Yeah, I did this months ago. It wasn't 'til after that I remembered I got the Atlantis goal in RBION. I haven't been able to get it back since.

Last edited:

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
this doesn't seem to work any more, which is a shame as the leaderboards / HOF points / backup & restore machinery is all still broken.

i had the PBA files all saved on my laptop, but now it doesn't do anything to manually put them in the app, so i lost all my scores and points *again* while trying to move them all across to a borrowed ipad

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
this doesn't seem to work any more, which is a shame as the leaderboards / HOF points / backup & restore machinery is all still broken.

i had the PBA files all saved on my laptop, but now it doesn't do anything to manually put them in the app, so i lost all my scores and points *again* while trying to move them all across to a borrowed ipad

I haven't had any trouble with the backup and restore options, I did it a few times over the weekend what with swapping back and forth between 2 different betas and the retail version. I always backup to remote if that makes any difference.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
I haven't had any trouble with the backup and restore options, I did it a few times over the weekend what with swapping back and forth between 2 different betas and the retail version. I always backup to remote if that makes any difference.

Me either. I save and restore remotely frequently as I switch play between my iPhone, iPad and iPad Mini. Always works. Occasionally, when I open the app the HOF points says 0. When it happens I kill the app and restart and then the points return to where they should be.

amblin23

Jun 3, 2014
I had a strange glitch where all of the tables I loaded would only show the bottoms and legs of the tables and they were all mirror images left-to-right. When I tried to play a table they quickly froze and died. I figured it was more likely a problem with my old iphone4 than the app, so I backed up both locally and remotely, then deleted and reinstalled. When I restored my data, however, it must have restored someone else's goals, because many more goals were completed than I had done. But the table high scores were all correct. I'd rather start over with the goals since I didn't have many completed in the first place, is there a way to do that? Or is it possible that a logout/login will restore my goals correctly again?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.