Ball shooter assembly

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
Hi!
I recently bought a Jack*Bot table that has been serviced really well over all. Allthough I have noticed that while plunging the ball it sometímes hits the bumpers without ever going up the skillshot sprial and also that the pulling the plunger back feels distinctly different from time to time. Rotating the rod changes the feel of the plunge and there is also quite an ammount of movement up/down/left/right.

This has me suspecting that the ball shooter sleeve might be in not the best of shapes. Normally the plunger should move smoothly with Little side to side or up and down movement?

What do you guys think? I am thinking about ordering a whole new assembly and replacing the one I have now or ordering new springs, knob and shooter sleeve.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Hi!
I recently bought a Jack*Bot table that has been serviced really well over all. Allthough I have noticed that while plunging the ball it sometímes hits the bumpers without ever going up the skillshot sprial and also that the pulling the plunger back feels distinctly different from time to time. Rotating the rod changes the feel of the plunge and there is also quite an ammount of movement up/down/left/right.

This has me suspecting that the ball shooter sleeve might be in not the best of shapes. Normally the plunger should move smoothly with Little side to side or up and down movement?

What do you guys think? I am thinking about ordering a whole new assembly and replacing the one I have now or ordering new springs, knob and shooter sleeve.

Remove the circlip retaining the spring, and slide the plunger out of the assembly.

Inspect the sleeve (if there is one - sounds like it is missing).

Check the plunger to see if it is straight.

Check the plunger tip to ensure it isn't damaged.

My money would be on a missing plunger sleeve.

Last edited:

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
Couldn't find my circlip tool, but I did notice that the rubber tip was jacked. It was pretty dry and split 2/3 of the way to the top, so stop gap fix was me taping it so it would not break and fall off.
The spring looked quite grimy and the barrelspring on the outside looks pretty worn. The sleeve was present and I managed to pull it out a bit and check it and it looked allright.

Also noted was the angle of the table, recommended angle in the service manual is 6,5 degrees and this machine is currently angled at ~7,5 degrees so I might try to adjust that tomorrow plus buying some tools that I need.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Doesn't it just have an e clip? If so, just take it off with a small flat head screw driver. I always take apart the entire assembly and clean it. Polish that shooter rod with some Never Dull and wipe off with a rag. The sleeve may need replaced but probably just needs cleaned with some soapy water and a brass brush. Definitely replace the rupper tip though. Check your spring too. If it feels spongy, replace that as well.

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
Doesn't it just have an e clip? If so, just take it off with a small flat head screw driver. I always take apart the entire assembly and clean it. Polish that shooter rod with some Never Dull and wipe off with a rag. The sleeve may need replaced but probably just needs cleaned with some soapy water and a brass brush. Definitely replace the rupper tip though. Check your spring too. If it feels spongy, replace that as well.

Thanks for the tip! I got home quite late last night so I just did a cursory inspection.

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
I installed a new rubber thing on the plunger, wiped the plunger rod with cloth (without removing it) and added 2 drops of teflon spray on the rod.
This seems to have solved all the problems, the ball regularly now makes it all the way to the top now so you have to actually make a skillshot ;)

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I installed a new rubber thing on the plunger, wiped the plunger rod with cloth (without removing it) and added 2 drops of teflon spray on the rod.
This seems to have solved all the problems, the ball regularly now makes it all the way to the top now so you have to actually make a skillshot ;)

Great work!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts