BIG BUG ...creature blacklagoon

budtki@verizon.net

Aug 20, 2012
a couple of my biggest games on creature(literally 5 or 6 hours straight) on same game I thought my score had to be wrong, os, the other day I sat down to get the highest leaderboard score, I paused the game a couple of times to note my score and jackpots, I had a whopper of a game, my superjackpot was close to 3 billion, I hit at least 10 jackpots and about 6 super jackpots, most of them above 2 billion nad that's not even including the multiplier which was almost always at 4x... I watched the score roll over(where the score doesn't display first digit in a score higher then9billion999999...ithen continued to hit jackpot after superjackpot, adding the totals, I watched the score roll over a few times, then I noticed my score zeroed out and started all over again.....I really love this machine but is is not worth playing for hours to beat the best score when the scoring program has a bug..please fix...PS3

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
a couple of my biggest games on creature(literally 5 or 6 hours straight) on same game I thought my score had to be wrong, os, the other day I sat down to get the highest leaderboard score, I paused the game a couple of times to note my score and jackpots, I had a whopper of a game, my superjackpot was close to 3 billion, I hit at least 10 jackpots and about 6 super jackpots, most of them above 2 billion nad that's not even including the multiplier which was almost always at 4x... I watched the score roll over(where the score doesn't display first digit in a score higher then9billion999999...ithen continued to hit jackpot after superjackpot, adding the totals, I watched the score roll over a few times, then I noticed my score zeroed out and started all over again.....I really love this machine but is is not worth playing for hours to beat the best score when the scoring program has a bug..please fix...PS3

Unfortunately it's an emulation bug on that occurs on the real table as well. Scoring over 10 billion rolls the score over to 0.

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
Theres a safe way to get big scores. Rollover never with a Jackpot or Super Jackpot. I´ve reached 312B this way. For sure not an easy task. :p

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Yeah, if you play an older table such as Big Shot you'll find it's really easy to make the score roll over. It's just a limitation of real pinball machines up until around the 90s, with limited digits allowed on dials / alphanumeric displays. Eventually DMDs were able to display all scores that could be possible reached in a lifetime, for some reason it sounds like Creech still has an upper limit though. Behind the scenes, TPA keeps track of the rollovers behind the scenes and awards you the correct score at game end. On the leaderboard your full score is saved. It should really be on the local high scores too. If it's not in both of those places, it's probably a bug.

RSchwantner

FarSight Employee
Aug 4, 2014
Yeah, if you play an older table such as Big Shot you'll find it's really easy to make the score roll over. It's just a limitation of real pinball machines up until around the 90s, with limited digits allowed on dials / alphanumeric displays. Eventually DMDs were able to display all scores that could be possible reached in a lifetime, for some reason it sounds like Creech still has an upper limit though. Behind the scenes, TPA keeps track of the rollovers behind the scenes and awards you the correct score at game end. On the leaderboard your full score is saved. It should really be on the local high scores too. If it's not in both of those places, it's probably a bug.

The limitation on the local high scores is that the list shares data with the ROM which can only handle so many digits. This is so the score comes up properly on the DMD High score list as well as the menu list.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts