• No! If not on Apple, then no one should have it

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Meh. I don't care either way.

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
I just became aware that the Season 3 Pass, which would only become purchasable by us PS3 holdouts mid/late March, has been REMOVED for everyone just because Apple doesn't like it. So instead of 30 bucks we're going to shell out 50 bucks.

This is like saying, sorry iOS and Android and PC users, since Sony won't allow updated DLC we will no longer be updating tables to keep tables consistent among platforms.

There's really no need to kill Season 3 passes on Android, PC and PSN (PS4/PS3/PS VITA) just because of some silly Apple policy.

Edit: there's a lengthy discussing in the general gaming forum here: http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/7361-Season-3-pack-removed-from-all-platforms! I don't read that forum as much as a PS3 owner.

Last edited:

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I would vote no as it was a bad business decision but I just voted meh as I can guarantee two things: first the season pass will return at the end of the season. Second the season passes will never be offered that early in a season again. No poll will change either of those facts.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
If you read the other thread, quite a number already have the S3 pass in their pocket. We, PSN users, were the first ones. Well BEFORE the iOS crowd. And we didn't get a chance to buy at all... So its good to make your voice heard, both when there's something awesome like the super patch as when there is something horrible, like shoving Apple policy down everyone else's throats.

The right way to have handled this were to yank the pass from Apples AppStore only, and give your support team a canned response explaining Apples policy and an email address for Apple customer service. That way you leave the issue confined to where it belongs.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
If you read the other thread, quite a number already have the S3 pass in their pocket. We, PSN users, were the first ones. Well BEFORE the iOS crowd. And we didn't get a chance to buy at all... So its good to make your voice heard, both when there's something awesome like the super patch as when there is something horrible, like shoving Apple policy down everyone else's throats.

The right way to have handled this were to yank the pass from Apples AppStore only, and give your support team a canned response explaining Apples policy and an email address for Apple customer service. That way you leave the issue confined to where it belongs.

We were the first ones to what?

tomwaits

Feb 8, 2014
PSN users should at least get a chance to buy the Season 3 pass for the first week/month. Other platforms could purchase a Season 3 pass for a couple of months before it was pulled. PSN gets delayed releases, buggy software, no more trophies, and now has to pay an extra $20 for season 3 day one purchases vs other platforms... why should PSN users support Farsight anymore?? If there's no Season 3 pass on PSN until spring 2015, my TPA ended at table pack # 20.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
I just put the poll on for a week or so, which should have been enough for those wanting to participate to put in their answer and not have it drag on and on and on.

I'd be OK with FS only offering the Season Pass for a limited time with a minimum of 2 weeks on PSN, to give us the chance to buy we never had due to the PS3 lagging heavily behind, and when the Season is over, offer a Season Pack with all 10 tables.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
We were the first ones to what?

I don't think Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection (or Gottlieb for that matter) was released for iOS, so sorry if I'm wrong, but if not we PS3 owners were loyal FS customers long before the Apple came into play. You'd think that earn us some leaway.

On the other hand, though, FS is working on the "after dark" version and Apple Legal might have talked to FS Legal about the dirty trick someone tried pulling (oh, I mean, innovative revenue-generating marketing) by "splitting up" a traditional TV show season in a "Season-before-winter-break" and a "Season-after-winter-break" and trying to make season-prepaid customers fork out the cash for another "season". It's not entirely impossible that a few customers might try to argue that the "after dark" tables are part of the "Season" instead of being its own spin-off series. Doesn't matter that this is easily debunkable, as 10 tables are planned for the season and 10 will (hopefully) be delivered, but any kind of legal proceedings are a PITA and drain resources that can be put to better use elsewhere.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Not everything in life is equal. Just because the PS3 buyers won't be able to buy the season 3 pass until the end of the season doesn't mean that FarSight "has no love" for the PS3 players.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I don't think Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection (or Gottlieb for that matter) was released for iOS, so sorry if I'm wrong, but if not we PS3 owners were loyal FS customers long before the Apple came into play. You'd think that earn us some leaway.

And now you know better. ;-)

tomwaits

Feb 8, 2014
With Fish Tales likely to appear on PSN this week it'll be interesting to see how many are buying on day one. Leaderboards should give an approximate indication of sales. Hopefully low sales will make them reconsider their decision...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts