Beta 1.30 (7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012
I would have tought it would be good to also have someones buying the table to see if there are any bugs or issues with that when testing beta.
And I just buy every table as soon as I can I thought it would be the fastest way to get the table, didn't want to risk any issues with season pass. And I don't mind if it cost more, every table is worth every cent.

So it would be better to buy season pass for next season?

They removed season passes, we don't know if they will return.

debuggiest

Aug 10, 2013
I was able to reproduce the flickering bug from 1.30.4. I also had another quirk with that "buy pro" dialog, where the table hud (with a working DMD) was visible on the table selection screen.

Michael DiFilippo

Mar 26, 2012
The bug where you pause the game, let the device sleep, then return and everything is moving super-fast is back, at least on an original Nexus 7. Yoyu need to restart the app to fix it, otherwise it affects every table.

It never was resolved and I'm using a Note 3

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
The bug where you pause the game, let the device sleep, then return and everything is moving super-fast is back, at least on an original Nexus 7. Yoyu need to restart the app to fix it, otherwise it affects every table.

It never was resolved and I'm using a Note 3

I can confirm the issue above, but it's triggered a different way than it was previously...or maybe it's just that I only checked the issue using the Home button before and neglected to check it using the Power button.

Start a game on any table → Launch the ball → Press the Power button on your device to turn off the screen → Press the Power button on your device to turn the screen back on → Press Resume and the speed issue is reproducible 100% of the time

Last edited:

Scumble373

FarSight Employee
Jul 1, 2014

Sorry to hear that sharkbear! Out of curiosity, if you go back to the homescreen and then go back to app, does the speed go back to normal?

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Sorry to hear that sharkbear! Out of curiosity, if you go back to the homescreen and then go back to app, does the speed go back to normal?

...and yes, pressing the Home button when the speed issue is present then returning to the game does return the speed back to normal without having to reset the app.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Hey Switch3flip,

Glad you're enjoying the table! Sorry about the no buying option, for the Beta we decided to take this out, but when the table releases on Friday the buying option will be back in! :)
I just quoted this so you would be notified.

I should start using the tagging feature more often. Is there any chance of getting and upward nudge touch zone between the flippers when shake nudging is enabled?

Michael DiFilippo

Mar 26, 2012
...and yes, pressing the Home button when the speed issue is present then returning to the game does return the speed back to normal without having to reset the app.

I can reproduce it 100% when I don't plunge on the first ball and press the power button twice. After the second time its pressed the screen will turn back on and the screen will flash. Since the ball isn't in play you will see immediately the lights are flashing faster and the issue has begun. Pressing the power button two more times may address the issue but I've seen it get worse. The app accelerates a lot faster.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I can reproduce it 100% when I don't plunge on the first ball and press the power button twice. After the second time its pressed the screen will turn back on and the screen will flash. Since the ball isn't in play you will see immediately the lights are flashing faster and the issue has begun. Pressing the power button two more times may address the issue but I've seen it get worse. The app accelerates a lot faster.

It's the Home button that addresses the issue...not the Power button, but yes, this is an issue that needs to be addressed before release.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
Hey Switch3flip,

Glad you're enjoying the table! Sorry about the no buying option, for the Beta we decided to take this out, but when the table releases on Friday the buying option will be back in! :)

Real shame if you ask me. Seems little point in letting me play it, for only 5 mins. I tend to purchase table during beta as only time I can get high up on leader boards.
Looks nice though.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
[MENTION=4573]Scumble373[/MENTION] Any chance we can get an updated beta build today so that we can report any lingering issues and hopefully give you guys a chance to fix them before release?

Scumble373

FarSight Employee
Jul 1, 2014
[MENTION=4573]Scumble373[/MENTION] Any chance we can get an updated beta build today so that we can report any lingering issues and hopefully give you guys a chance to fix them before release?

Absolutely! I hope to have a new beta build by the end of today. Unfortunately, the speed up issue won't be fixed by release. For now, the simple fix is: Don't press the power button while the table is running. Try pausing the table, then clicking the power button. It is definitely something that needs to be looked into.

I'll keep you posted on the new beta build!

Michael DiFilippo

Mar 26, 2012
It's the Home button that addresses the issue...not the Power button, but yes, this is an issue that needs to be addressed before release.

Here was my test, just now on start-up. It took 5 iterations of pressing the power button to fix itself.

1. Nothing happens
2. Nothing happens
3. Issue occurs
4. Speeds up
5. Issue resolves itself

But after repeating the steps, most of the time, the issue will occur first and by iterating a 3rd time the issue will resolve itself.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Thanks Scumble.

Great feedback Michael, hopefully Scumble will get the speed up issue resolved within the next week or two.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Real shame if you ask me. Seems little point in letting me play it, for only 5 mins. I tend to purchase table during beta as only time I can get high up on leader boards.
Looks nice though.

As you replied to a post directly adressed to me without stating you are someone else I don't know if I'm misunderstanding or if you are trying to make fun of me for being high up on leaderboard early on. I think the loss of me not being able to play beta is equally on my and farsights side as well as other users. As soon as beta is released I test it for all kinds of bugs I can think of. This is primarily for myself to have a bug free game but also for farsight and others to have a bug free game. I try to test the usual stuff and every other thing I can think of, that is high score list and all kinds of shots that don't balance game and whatever current table could have issues with. I think I've given relevant feedback on every beta to date.

I don't care much for high score chasing as I primarily end my games after three balls, still I'm around top 100 overall and in tournaments top 5 usually. Anyway.

Last edited:

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
I couldn't buy BSD right now even if I wanted to because purchases are completely broken in this build.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Seems silly as we can't thoroughly test it.

As a side note, are season passes going to be removed in this build?

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Well the button is there but there is talk in this thread about removing them, see post #81.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts