Box Office Bombs - What pinball tables from this list do you want in TPA? Take 2!

Box Office Bombs - What tables from this list would you like in TPA?

• Demolition Man

Votes: 26 53.1%
  • Flash Gordon

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Johnny Mnemonic

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • Krull

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Last Action Hero

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • Lost In Space

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mary Shelley's Frankenstein

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • Meteor

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • Starship Troopers

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • The Shadow

Votes: 31 63.3%
  • Waterworld

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Night Flier

Jun 10, 2014
ID4 was huge at the box office (1st film I remember hearing in Dolby Digital surround sound,that was something!) so I didn't put in the table as a choice.

As for the rest - I strictly used their original box office take for my criteria. If you look at Flash Gordon now - that is a bonafide cult classic - but back in 1980 it was all about ESB. The same goes for Starship Troopers & Waterworld - both of which have turned a profit through home video sales.

Like you said in your opening post, you used the sole U.S. box office numbers.But international counts as well.And then there's home video.A film like Starship Troopers is ultimately a success.Even had two, albeit dtv, sequels.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
BTW - my three choices:

The Shadow - I absolutely love the layout of the table,and the flow as well. If I ever get to own a couple of real tables,hopefully this will be one of them.

Krull - I love BH,and for different reasons,HH. The fact that there are only 9 in existence will make it impossible for most to play. This would be the next best thing.

Starship Troopers - I've only played the table once or twice - but I LOVE the film/license. So that would be my third choice.

Demo. Man & Johnny M. are both good tables & would be fun in TPA. I wouldn't mind either if Meteor or Flash Gordon made it in either.

Just imagine if FG was made as a modern DMD with the Queen soundtrack for audio. That would be sweet...

The Night Flier

Jun 10, 2014
BTW - my three choices:

The Shadow - I absolutely love the layout of the table,and the flow as well. If I ever get to own a couple of real tables,hopefully this will be one of them.

Krull - I love BH,and for different reasons,HH. The fact that there are only 9 in existence will make it impossible for most to play. This would be the next best thing.

Starship Troopers - I've only played the table once or twice - but I LOVE the film/license. So that would be my third choice.

Demo. Man & Johnny M. are both good tables & would be fun in TPA. I wouldn't mind either if Meteor or Flash Gordon made it in either.

Just imagine if FG was made as a modern DMD with the Queen soundtrack for audio. That would be sweet...

Signed and sealed.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I did Johnny mnemonic, demolition man and the shadow. All three are absolutely fantastic tables and would be amongst my favorites without the license. If I had to do honorable mention, krull looks intriguing and last action hero is a great table. Nothing else really stands out to me from what I remember or what I see.

The Night Flier

Jun 10, 2014
I did Johnny mnemonic, demolition man and the shadow. All three are absolutely fantastic tables and would be amongst my favorites without the license. If I had to do honorable mention, krull looks intriguing and last action hero is a great table. Nothing else really stands out to me from what I remember or what I see.

All cool licenses as far as i'm concerned.

Buzz1126

Dec 27, 2013
If I remember right, "Starship Troopers" has a regulation size flipper on the right, along with a much smaller flipper. How would that translate to TPA? All of these tables are ones that I've either had the opportunity to play or watch as someone else plays. I'd kinda like to see them all become TPA tables.
Regarding the movies themselves, I thought "Waterworld" was a bit underrated, as was "Starship Troopers". "Last Action Hero" was a good movie about a bad movie, and the concept to be able to get into a movie from real life? Tell me you've never wished to leave your seat and jump into a starship or a battle between orcs and dwarves. Where's my golden ticket...

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
... "Last Action Hero" was a good movie about a bad movie, and the concept to be able to get into a movie from real life? Tell me you've never wished to leave your seat and jump into a starship or a battle between orcs and dwarves. Where's my golden ticket...

Does pr0n count?

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
Night wing, I wish you could have done 4 tables, the first 3 are my picks, but I'm also adding my fourth. I have played all 4 in real life and played them many times, I want all of them in The Pinball Arcade someday, well here we go.

1)Demolition Man- why, because it was an Awesome movie and an even more Awesome Pinball Machine, my favorite part in the Pinball Machine is when Stallone and Snipes are yelling at each other and the game shakes when their doing it. I also love the Cry-o claw.

2)Last Action Hero- why because I love when Arnold lends his voice into the games, I also love the many modes and a couple great Multi-ball games. Another fun game to play.

3)Starship Troopers- why because I loved the movie, and really love the Pinball lay-out. It is also a fun and pretty fast game to play.

4)The Shadow- why because it also has an Awesome playfield and many things to do, I love the Multi-ball, when The Shadow starts laughing then says Multi-ball.

Well those are my 4 favorite games, I want them badly. A couple of other games are ok like Frankenstein, and Johnny Mnemonic would also be cool on the TPA, but those 4 I really want.

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
Watch this video, go to about 8:01 minutes and you will here what I'm talking about when Stallone and Snipes are talking to each other. That is just one of my favorite parts of the game, I would help generously with a Kickstarter just for that and of course for playing the game to, tell me what you think. http://youtu.be/bg4WW9dKN2Y

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
If I remember right, "Starship Troopers" has a regulation size flipper on the right, along with a much smaller flipper. How would that translate to TPA? All of these tables are ones that I've either had the opportunity to play or watch as someone else plays. I'd kinda like to see them all become TPA tables.
Regarding the movies themselves, I thought "Waterworld" was a bit underrated, as was "Starship Troopers". "Last Action Hero" was a good movie about a bad movie, and the concept to be able to get into a movie from real life? Tell me you've never wished to leave your seat and jump into a starship or a battle between orcs and dwarves. Where's my golden ticket...

I actually really love "Last Action Hero". It's not only hilarious, but it still really holds up to this day. I actually just watched it not too long ago. I honestly can't tell you how much I quote that movie. ("Do you wanna be a farmer? Here's a couple of acres!" LOL) I never understood why it got so much hate, though? It was MEANT to be cheesy and sarcastic, but I think it flew over a lot of people's heads. Go figure.

As for the table, it's a blast. However, again like the movie, people just don't seem to like anything about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DxfUDZFtKQ

Watch this video, go to about 8:01 minutes and you will here what I'm talking about when Stallone and Snipes are talking to each other. That is just one of my favorite parts of the game, I would help generously with a Kickstarter just for that and of course for playing the game to, tell me what you think. http://youtu.be/bg4WW9dKN2Y

Wow, I'd never heard that part on there before...that's pretty sick.

I miss this game. :(

Bravewall

Jul 5, 2014
The Shadow is a dope, dope table. I've played it for hours when I was a kid.

Last Action Hero, has to have some great Arnold lines.

Starship troopers is the right kind of cheese for pinball.

Cyberleader63

Banned
Mar 28, 2014
I also like water world.
In the movie Dirt was the most valuable thing in the world.
There was this part in the movie where the main character
Goes into an atoll holding a glass jar with some Dirt in it.
An the camera turns to some smiling ladies and one says
OOOH he’s got dirt.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.