Banzai Run!!!

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Tx-Sector, Rescue 911 & Bone Busters Inc. (eventually) are the only gottlieb tables left players really want to see appear.

"Freddy" and "Stargate" top any of those tables, at least based on requests.

Otherwise, I'd agree.

I don't vote for tables unless I've actually played them or seen them in person. For that reason I refrained from voting in the Stern poll for the most part, and same with Gottlieb. I think a lot of voting comes strictly from name recognition, not from actual knowledge.

Banzai Run is not a great table, but the gimmick is. And it's the gimmick that makes you want to play it over and over. Last time I played it, which was a long while ago, all I cared about was getting the ball up to the backglass play field. It's as addicting as trying to get multiball. The actual rules to the game never stuck with me. For some reason I seem to think it's like Victory, just getting check points, but that's where the similarities end.

It looks interesting, but again, I don't think it would hold my interest long. It's one of those one off tables, but still pretty unique.

Last edited:

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
I see the Gottlieb tables that should be on The Pinball Arcade and in this order, Freddy: Nightmare on Elm Street, Rescue 911, and Stargate. These are great tables from Gottlieb that I've played in real life and in my opinion have to be made. The rest of them are ok like Surf N Safari, Wipeout, Cactus Jacks, and Bone Busters are Awesome tables too, but not as good as the first 3 I mentioned. When they start running out of unlicensed games these last 4 would be Awesome.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
I see the Gottlieb tables that should be on The Pinball Arcade and in this order, Freddy: Nightmare on Elm Street, Rescue 911, and Stargate. These are great tables from Gottlieb that I've played in real life and in my opinion have to be made. The rest of them are ok like Surf N Safari, Wipeout, Cactus Jacks, and Bone Busters are Awesome tables too, but not as good as the first 3 I mentioned. When they start running out of unlicensed games these last 4 would be Awesome.

+1.

I couldn't agree with you more.

David T. Melnick

Jul 23, 2014
True, but the fans never asked for that, the person who created the polls put that in there. I'm gonna take an educated guess and say that people who had never even hard of it just clicked on the pics/video links, said "Hey, this might be ok", and voted for it. I'm talking actual, personal, requests.

I remember people complaining, specifically at me and a few others, whenever we announced that we voted for less than 10 tables. As if the RULE was that you HAD to vote for 10 tables or else! lol I voted for tables I want, and a few that looked decent.

As for Gottlieb, sure, the majority aren't great, but I'll always say that we still need at least 1 every other season, just to add variety. As much as I dislike EMs, I feel the same way. The only Gottlieb tables I really want are "Freddy: A Nightmare on Elm Street", "Rescue 911", and "Stargate". However, there are a few that look decent and would love to try, such as "Wipeout" and "Bone Busters, Inc."

My theory on the Gottlieb tables/LCA choice is this:

1.) The reason we got so many towards the end of Season 2 is because the Williams/Bally licensing deal had ended, and also because Farsight has said on a few occasions that Gottlieb tables are the cheapest tables to acquire, so we'll always get one in any worst case scenario.

2.) I refuse to believe any reasoning that we got LCA over much more highly, HIGHLY requested Gottliebs, such as "Rescue 911", other than that someone from the company wanted it. The same reasoning also applies to "T2". (Though the sudden, out of nowhere window to license the table also played a factor.) I can't imagine LCA making more money than "Rescue 911", and the table would NOT require a kickstarter. I can't even imagine it being that pricey to make, either. They'd have to pay a fee to Gottlieb, and a free to CBS. (Or whoever currently owns the rights)

Also, there shouldn't be any reason why Farsight could NOT obtain the rights to such tables as "Wipe Out", "Cactus Jack's", etc. Those tables are non licensed, and Farsight already has a deal with Gottlieb to make re-create tables. So, seeing that LCA was never requested (At least to my knowledge), and the fact that it placed so low in the Top Ten Gottlieb Poll, I'm sticking with my theory.

...and this is EXACTLY what I did in my "Season 4 Most Wanted Poll". My only regret is that I couldn't add more tables. I also specifically left off Premium tables because the odds of them topping the poll were high, with the chances of us actually getting 98% of them being low.
-------------
adding one's favorite tables (to their list). Yea...I wondered why thet didn't allow that also.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Bone buster

-------------
adding one's favorite tables (to their list). Yea...I wondered why thet didn't allow that also.

I've personally never played Bone Buster but it looks like a decent table, certainly better then LCA although that table is starting to grow on me. Is there anyone reading this that has played it and if so, what do you think of the table?

ShakinRaven

Jul 12, 2016
I was finally able to play this table and have to agree it should be released in the future. Spent a lot of time on it and had a blast. Now that I watched the tutorial, I cant wait for another go.

Members online

Members online