Bram Stokers Dracula Table

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
My app store showed 1 update.....for Dropbox. :mad:

I was hoping that since it was supposed to come on Friday and did not appear on the weekend it would be an early day release. Guess not. Hopefully it will still be earlier than usual (which is after 5pm Eastern time for the last several releases)

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
It's not like it's FarSight's fault. But when they say a few days, it makes me think 3 days. So right now? Well few means 3 or more. Hats off to FarSight for choosing your words wisely. It'll be worth it though.

MadAxeMan

Jan 31, 2014
I don't think it's Apple....

No iOS (blame Apple)
No OSX (blame Apple)
No OSX Steam (can't blame Apple)

Hope Farsight gets it out soon :)
looking forward to it

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
just because i had to make a hard decision over it (over "arabian nights"), as far as what i really like to play in TPA recently, down to a "top five" arrangement. sometime i'll have to mess around some with the big ratings thread and try that, but (like i do a bit with my itunes) i've got more of a three/four-star arrangement - the top five i'd love to personally own the real tables in my home... :) the next best fifteen/twenty would be for stocking that fantasy barcade restaurant someday! then the rest - are fun to play, but not jonesin' to find in real life. just based upon a general mix of fun play, gadgetry/rampage, and theme/artwork/appearance... it's tough to choose!

BUT NOTE THAT i have rarely if ever have played any of these tables IRL - in fact i've played NONE of my current top five! Funhouse is the last one i played RL when it was first introduced, and twenty-plus or whatever years later re-discovered in TPA; that's what sold me on FS off the bat! probably the one pinball machine that showed me there was "pinball after space invaders/pac man" and all that other videogame BS... anyhow, here's the current five, finally!

5. SCARED STIFF - well come on, it's elvira! gotta love her. but aside from the vicarious thrills of her wonderfully sexy and silly voiceovers (family-safe mode practically worthless, hardly any less titillating! after all, "let's see how scared STIFF you can get!"), it's a darn good table to get your ball-playing chops together with... play may be repetitve, but it's a great practice table! when you get good enough to be bashing the crate with multiballs, you can sort of 'break' the machine. it has an awesome freakout, and that's a kick!

4. RIPLEY'S BELIEVE IT OR NOT - at least in the current crop of tables in TPA, i think of ripley's and twilight zone in the same breath - a similar extravagent amount of ubercool gadgetry on the table, and both themes ala 'it's a strange, unusual world' - one fictional, the other based on real events and/or legends.

not that i don't naturally dig the ripley's theme more than tz (i grew up with many of those pocketback compliations of the ripley's strips, so that's a 'happy place' memory). and not that i just dig the gadgetry of ripley's over tz (i do; seems more spiral-wirey, and some of tz's targets are just too hidden by the layout).

no, it's the damned table's 'DI-DI-DI-DI! DI-DI-DI-DI!' version of the tz theme that kinda always makes me want to pass it by... it just drills into your head! but anyhow, i often think 'ripley's is my twilight zone'.

3. THEATRE OF MAGIC - i'd bought more (most) of the tpa tables than i really have time to play, so i'm still re-disovering some of them along the way - theatre is one of them! actually once i started making my top five/fifteen list is when i gave it a serious try; it came down to this and 'tales of arabian nights' (same designer, right?).

once i figured out how much speedy fun the various loops can be, it started showing off how fun it is to play (just a bit more than ripley's, otherwise the two would switch 3rd/4th place). though it does get some serious points off in my book for that annoying, over-theatrical voiceover - "the THEEEEE-AAHH-TAH awaits!" they must've thought that appropriate at the time!

2. CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON - another 'rediscovered' table for me, after someone mentioned the movie being repeated on svengoolie a few months back! like probably a lot of first-players, it seemed like the coolest table ever to send your balls straight down the shoot right off the bat! so i'd let it cool all this time, then gave it a serious go again a few months ago... and finally 'got it!'

just too much fun - the theme, the ramps, the play, the art, the display, the lighting. and then rather uniquely lightweight in gadgetry and multiball, it just all adds up to a triple-A brilliant table! maybe not easy to pick up at first, but once you do, you enjoy every freakin' second you're playing it.

and now, numbah 1...

MONSTER BASH!! can you deny it? what can i say that hasn't already been said? a freakin' masterpiece of a monster of a table. -every- classic movie monster in one table? as a ROCK SUPERGROUP?!? awesome and epic theme, artwork, display, layout, rampage, lighting, play. there's nothing like getting those first multiballs going... until you get that first six-ball monster bash!!!

all that, -and- humor in a sort of updated 'young frankenstein' vein (just me probably, but most other table's sense of humor is a bit too corny/obvious - mb has just the right tone and balance to these updated rock monsters.) not too difficult a machine, although it has a devilishly clever layout that constantly threatens to send your balls SDTM. it -does- eventually defeat you via fatigue. along with the creature's own table at #2, you just smile start to finish.

if i could offer my thought about a ratings add-on to the future gui, i'd recommend just going with three or four stars/levels - faves, more, and 'the rest/the attic'. to me, any more is overthinking it - people usually know what they like, -definitely- know what they don't like, and the rest are give-and-take eh? display table list by user ratings, by online cumulative ratings - online votes restricted to one per day, or so perhaps. just that, the thought of 10 stars is too much, really! simplify, simplify...
Great list and some interesting picks. I for one love creature. Ripley was my least favorite table for a while then it all clicked and now I love it.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
So glad I looked at this thread since I didnt have any idea it would be today! And now I will be checking in every minute! It would be nice to have an estimate on what time. Yeah, it's usually afternoon, but that's not good enough. I'm in the central zone. I'd rather not be checking my App Store every minute. Hey, at least I'm looking forward to something.

Lost my job of 6 years, because of heavy drinking. TPA is my way of escaping the fact that I'm out of control. Didn't mean to bring it into a dark place guys. Head the warnings of others. And don't let it take over your life. Now let's get some BSD! Being addicted means that you lose your sense of time, people, and lose your ability to think for yourself. I only includes that part because I know you guys are cool, and we all have one thing in common, pinball
Hey man, best wishes to you and hopefully you can get your problems sorted and get your head in the right place to regain control of your life. I understand where you are. Tough road ahead bit a road worth travelling.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
How did you get from Christine to Phantom of the Opera?

Sorry to burst your bubble but it is the same car the guy is driving in Earthshaker. Which in the on the face plate is red but if you look at the pink one on the table surface, it is the same car. Its a little more logical than Red Convertible - Christine - Halloween - Phantom of the Opera.

http://www.flippers.be/pinball/williams/earthshaker/earthshaker.html
Um other than a main character being named Christine in POTO it's a pretty big stretch.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Um other than a main character being named Christine in POTO it's a pretty big stretch.

Woah! I think you might be right. I would LOVE to see EARTHSHAKER over POTO.

maxresdefault.jpg

How do you explain the dialogue in the clue though? The car asking if you know it's name and it being a horror themed hint with ELVIRA makes the leap from Stephen King's Christine to POTO a little easier.

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
Elvira is the table of the month.
And I would love to see Earthshaker over POTO too.
But it's coming soon !

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
That's what happened to me with Tee'd Off!

i can never remember if it's TO or NGG that i prefer... that and all the 'gone fishin' style tables, all seem to blur together into one giant 'caddyshack' pinball ripoff to me! kinda fun, but never really grab me as anything special...

HEY so, in the last little 'blahcast 10.5' - that bk ("that's bobby and not BURGER king!" lol!) mentioned them working on an ORIGINAL table... wow COOL!!! what you think it'll be??? something inside that bulk sony licensing deal he mentioned?? what up with that, anyways, what good guesses going on? curious... but i was thinking, hmm if they wanted to be really spearheading something... maybe they could be working on something that is outside of copyright/tm??? not that they'd go all pre-last century authors... i'm thinking perhaps, "night of the living dead"?? (not like they'd -have- to, but maybe they approached romero with a sweetheart offering?) or - god forbid... "manos, the hands of fate"?? (MST3K table, YESSS!!! that'd be one to end all tables! but damned near impossible to do with all the movie refs... maybe they could make one just based on the BB stuff inbetween the movies!) anyhow - maybe some oddball unlicensed, uncopyrighted prop out there is what they're working on... unless it's a -complete- original! (i hope it's not another 'caddyshack' ripoff, lol! shoot for 'blues bros' vibe maybe instead guys!)

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Hey man, best wishes to you and hopefully you can get your problems sorted and get your head in the right place to regain control of your life. I understand where you are. Tough road ahead bit a road worth travelling.

A while ago I thought you were some old bag, just based on your pic. But I watched one of your vids on Big Shot. Learned a lot.. As far as how I'm doing, well, we'll see how that goes. But I'm going on a road trip from Michigan to Colorado tomorrow. It's going to be a week long. It'll take my mind off of things. Also, I didn't realize the tourney going on til Oct 10 was for gold qualifiers. If I knew that, I wouldn't've been wasting my time playing Fish Tales. Superballs... I'd love to see you make a video of Fish Tales

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.