Beta Vs 0.023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
Indeedy, especially as we basically have free access to every table (bar T2) until the release hits, which is rediculously thoughtful of those lovely developers :D

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
Agree. But to hold back on T2 makes no sense whatsoever. Period. Can not justify it it any way. I already own it for PS3 and IOS. End of rant.

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012
Agree. But to hold back on T2 makes no sense whatsoever. Period. Can not justify it it any way. I already own it for PS3 and IOS. End of rant.

Actually seems like the perfect way to beta test the code that limits table access based on user login. I Guess it works! :p

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Not for me...

Error.jpg

First time I've encountered this in all beta versions. Was working just fine yesterday.

No longer boots from Steam. :(

Rebooting your PC may help.

If not, post log.txt and post the last line from MemLog.txt, should say something like Largest size = #

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
Rebooting your PC may help.

If not, post log.txt and post the last line from MemLog.txt, should say something like Largest size = #

Okay Mike, thanks. Exiting and restarting Steam did the trick (you may have missed my edited post).

I'll keep an eye on the .txt files if it does it again.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Okay Mike, thanks. Exiting and restarting Steam did the trick (you may have missed my edited post).

I'll keep an eye on the .txt files if it does it again.

RAM can get fragmented over time. This can cause it to not have a large enough chunk to allocate for pinball assets. Restarting will usually fix that.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
That's an easy one to explain, the table is tied to user account not the beta build. It must not of been activated on your user account and I assume you need to email support@pinballarcade.com and a staff member can activate it. If I recall that is what I did, but I can check my email if needed for more specifics.

The email below was sent 8/23

"FarSight Studios says:

Hello there,

We want to let you know that you are officially able to beta test Terminator 2 for PC, if that is your platform of choice.

Just a reminder that if your FarSight log in is different from your Kickstarter log in, please let us know at support@pinballarcade.com.

We are just a bit away from releasing for PC and I/we hope that you are as excited as we are.

Thank you.
"
Ohhhh.... damnit. I could've had access to it all this time! I definitely didn't get that email. Hopefully they haven't left for the weekend. I think I was confused with this: "T2 beta testing has begun for PC/Steam for those backers at $300 and above. The game should be released in less than a month." and because I didn't back for that amount, I didn't bother. Oh well, this is a welcome surprise :)

Last edited:

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
There's no sound after the main menu, table select is silent, and the actual table has no sounds either?

Very odd.

Edit: there is sound its just VERY quiet.

Last edited:

CycOd3liC

Feb 28, 2012
I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but if I turn on the operator menu on one table and then leave the table, it's active on other tables. Is this normal behavior?

Last edited:

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Today there will be a new beta build. It'll have a purchasing test (you won't own any tables and have to "purchase" them). The purchasing is done through a sandbox server so there are no charges, even though it will look like it. More details shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.