Beta 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Well, I'm happy to see the app updated to release 16, and AFM works. Was the first thing i checked.

Really really great release so far that I can see.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
Don't get to play TPA much after the initial beta release. Just had a bash on Flight2000 using the official release version - finding it much harder than the initial beta.

Question to Ryan et all. Is there anything stopping me installing the old beta APK file (providing I had it saved) and having my scores on the leader board?

surely the score boards should only accept a particular coded APK file (i.e the latest released version). Otherwise we have people exploiting early beta issues to get higher scores.

thoughts please.....

N

netizen

afaik there's nothing preventing you from installing an earlier APK file.

If you install it over the version you have you'll get a notice saying the version you have is newer do you want to do this. The Play Store may try and force an update unless you have auto updates turned off.

IDK about the leaderboards, but I would assume that so long as the device can connect the scores will be posted.

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
When you finish a game, that game's score is uploaded to the FS servers for posting on the leaderboard. Any older scores are not uploaded.

N

netizen

When you finish a game, that game's score is uploaded to the FS servers for posting on the leaderboard. Any older scores are not uploaded.

This isn't the question in this case.

The question is specifically about whether scores will update when using an older version, or outdated beta, of TPA. While it is established that Android users can install older APKs it is not totally clear, although assumed, that the leader boards will accept higher scores from older versions of TPA.

As xAzatothx noted some Beta versions of tables were easier and could be exploited.

Thing is tho the rez file is what gets called on install/download, and I am not sure exactly if the FS server stores multiple copies of the table rez files to be called by each version of the APK, or once Ryan purges the rez, if that is the only version for all.

If there are multiple copies of the rez file then there could be exploitable versions of the tables based on APK age/version, but if the rez files are finalized once purged, then I can;t see how there could be an exploit based on the version.

It gets a bit messy after some thinking about it.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
This isn't the question in this case.

The question is specifically about whether scores will update when using an older version, or outdated beta, of TPA.

Yes scores do update and register with the leaderboards no matter which apk file is installed.
It is obviously release dependent, and you have to have a corresponding table rez file to run which again must match rev wise.

I have done this many times in the past due to things temporarily not working with the hardware I had.
Titanium backup allows you to skip back and forth through releases with ease.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts