Backup question

Condor-2-4-2

Nov 30, 2015
Hello,

I purchased Pinball Arcade via steam and want to backup the whole installation inc. all DLC's.

In Steam there is a backup option to save the data. When I want to reinstall the game from the backup, e.g. on an other PC, how is it with the activation of the DLC's?

Are they registered to my steam account? What do I have to notice when I want to backup and reinstall the game?

Thanks for your reply,

Condor-2-4-2

invitro

May 4, 2012
I don't know the exact answer to your question, but I think what you have to copy manually is your high score file (or files). I don't immediately know where those files are, though I should and I'm pretty embarrassed that I don't. Maybe someone else will post here, or google for "pinball arcade steam high score file" or something like that.

Steam will install all the tables, aka the DLC.

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
C:\Users\(Your Username)\My Games\Pinball Arcade

It's a small folder, I just back the whole thing up once a month or so.

DLCs are registered to your Steam account and shouldn't have to be backed up.

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
My Raid 0 array is reporting a drive error during startup, and while everything seems to be working fine for now, I've backed up my important files to a USB thumb drive and will be finally making the jump to an SSD. While I am at it, I figured I may as well get a copy of Windows 10.

I have all available Pro versions of the tables, but my Steam DLC only shows Seasons 3, 4, and 5.

When I replace the drive, install Windows 10 new, and finally get around to installing the Steam client and downloading Pinball Arcade, I wonder if I am going to lose all the Season 1 and 2 Pro tables and be left only with the 4 tables that come with the base game? Guess I will find out for sure on Saturday afternoon.

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
I have all available Pro versions of the tables, but my Steam DLC only shows Seasons 3, 4, and 5.

If you purchased a season or tables through the app rather than the steam store, it won't show up under DLC, but should still be in your purchase transaction history where as is will show as "In-Game purchase". I have the same issue with season 5. Shouldn't be any problem when you reinstall.

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
If you purchased a season or tables through the app rather than the steam store, it won't show up under DLC, but should still be in your purchase transaction history where as is will show as "In-Game purchase". I have the same issue with season 5. Shouldn't be any problem when you reinstall.

Ah ha! Thanks, I do see the In-Game Purchases under my account setting for both Season 1 and 2 Pro packs. Ordered a 1TB SSD and Windows 10 (currently using Windows 7 on the PC with the HDD error). Looks like I have my Saturday afternoon booked.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.