Caps (still and video) of new CFTBL/BK tables (plus a bonus)

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to show us all of this, I've been waiting for a good game of CFTBL for a long time. Williams Pinball Classics (PC) 2001 to be exact, although I did enjoy Scapino's version on Visual Pinball 8.

img-7-1234546919.jpg

Visual Pinball 8 (PC)

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
Hm, while the VP8 version looks quite nice, the ramps are way too obstructive in my opinion - it's really hard to tell what's behind (or rather, below) them. They seem much more transparent on the TPA version.

However, the black and green flippers look much cooler than the boring yellow and red ones.

Oh, and thanks for the uploads :)

Last edited:

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
Wow, that game looks really good, especially for being over 11 years old!

And wow, those 90 degree angle flippers on War Pinball makes me wonder if the creators have ever seen a real pinball machine ;)

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Yeah, the flippers on War Pinball are downright terrible, which is a shame because the tables could be fun otherwise.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Wow, that game looks really good, especially for being over 11 years old!
Yes, I bought that game when it first came out, but lost the disc before I could get really into it. Thank God for TPA! Creature was my favorite table in that collection. TPA should also do Black Rose. Lost World wasn't that good though.

darkuni

Jul 26, 2012
Why not just put the pictures and videos in your posts like most people do?

Because they all automatically upload from my tablet to a nice Google+/Picasa album. And people appeared to be in a hurry to see them. Most forums also limit the number of pics in a post to 5 or less (not sure here - still new) and I had far more than that.

I could have inlined the video - I'll do that next time.

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
Yeah, the flippers on War Pinball are downright terrible, which is a shame because the tables could be fun otherwise.

I remember playing the wild west one, and the absurd angles made the ball fly off in completely different angles than I expected it to. It's so weird on such a fundamental level, reminds me a bit of those 2D shooters where your ships doesn't completely stop but keeps floating for a while after buttons presses... just getting the absolute basics wrong.

It really makes me appreciate how finely tuned most real life pinball machines are, with a good table using the full range of possible angles, and big targets or ramps in the "sweet spot".

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I remember playing the wild west one, and the absurd angles made the ball fly off in completely different angles than I expected it to. It's so weird on such a fundamental level, reminds me a bit of those 2D shooters where your ships doesn't completely stop but keeps floating for a while after buttons presses... just getting the absolute basics wrong.

It really makes me appreciate how finely tuned most real life pinball machines are, with a good table using the full range of possible angles, and big targets or ramps in the "sweet spot".

Agreed. I'm truly amazed that Gameprom's tables have so many good reviews in the App Store. Sure, they look good, but their flippers instantly ruin the experience.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.