Beta (1.10.0 )

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

netizen

Nexus 10
OS 4.2.1

When playing in portrait perspective the menu buttons at at end of game still aren't mapped properly so you get stuck in an endless loop of flipping between HOF and score, until you change to landscape. The same is true for table menu. As soon as you go into a sub menu, especially pro mode, the back button and help buttons are a loop in portrait perspective; you cannot exit the menu.

In the table menu the buttons aren't mapped right for portrait perspective.
pressing directly on IFPA Pro Tips selects Table Exploration, Pressing Table Exploration Chooses Ball Control, Etc.

To select Pro Tips you have to press under the button in the blank grey area.

Pro Mode Tables are now not holding time and date where they used to be a month behind; except for MM it never held date or time. Now all Pro tables are giving error messages of time and dare not set all the time. Will this have any lasting effects like it does on MM not retaining settings from operators menu them to game starting?

Last edited:
N

Nik Barbour

Since I can't use the two new tables, were any other tables updated at all for this version? As long as its not star trek or anythong from the cv pack I own it (give me a break this is my third copy lol)

The app didn't request any table updates this change 1.9 to 1.10

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
Anyone else having the login issue that Nik is having?
Yes. Mailed about it. So you should already have my e-mail, but I'll spare you the digging. (check pm box)
After loggin in, and pressing yes for facebook-tracking, a mystery pop-up box asks you to fill in one more thing.
It doesn't matter what you fill in, or okay it with the field left blank, or cancel... the facebook-tracking won't work

Also
The game demands a manual logout/login each time you reboot. Otherwise it'll falsely indicate a log-in.

Last edited:

Jan Duin

Feb 20, 2012
No problems logging in and accessing leaderboards with my Galaxy SII running stock 4.0.4 rom (unrooted).
UI is sluggish and requires several button presses before it registers.
Playing AFM (which plays brilliantly btw!!!) I put my phone into standbuy mode and when play resumed only the flipper sound worked. After I finished the game sound/music returned in the main menu.

@Superballs: Have just tried Black Hole, Black Knight (still gives 2 balls on 3 ball Multiball..) and Medieval Madness with only MM requiring a new download (which I can't complete due to crap internet speed at work..).

Last edited:

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
Anyone else having the login issue that Nik is having?

I have the same issue on SGSII on Android ver. 4.0.4 stock rom (rooted). Start the App, PHoF:WC Music plays briefly on splash screen, then as soon as the main menu appears --> insta-crash (complete freeze of sound and graphics). Can only back out via home button and close via task manager...

Edit: And it seems to be related to the login issue. I uninstalled and reinstalled the APP, which would then let me get into the main menu (not logged in). As soon as I provided my login details, the app immediately froze on the menu screen once again... I'm gonna go through the uninstall / reinstall cycle again to test if playing as guest works...

Last edited:

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
Also, the rotation black screen issue, is anyone seeing this on jellybean? I seem to only be able to repro it on os versions lower than that.
Yeah, I'm using the most up-to-date version of JB. My N7 is still stock.

I only need to rotate once or twice to get this bug. Some of you are saying you can rotate numerous times.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
so.......when the ball rolls back down the center loop and right loop it often comes back at crazy angles as it catches end of rail.......... is this not bothering anyone else? Is this correct? Just seems a bit random and unrealistic looking to me.

given I've had zero response, I figured I'd include an image to help explain what I'm on about. The green line shows how I think the ball should roll BACK DOWN the ramps. 50% of the time the ball does roll down correctly as per the green line. The rest of the time it comes down via the red line (even at the same speed the ball can behave differently). This is real frustrating as there is no pattern.

atf_ramps_issue.jpg

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
given I've had zero response, I figured I'd include an image to help explain what I'm on about. The green line shows how I think the ball should roll BACK DOWN the ramps. 50% of the time the ball does roll down correctly as per the green line. The rest of the time it comes down via the red line (even at the same speed the ball can behave differently). This is real frustrating as there is no pattern.

atf_ramps_issue.jpg

I've seen this happen numerous times now and I have to say, I don't recall this behavior happening on the real table that I play at Pinballz which is in very good shape. Medieval Madness has this same problem when the ball comes out of the main loop from the left near the peasant ramp. I think this needs to be checked on both tables.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
No problems logging in and accessing leaderboards with my Galaxy SII running stock 4.0.4 rom (unrooted).
UI is sluggish and requires several button presses before it registers.
Playing AFM (which plays brilliantly btw!!!) I put my phone into standbuy mode and when play resumed only the flipper sound worked. After I finished the game sound/music returned in the main menu.

@Superballs: Have just tried Black Hole, Black Knight (still gives 2 balls on 3 ball Multiball..) and Medieval Madness with only MM requiring a new download (which I can't complete due to crap internet speed at work..).

I wonder if the throigh the flippers thing was fixed. I will have to try and cause that

Edit: I think they did do something with the flippers. Though I'm having a hard time putting my finger on exactly what I'm seein on mm but it appears that occasionally the ball will go through the flipper and the snap forward. Almost like the top of the flipper is taller than the ball and passes over it and the ball is hitting a rubber band rather than a solid object.

This happens really quickly so it will be a challenge to capture

Last edited:

esp2000

Jun 4, 2012

atf_ramps_issue.jpg

I just bought the tables and have played a couple of games and I can say that I have seen this behavior as well. Happend to me the first time I played on my very first ball right at launch. Throught it was bizzare to STDM so fast like that from an odd angle.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
It's catching the edge of the standups as the ball rolls down.

All it needs is a collision mesh tweaking.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
ill mention it to Bobby, more of a tuning thing.
I've seen this happen numerous times now and I have to say, I don't recall this behavior happening on the real table that I play at Pinballz which is in very good shape. Medieval Madness has this same problem when the ball comes out of the main loop from the left near the peasant ramp. I think this needs to be checked on both tables.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
one more quick question then ill probably fall silent as I attempt to fix as much as possible.

The unresponsive ui, is it only the main menu or is the table select screen suffering from this as well?

N

netizen

If I am logged in then it is the main menu that is unresponsive. However, playing as a guest I find that that the table selection screen will freeze up intermittently when I have changed tables many times; >5.

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
If I am logged in then it is the main menu that is unresponsive. However, playing as a guest I find that that the table selection screen will freeze up intermittently when I have changed tables many times; >5.

the main menu when being logged in / logging in is not only "unresponsive" but actually freezes completely, right? at least that's what's happening on my end...

N

netizen

the main menu when being logged in / logging in is not only "unresponsive" but actually freezes completely, right? at least that's what's happening on my end...

I experience either it freezing and the menu just sitting there unresponsive on one device, or completely crashing the entire app on another.

So yes, I am experiencing the same as you.

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
I experience either it freezing and the menu just sitting there unresponsive on one device, or completely crashing the entire app on another.

So yes, I am experiencing the same as you.

Okay, I've been able to isolate what is causing the freezing issue during login, at least for me. freezing only occurs when trying to login with the email address / account that is associated with the backer-enabled kickstarter tables sttng and tz. As I expect is the case with many of you, I used a different email address for kickstarter than I did for the google account that is linked to the purchases I make / made on TPA. Thus, at the moment the kickstarter tables are only unlocked and accessible through the kickstarter email address (plus, all the purchased tables are also available using the kickstarter account). But this account will freeze immedeately upon login. The regular account, on the other hand, will not freeze, but also doesn't have access to the unlocked kickstarter tables. Maybe the handling / method for enabling the "free" kickstarter tables is causing the crash? (sorry, does that make any sense??)

N

netizen

Okay, I've been able to isolate what is causing the freezing issue during login, at least for me. freezing only occurs when trying to login with the email address / account that is associated with the backer-enabled kickstarter tables sttng and tz. As I expect is the case with many of you, I used a different email address for kickstarter than I did for the google account that is linked to the purchases I make / made on TPA. Thus, at the moment the kickstarter tables are only unlocked and accessible through the kickstarter email address (plus, all the purchased tables are also available using the kickstarter account). But this account will freeze immedeately upon login. The regular account, on the other hand, will not freeze, but also doesn't have access to the unlocked kickstarter tables. Maybe the handling / method for enabling the "free" kickstarter tables is causing the crash? (sorry, does that make any sense??)

Hmm, then how does this affect the non-persistent state of locally stored purchased tables and playing as a guest?

As I noted earlier, when I play as a guest, after doing a fresh install of 1.9.1, installing all the tables, logging out, and then installing 1.10.0, TZ, AFM, and Genie are shown as New Tables. Yet STTNG is in the My Tables menu with the pro tables menu fully accessible.

The local data stored for what Tables I own should be persistent, as I can play all the tables I bought on 1.9.1 as a guest or I can log in and play them. There is no difference.

Yet with 1.10.0 there is something else happening. It is affecting the way the persistent data is being read and how that is being interpreted as owned tables, all on top of whatever is causing the UI instability and log in issues.

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
Hmm, then how does this affect the non-persistent state of locally stored purchased tables and playing as a guest?

As I noted earlier, when I play as a guest, after doing a fresh install of 1.9.1, installing all the tables, logging out, and then installing 1.10.0, TZ, AFM, and Genie are shown as New Tables. Yet STTNG is in the My Tables menu with the pro tables menu fully accessible.

Just to be sure: did you purchase STTNG or did you receive it "for free" as a kickstarter reward? To me it seems that the way the kickstarter reward tables are handled when not having been regularily purchased is causing the problems. Playing as a guest the kickstarter reward tables are both NOT accessible for me because they were both "activated" through Far Sight directly instead of having been purchased through the in-app-purchasing system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts