Bug ball gone!!

Da Chosen

Jun 5, 2012
this is the second time i got this bug and this time at a 98 million score!!!! the ball is lost by the machine and it searches and searches but can't find it. then he releases the locked balls and after loosing these he starts anew ball, but doesn't give the ball. call attendant doesn't work either according to the game the ball isn't stuck . tilting it results in an infinite tilt. i had t quit the game and lost my high score....... i wished it was a real pinball so i could smash it up!!!! can this bug be fixed asap please.... i can't play the funhousenow without risk it will happen again. i am playing on ps3 by the way dont know if the other platforms suffer from the same problem.

Logan812

Jul 9, 2012
I encountered the same problem yesterday. It happened when shooting the second ball for Midnight Multiball, but then multiball started immediately, and once both balls drained the game still believed there was another in play while there wasn't. The "call attendent" said the ball wasn't stuck, so I had to exit the game. (PS3)

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Ripley's had a similar problem. What they should do is allow the attendant to reset the ball if it goes through the "cycling" routine, without success.

Stormchild

Jun 24, 2012
Just had the same problem yesterday. The ball got stuck, all the solenoids kept firing, and it never showed up. Call attendant kept saying "ball not stuck". Eventually I just tilted it, and then it wouldn't even pop out a ball into the plunger lane. Game was just completely hosed, so I had to abandon it.

(iPad 3)

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
It seems that this bug presents on multiple tables, and multiple devices. I've seen this happen on Black Hole as well (android), and many have contributed to documenting how to replicate this behavior in that table's sub-forum.

I agree that the attendant should be able to reset the ball position if the ball find sequence built into the table fires three times.

On more modern machines, three ball find sequences usually results in a ball being kicked out into play again as part of the game firmware.

A conditional statement could solve this I think (forgive my pseudo-code).

Code:
if 
  ball
     not in shooter lane
     not trapped by a flipper
     not touched target in over 60sec (too long??)
then 
  attendant
      display message about ball inactivity
      reset ball to shooter lane

Then the way this works would need to be communicated to users in an intuitive way.

Perhaps if the attendant is called and the ball is deemed "not stuck", the attendant text could suggest leaving the screen alone for 60 seconds and the ball will be returned to the shooter lane?

What do you all think of that logic?

If this seems right, I'll log a bug formally.

This might also be better in the General Game Thread as well, because it affects many tables (not just Funhouse).

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I just had this happen on my last ball after topping my score Ihad 149mill. All the liitle things add up to not wanting to play it, consistently. Now IF i get an itch, I'll play but an hour long game just to have glitch get you suuuucks. I was really looking forward to supporting this series, but not 1 table is bug free.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
I just had this happen on my last ball after topping my score Ihad 149mill. All the liitle things add up to not wanting to play it, consistently. Now IF i get an itch, I'll play but an hour long game just to have glitch get you suuuucks. I was really looking forward to supporting this series, but not 1 table is bug free.

I have lost many very high scoring games to glitches and also mostly stopped playing the game seriously. I mainly play on the PS Vita and so far the only thing that a patch has improved is that one of the rollovers in BH now works. Too bad the same patch destroyed the resolution on all of the tables and made them look like trash. Take a look at my topic over in the Vita section that outlines all of the bugs we have found. I really like playing the game and love how the simulation feels, but if the game ending bugs present on Funhouse and most other tables aren't fixed soon my incentive to invest further into a compounding bug list will be gone.

Members online

Members online