BlahCade Podcast #13 - The Anniversary Episode

debuggiest

Aug 10, 2013
Gah. I really need to keep looking for new streams... Listening now...

You guys think castle multiball is hard to get? I have a better chance of running several of those in a game than I do getting to BFK... I agree the left flipper is better than the right one though.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012

You guys think castle multiball is hard to get? I have a better chance of running several of those in a game than I do getting to BFK... I agree the left flipper is better than the right one though.

What, you're not aware of our totally random release pattern? Ya know, if you followed us on Twitter you'd know exactly when the next BlahCade is available!

When yer done listening, let us know what you thought.

debuggiest

Aug 10, 2013
What, you're not aware of our totally random release pattern? Ya know, if you followed us on Twitter you'd know exactly when the next BlahCade is available!

When yer done listening, let us know what you thought.

I hardly use my twitter anymore. Not really a fan of social networking. :p

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012

Just subscribe using your podcast app. These apps will download shows automatically for you.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Keep in mind that when we're discussing strategy for a machine in depth, we're discussing the real machine, not TPA's version of it. The lock shot is much harder on a real one.

Also, the left vs right flipper thing is for hitting the castle itself. The lock is obviously easier from the right.

Battle for the Kingdom is its own world; I've never come close on a real one and I know no one personally who has.

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
I love listening to the in-depth IRL pinball strategy, it's a nice reminder of the vagaries of real life pinball.

debuggiest

Aug 10, 2013
Keep in mind that when we're discussing strategy for a machine in depth, we're discussing the real machine, not TPA's version of it. The lock shot is much harder on a real one.

Also, the left vs right flipper thing is for hitting the castle itself. The lock is obviously easier from the right.

Battle for the Kingdom is its own world; I've never come close on a real one and I know no one personally who has.

I've played the real table too. :p

To be honest, I don't like the right flipper at all on MM, unless I want to hit the left ramp or orbit. To each their own I suppose.

Just subscribe using your podcast app. These apps will download shows automatically for you.

Got soundcloud?

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
I need [MENTION=580]Heretic[/MENTION] to give me some rage lessons.

Did anybody catch the tune I used during the segment? 5000 bonus points if you can name it.

Actually towards the end of the 60 seconds you was just getting in the flow and they cut you off! I wanted to hear your comments on the neglected PC orphan! Maybe you can get 60 secs warmup + 60:secs for the final rage :)

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Actually towards the end of the 60 seconds you was just getting in the flow and they cut you off! I wanted to hear your comments on the neglected PC orphan! Maybe you can get 60 secs warmup + 60:secs for the final rage :)

We are planning on having this be a recurring feature, so maybe we just need to do s better job at stoking Jeff's fire 😈

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Favorite podcast yet!

I agree that the overall lack of polish and refinement in TPA are starting to become an issue. Zen is really more of a distraction than anything for me, but, like you said, the experience is just so much better. It just works. I hope one of the 12 days of Christmas topics is the UI refresh, because it needs it.

I've been feeling kind of burned out on TPA lately, and I'm so ready for some new features and functionality. Of course I play almost exclusively on the Vita so...

Last edited:

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
hey shout-out that that was like the best ep yet! :) it was high-larrrious! :) you guys bring the funny! i hope though you aren't winding down the show, are you? by the end of it you all were almost sounding like "well that's it" lol... i hope not! take a break and just do it when you've got enough stuff to bother 'castin'... :) there always will be!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
hey shout-out that that was like the best ep yet! :) it was high-larrrious! :) you guys bring the funny! i hope though you aren't winding down the show, are you? by the end of it you all were almost sounding like "well that's it" lol... i hope not! take a break and just do it when you've got enough stuff to bother 'castin'... :) there always will be!

Winding down? Ha! We were just winding down for that episode. Fear not, a new one will be recorded shortly. December is not exactly easy for us to record in for some reason. Can't quite place my finger on it. Anyway, more BlahCade is on the way for 2015, usually once a month.

Thanks for listening!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.