Bally Fireball

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
When I first encountered those zip flips in action, I was all "wft?!". The owner of the table was stood beside me at the time. I don't think he appreciated my language!!

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Yeah, those style flippers are crazy the first time you see them. But you really need them and the kickback or ball times would be almost zero on Fireball.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
I want Fireball on TPA. More EMs would be great. I would cough up some dough if this or ANY EM were announced as a stretch goal or kickstarter.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
It actually did pretty well in the official Classic Bally poll even though it didn't win. I know Bobby King was personally rooting for it.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Most EM games are nothing special to people who didn't grow up with them. But some of them are interesting enough regardless. Fireball is one. balls a poppin is another. there are some others, but i forget what they all are.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Yeah, those style flippers are crazy the first time you see them. But you really need them and the kickback or ball times would be almost zero on Fireball.

Yeah they are!

I thought zipper flippers were just the older short style of flippers.

I would definitely buy Fireball!

Iguana

Jul 28, 2013
Ah, nostalgia... If my memory serves, Fireball was the pin that got me hooked.

Sky Harbor airport, Phoenix Arizona circa 1971(?). They had a game room with a row of maybe 10-20 tables. My dad worked there, and every once in a while he would lay some coins (dimes) on me to keep me occupied in the game room as I waited for his shift to end.

Of all the tables, Fireball was the one which caught my eye... I think the devil theme with the spinning wheel caught my 11 year old brain's attention... It stood out among the others (with the exception of Doodle Bug... Another one with a gimmick).

Thanks for triggering this memory, Potrzebie!

(BTW, I'm probably one of the few on the forum who "gets" the origin of your user name without needing to google it).

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
I want Fireball on TPA. More EMs would be great. I would cough up some dough if this or ANY EM were announced as a stretch goal or kickstarter.

Hmmm I'm not a big fan of tables pre 1980. After seeing the vid above/below, I can say I might enjoy Fireball more than expected even though the sounds are 'old-school'. I just love MB tables much more than single-ball play,

PunkTiger

Apr 12, 2014
*heh* I grew up playing EM tables, but I do like some SS tables. My sweet spot of tables is generally from the mid-70s to the early-80s. Shortly after that, designers started going berserk with the ramps and loops and fly-overs and more and more complex rule sets. It got to the point where the layout was so busy, you couldn't even see where you're supposed to aim the ball or the targets behind all the other things in the way. I'm convinced that DMDs are for the people watching you play, because if you look up at the DMD displaying some "important message" to tell you what to shoot for, the ball will take that precise moment to drain on you.

Wow... I DO sound like a crotchety old man. "Gol dangit, pinball was better back in my day! Not like those fancy-pants things you young 'uns got today." *spit* *PING*

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Im 31, didn't see hardly any EMs growing up. The most EMs I've played was last April at the "Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown". Was so fun I cant wait to go back this year. There was Spirit of 76, High Hand, Sky Jump, Jacks Open, Ship Mates, Vampire, Flip a Card, all a first for me. Skill Pool was what surprised me, loved that table, simple yet challenging.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
... with the ramps and loops and fly-overs and more and more complex rule sets.
A lot of rules but in the end you shoot that ramp for millions and avoid drop targets and bumpers. Things got better in the 1990s, though, when I started again playing. EMs were always cheaper to play than SS (5 balls for half the price and more replays than you could count).

Fireball was always one of the most shining and attracting and even people distant to pinball gave it a try.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts