Bobby King round 5?

Stormchild

Jun 24, 2012
I'm jumping the gun a bit here, but I just thought of a question I'd like to ask for the next round. Mods, feel free to lock this topic if it snowballs into a whole bunch of other people asking questions (since we don't even know if there will *be* a round 5 yet…).

In this video about Elvira: Scared Stiff, this guy says he usually doesn't bother with mods, and prefers to keep his tables in factory condition, but Elvira: SS was subjected to financial cutbacks due to waning profits in the industry that made the production units lack some of the details that were in the design. For example, the bones on the bone ramp were supposed to have a "washed" look that made them look more like actual bones, but on the production tables they basically cheaped out and skipped that step, shipping plain white plastic that lacked the intended detail. So in this one case, he modded his own table to make it more like the factory condition *should have been*.

If you watch that video, there are a number of other details that were cut from the production tables as well.

My question is: would FarSight consider deviating from the exact details of a table in a situation where the production tables did not match the final design prototypes?

(I think this is a different question than the one re: whether FarSight would change the female character in Taxi back to Marilyn Monroe, because that was a licensing/likeness issue that would cause the same problem for FarSight as it did for Williams.)

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Thanks for the reminder. I'll start the official thread later tonight. Been a bit busy/distracted with a few things.

karl

May 10, 2012
Good question! Was gonna ask the same question myself. (Or have I already asked it? having a deja-vu experience here, but not sure) Maybe My eyes is playing tricks on me, but the skeleton on the picture Farsight gave us of Scarred stiff looks more like the mod version than the original to me. It's far from plain white? Anyway they have to ask the license holder if it is ok to mod the table before changing anything. I agree that they should only do this if it was intended from the start but if so I vote JAY

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Iirc, there were two versions of The Ringmaster head used in CV, and FS decided to create an amalgamation of the two. So, I would think that means that FS is willing to make changes if need be.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts