Beta 22

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
:: cracks knuckles :: "I'm here to eat lunch, and break stuff....
...and I'm all out of lunch."

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
yup, I think they "officially" announce it tomorrow. Well I'm off for home, enjoy!

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012

!!Broadside!!

Bug: ROM orchestration slow when ball hits outhole

Problem: compared with the real game, when the ball hits the outhole switch, the end of ball sequence triggers quite fast.

The current beta has a good 2-3 second delay before starting the bonus count.

Reproducable:

100% on Nexus 7 2013

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012

Bug: Music stops after about 1 minute in the shooter lane

Description: I was enjoying the shooter lane music [1] when you have S-I-N-K-S-H-I-P fully lit (in preparation for full Broadside mode).

After about a minute of the ball being un-launched, the music just cuts out.

When I launch the ball, the main gameplay music starts.

Reproduce:

1. Light S-I-N-K-S-H-I-P
2. Lose ball
3. Leave ball in shooter lane until music cuts out. Probably no longer than 2 minutes, but I wasn't counting becuase I was enjoying the tune.

Additional Info:

[1] There is a musical loop for the ball shooter hold that is particularly awesome, and I"ve missed hearing it for about 10 years (nerdy, I know) - stoked that Black Rose is here BTW...

It's like I reached the end of the music rip you guys took for the shooter lane, although I thought you just recorded the initial sting, then looped it. With this sample, I'm finding it hard to detect the loop, which makes me think you recorded 1 minute of this particular loop and thought "lol, no one would want to listen to any more than that..." ;P

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012

RFE: Speech is sounding TERRIBLE (caps intended).

Description: Not withstanding the technical limitations of Android and the way sound is deeply coupled to the engine, etc, etc, the speech calls audio quality is really, really, poor quality. Even worse than White Water.

Is there any way these can be cleaned up a bit? Even a little?

It is really the only thing detracting from the table that I"ve seen. The playfield and lighting is looking really sharp, but these voice samples just knock the whole product down a few notches.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
These observations were all from my first game. I played this table a fair bit in my youth, so I still vividly remember how it plays. You may see more observations (some probably trivial/minor) from me as more hours are spent testing.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Alright! Black Rose was one of my favorite games I played in Pelham. I was so good - even though I have never played the game until that day!

Stuart Webster

Apr 24, 2013
*invades android area* The audio is getting re-recorded and should be updated either tomorrow or Monday. :)

*flees*

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Known issues : low quality sound samples (see Stuart's post above), background music does not loop (again, see Stuart's post above), 5 second delay after the ball drains until the end of ball sequence commences (already entered into the bug tracker).

N

netizen

The instructions are for FT.

As are the IFPA Pro Tips

Do the default HSTD scores seem really low to anyone else?
I have never played this table before and manged to get grand champion first game, thinking it was maybe a fluke until I saw the HOF point award LOL. Extrapolation puts 1000 points at ~8.8 billion?

Obligatory camera angle complaints, as usual, for a beta. The plunger views are all messed up, seems those carried over from FT as well.

I feel this needs tuning in some way but I can't put my finger on it just yet.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Known issues : low quality sound samples (see Stuart's post above), background music does not loop (again, see Stuart's post above), 5 second delay after the ball drains until the end of ball sequence commences (already entered into the bug tracker).

Given issues with the sound on this table, that probably also explains the fact that when I was doing the "knife throw" video mode, the "drum roll" sound effect kept on playing after the mode was finished, and then the sound and music (except for the mechanical effects sound pool) dropped until ball end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts