catastrophic loss

budtki@verizon.net

Aug 20, 2012
i just got to thinking, i have the TPA on my PS3 system and it had just crossed my mind...what happens to my investment(the TPA and every available table) if my PS3 crashes? since they are all downloads(not discs) if my system was to fail and i had to purchase a new console would i loose them all? do i have to back the TPA up? and if so, how do i do that? or in such a case would a new system automatically reload the entire package?

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Don't worry, it's all saved on your PSN ID. When you buy a PSN game you get two "licenses" for it, so you can download it onto two consoles if you log in with your PSN ID. You can even revoke licenses from one console if worst comes to worst and you somehow lose two PS3s.

You used to be able to download five copies, but then Sony realised that people were just chipping in with their friends to get video games for 20% of the price!

You'd lose any save data, but that would be all.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
If you're a PS Plus member, then enable auto upload for TPA cloud storage and then you could download your save to the new console.

Some game saves can be saved to a USB drive. That's a manual save but before the Plus auto saves were added to the PS3 I used to manually save my game saves once a month.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I had two PS3s and one (my launch 60 GB) died on me. Since I had already licensed things for both PS3s, I wouldn't be able to download it to a new machine, right? Wrong, Sony has a tool online that allows you to unlicense a machine, so I was able to nuke my dead PS3 and license the new one. Handy, huh?

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Are you listening, Nintendo? If my 3DS, which I carry around with my everywhere, gets stolen, my download library worth £100s is completely gone. And you're going to shrug your shoulders at me.

To be fair you probably aren't listening. You probably don't hang out on this forum...

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts