Buying for multiplatform?

Deltaechoe

Aug 30, 2013
So I've decided that I want this game and many tables (I love to play multiple tables) but I was wondering, for each platform do you have to buy the tables again or do they transfer across some account so you only have to buy the packs once?

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
You have to buy it on each platform separately.
* Android
* iOS
* Mac OS X
* PS3
* Xbox360 (defunct for now)
* PC
* PS4

Yes, it'll be expensive - as it's around $110 for all the tables per platform right now for pro packs.

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
PS3 and Vita is cross-buy. And FS have hinted at the possibility of a discount on PS4 for those that own the other PS versions.

And on Android and iOS you can at least continue to play TPA on any new device you will buy in the future.

Deltaechoe

Aug 30, 2013
I guess I'll just wait until it comes out for pc then and play on that, the game doesn't play so well on my phone anyway. Zen for android seems much more polished

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
PS3 and Vita is cross-buy. And FS have hinted at the possibility of a discount on PS4 for those that own the other PS versions.

And on Android and iOS you can at least continue to play TPA on any new device you will buy in the future.

You can also play on concurrently owned android devices even though it is against FS EULA. I can play on my HTC phone and my nexus tablet with the same purchase. I can also play on two of my PS3s with the same purchase. That is also against Farsight's EULA but is allowed by Sony.

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
I guess I'll just wait until it comes out for pc then and play on that, the game doesn't play so well on my phone anyway. Zen for android seems much more polished
It should play well on HTC one. When was the last time you tried it? There has been a recent update that fixed performance issues. Also, get appkiller app so you can clear out the ram, it will run better.

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
I played android version of TotAN on PC via Bluestack - it was.. hmmm.. i wait more detailed textures and models on tables in normal PC release ))))

Deltaechoe

Aug 30, 2013
It should play well on HTC one. When was the last time you tried it? There has been a recent update that fixed performance issues. Also, get appkiller app so you can clear out the ram, it will run better.

It's not performance issues, the physics just feel odd and there are some slight clipping issues with the flippers that cause a very slight delay in moving the ball. It's like hitting the ball with a stick that has a softgel layer on it. Also the screen is kind of small and that results in somewhat wonky controls (touchscreen areas) so I was going to try it on my nexus 7 and see if there is any improvement

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
It's not performance issues, the physics just feel odd and there are some slight clipping issues with the flippers that cause a very slight delay in moving the ball. It's like hitting the ball with a stick that has a softgel layer on it. Also the screen is kind of small and that results in somewhat wonky controls (touchscreen areas) so I was going to try it on my nexus 7 and see if there is any improvement
hmm. it is amazing on nexus 7, download and demo it. you mention zen pinball, and you're new to TPA, well....... TPA physics are waaay different. Zen allows some unrealistic advantages to the flipper physics making it easy to control and grip the ball. TPA attempts to be more realistic.

Deltaechoe

Aug 30, 2013
So since I have ps plus I just got the core tables on my ps3, and damn, I'm rusty at pinball...the lovely true to life middle drains that are hard to come out of made me realize my nudging is pretty bad right now lol

Also,
Plays great on iPhone!
Never going to buy an iPhone, apple can kiss me where the sun don't shine (long story involving lawyers and phone unlocking)

Last edited:

Deltaechoe

Aug 30, 2013
hmm. it is amazing on nexus 7, download and demo it. you mention zen pinball, and you're new to TPA, well....... TPA physics are waaay different. Zen allows some unrealistic advantages to the flipper physics making it easy to control and grip the ball. TPA attempts to be more realistic.

My favorite thing about zen tables is the fact that front slam saves are SUPER easy, I can keep a ball going forever as long as I don't screw up and let it go down the middle which is hard anyway since the flippers are so close together on a lot of the tables. I used to be able to do that sometimes on real tables and it always made my friends go crazy when I popped the ball back into play saving it from draining down the outlanes. I haven't been able to do it on this game yet though...

Deltaechoe

Aug 30, 2013
Manliest move in pinball, friends always get mad when I do that when we're playing competitive against each other

But yeah, one of the videos that is suggested after the one you just posted has a guy who consistently hits both flippers simultaneously (total noob move) doing a front slam save on a zen table so it just goes to show that zen saves are WAY too easy

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.