Capacitive touch buttons for portrait view

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
I was going to get it until I realized that the Vita version is only games 1 & 2 and doesn't have the PSP games like the PS3 HD Collection had.

DrPinballs

Feb 15, 2014
PS3 had 2 collections, GoW 1+2 (like this one), and the Origins collection, which were the PSP games. And on top of that, the big Saga collection which included 5 games; the 4 previously collected, as well as GoW 3. If I'd known about the Origins collection ahead of time, I'd never have bought the PSP :/

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
UPDATE:
So I was out of town this whole past week in Colorado and these touch buttons have stayed stuck firmly to the screen the entire time, from checked baggage getting thrown around to my carry on getting tossed around. In and out of jacket and jeans pockets etc... not once has one of these things come off or even slid out of place.

However... One of the buttons did not survive a security check at the airport. I don't know what happened because I didn't notice it until we were well past security, but one of the buttons was missing from the button mechanism.
The button base, outer part was still firmly stuck in place on the vitas screen, but the actual button itself that you press down was gone. I don't know if they popped it out themselves, or if it was just some fluke, but it had vanished without a trace.

Thankfully the kit came with 3 buttons total so I'm still in business! And after bajillions of games played with them they are still working and sticking like champs.

So do you use the rear touch pad for nudging?

DrPinballs

Feb 15, 2014
I never did, but I started a few weeks ago, and the results were endless high scores and multitude of wizard trophies. It makes old tables especially much more tolerable, because the nudge counters the ridiculous out of bounds plays.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
CHEATER!

I'll start nudging as soon as someone at FS uses some common sense and gives us better control options.
I haven't actually even touched the game since you told me the TotAN wizard bug was still there. I've been using my screen buttons for Zen, but since they announced The walking Dead tables today I'm pretty bummed about Zen now too.

DrPinballs

Feb 15, 2014
I also regularly use the bounce back on Zen :cool: but I haven't nudged on it yet. Nudging is new to me, but yeah, it's simple to learn; once you've figured out the tables, you know when to use it.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
CHEATER!

I'll start nudging as soon as someone at FS uses some common sense and gives us better control options.
I haven't actually even touched the game since you told me the TotAN wizard bug was still there. I've been using my screen buttons for Zen, but since they announced The walking Dead tables today I'm pretty bummed about Zen now too.

You barely need to nudge on Zen. They do have the ideal portrait controls though.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Poor video quality and sound quality too. Maybe Farsight helped with the port?

Well I went ahead and got the God of War Collection. I guess I can see what they're talking about as far as video quality. It does look a little compressed, but not terrible. I don't get the sound quality issues. Maybe if I wore headphones...

That being said, it's still really good. The controls can be a little awkward with the rear touchpad as the action/interact button, but other than that it's really good. Plus, cross-buy with the PS3 HD versions.

I've come to the conclusion that people are either too picky, or just whiners.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.