big shot in a few days... finally the wait is over!

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
Confirmed the standard goals on BS are easy, but that's why there are goals for Wizards. Perhaps there should be Grand Wizard goals? As well in SS, the ball hardly ever drains through the out lanes... a welcome change from TZ! :)

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Sounds much easier than the iOS version. Took me a fair amount of time to score over 250,000. iOS outlanes are pretty tough on that one.

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
Guys/gals I have to confess something. I must have been very lucky when the store was in transition to update, because I ended up getting the Pro version of Scared Stiff and Big Shot for FREE. That's right...free! Now I doubt the store meant to do that, but it happened. My mouth was wide open. At first I didn't want to do that as I like FarSight and want to support them in any way shape possible. However, I really wanted to see if this was true. So I hit download and BAM...free tables for both PS3 and Vita versions. I just wanted to see if anyone else experienced this.

Oh and I really want to know the purpose of Pro versions of any tables. They don't tell you anything you already don't know. As far as the tips from pros that you can easily get off of the table guide. I also can't open the coin door. Do I have to complete the wizard goals for that to happen or something? Please excuse my ignorance. I really want to know.

ravager

Jul 20, 2012
Guys/gals I have to confess something. I must have been very lucky when the store was in transition to update, because I ended up getting the Pro version of Scared Stiff and Big Shot for FREE. That's right...free! Now I doubt the store meant to do that, but it happened. My mouth was wide open. At first I didn't want to do that as I like FarSight and want to support them in any way shape possible. However, I really wanted to see if this was true. So I hit download and BAM...free tables for both PS3 and Vita versions. I just wanted to see if anyone else experienced this.

Oh and I really want to know the purpose of Pro versions of any tables. They don't tell you anything you already don't know. As far as the tips from pros that you can easily get off of the table guide. I also can't open the coin door. Do I have to complete the wizard goals for that to happen or something? Please excuse my ignorance. I really want to know.

Nope, I gladly paid the 5 dollars for this PS3 version of SS and BS.

SS pro table is probably one of the more worthwhile ones because you can take off the family mode, and Elvira is slightly more provocative. Otherwise, I don't see them as essential. I'm sure others like them, and will give you a different opinion.

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
Sounds much easier than the iOS version. Took me a fair amount of time to score over 250,000. iOS outlanes are pretty tough on that one.

Yeah, after hearing the trouble people were having on that one I thought I would never get it.
Judging by how badly my friends are beating me on most every table my pinball skills aren't the most impressive.
Hit a 270 fairly quick though.

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012

check your email you got charged. Same thing happened to me. Call Sony and they should submit a refund request. Thanks to that little exploit I got to try pro mode. More on that later........

Ruz-El

Sep 6, 2012
SS pro table is probably one of the more worthwhile ones because you can take off the family mode, and Elvira is slightly more provocative. Otherwise, I don't see them as essential. I'm sure others like them, and will give you a different opinion.

I bought the pro-mode mainly to give Farsight a couple extra bucks. It's completely ridiculous though that turning off Family Mode locks the game from updating goals and leader-boards. As others have said of course. Make it an option on the pro-menu under "Pro-Tips" of something so we can play the game like it was in the arcades. is "Fat Head" really that much worse than the "Good Head" joke?

It's a bit of a nit-pick. I thought both these tables played pretty great and I encountered no weird bugs that I could see. I think that's a first. I had to laugh when finding Big Shot on the menu and instead of music you just got the "pings" from the jet bumper. For such a plain looking table, it sure is tricky and fun. I love the old style tables, hope we see some more.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I really like BS... and hope we get more EMs! This was a good pack.

Agreed. I wouldn't mind getting a few more EM's. Glad that Fireball is probably coming. One of the best EM's out there. EM love is a finicky lot though. At some point Farsight should post a poll with a list of EM's they're interested in and let us vote in which one's we'd like to see.

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
Okay guys, it looks as though I haven't been charged. I have the same amount in my PSN wallet and I didn't get the email I normally get when I buy stuff...well I bought the new stage on Playstation All Star Battle Royale. I got that email.

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
It doesn't do anything for Big Shot. Its just for Scared Stiff, FYI.
I can't recall if famillymode is turned on or off by default on that table. If it is, you really want that pro-pack to fully enjoy Elvira's sexual inuendos and other oneliners.

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
I can't recall if famillymode is turned on or off by default on that table. If it is, you really want that pro-pack to fully enjoy Elvira's sexual inuendos and other oneliners.

You have to turn off family mode to enjoy those lines from Elvira...sadly, it disables leaderboards and achieved goals. :(

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts