breaking the glass option

haj

Sep 28, 2012
Sometimes I really want to break the glass. So you would rub the ipad vigorously and you immediately get a TILT, which is fine, I don't care. The more violently rub the glass the more the glass get broken texture. Yeah the game can be forced ended as a penalty or even better, it can quit TPA app. In addition to that next time you start the game you'll have to press the switch which says you won't break the glass again. There can be a leader board entry of how many glass you've broken. Break 20 times on the same table and you'd have to re-purchase the table.

I get that kind of frustration sometimes lately like when usually the ball is too bouncy on the flippers and miss some time limit shot for that but then next second it suddenly loses all the velocity on a flipper resulting a center drain. I know I suck. I should take more calcium or something ;p

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
There already IS a broken glass simulation, you didn't know? Just hit your screen hard enough with your fist and break that glass! It's the best simulation ever, you can even feel the texture of broken glass! And it's so realistic the glass stays broken until you replace it! Farsight really outdid themselves on this one, it's one of those secret easter eggs, you know. So next time you're raging with anger, don't hesitate, smash that glass and be amazed at the most realistic broken glass simulation ever made!

Krooze L-Roy

Aug 30, 2013
There's a Checkers game on Xbox 360 (called Bloody Checkers, which I highly recommend), where you can ragequit by flipping the board over. In fact, I think it even has a button dedicated to it.

As expensive as controllers are these days, you can't just throw them like you used to.

Last edited:

Stuart Webster

Apr 24, 2013
There already IS a broken glass simulation, you didn't know? Just hit your screen hard enough with your fist and break that glass! It's the best simulation ever, you can even feel the texture of broken glass! And it's so realistic the glass stays broken until you replace it! Farsight really outdid themselves on this one, it's one of those secret easter eggs, you know. So next time you're raging with anger, don't hesitate, smash that glass and be amazed at the most realistic broken glass simulation ever made!

I couldn't help but laugh at this. :)

haj

Sep 28, 2012
There's a Checkers game on Xbox 360 (called Bloody Checkers, which I highly recommend), where you can ragequit by flipping the board over. In fact, I think it even has a button dedicated to it.

As expensive as controllers are these days, you can't just throw them like you used to.

That sounds fun. I imaigne many people will find such button so stupid when they try it first time but as time goes by, there's a day when they hit the button to mean it!

Hey FarSight why not implement this supid button and even better make it DLC ;) I guess it wouldn't be very difficult function to make, you could even wipe the leader score as part of penalty (scary eh?) ;)

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
back in the day when a game was frustrating / ate the quarter with 1 2 3 SDTM or outlane drains the way to express anger was to slam tilt the machine which would knock / blow away the game including the match. However i never seen anyone break the glass doing so would have won a grand prize including an all expense paid trip to the police station with jewelry included and free tour of a cell included . Package also includes tour of the courtroom with simulation of judge included.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I have always said, even back in the WPHOF days when they had top glass reflections, that they should simulate the ball hitting the glass. I once had a ball shatter the glass while playing The Simpsons Pinball. It would be kind of neat to have the glass breaking effect every once in a great while.

Krooze L-Roy

Aug 30, 2013
^Scary.

I've had the ball hit the glass pretty hard, but always figured "eh, they wouldn't have used glass that couldn't withstand that."

Tom

Sep 9, 2012
I have always said, even back in the WPHOF days when they had top glass reflections, that they should simulate the ball hitting the glass. I once had a ball shatter the glass while playing The Simpsons Pinball. It would be kind of neat to have the glass breaking effect every once in a great while.

Thats weird, pinball glass should be almost impossible to break using a regular pinball.

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
I have hit the glass a lot IRL playing MM. when the ball rolls over the trolls then they suddenly pop up. I always wondered if the glass weakens in that spot since it repeatedly gets hit in the same spot.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Be great if WH2O simulated the ball hitting the glass as it went down the rapids, just like real life.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts