Centaur/Pin*Bot Gameplay

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
I just meant the general speed and shot positions on flippers.

I'd never compare a real machine to a virtual one score-wise, its an unfair comparison.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
pin*bot lock shots are very easy to hit IRL :)

i realllllllllly hope this version is not as outrageously unfair as the PHOF:Williams Collection version. like 2 out of every 3 balls would drain before reaching the flippers on that jerk table.

The iOS version is set up very nicely. I think you'll find it fair.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
The iOS version is set up very nicely. I think you'll find it fair.

I agree. It's very fair. I hated the PHOF version. It's not often I just stop playing a machine, but that was one of 'em. This time tho', my hate goes to TPA FP.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
I agree. It's very fair. I hated the PHOF version. It's not often I just stop playing a machine, but that was one of 'em. This time tho', my hate goes to TPA FP.

Hmmm... not liking what I'm hearing about this table. Hope FS can sort it out soon.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Hmmm... not liking what I'm hearing about this table. Hope FS can sort it out soon.

What are you referring to exactly? The TPA version of Pin•Bot plays very close to the way the real world table plays, unlike the PHOF version.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012

When I say "fair", I'm not saying this version is just "ok". I'm saying that the machine isn't trying to kick you off of it the moment you start playing. Or is that why you don't like what you're hearing?

Last edited:

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
What are you referring to exactly? The TPA version of Pin•Bot plays very close to the way the real world table plays, unlike the PHOF version.

I was referring to the negative comments I've read on the forum regarding Firepower (as in Fungi's post), not Pin•Bot. Seems that the auto abbreviations are causing some confusion.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I was referring to the negative comments I've read on the forum regarding Firepower (as in Fungi's post), not Pin•Bot. Seems that the auto abbreviations are causing some confusion.

Sorry, my mistake. Fungi's post was mostly about Pin•Bot and only referenced Firepower towards the end, so I assumed you were referring to Pin•Bot as well.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
Sorry, my mistake. Fungi's post was mostly about Pin•Bot and only referenced Firepower towards the end, so I thought you were talking about Pin•Bot as well.

Apologies for any confusion. I should have trimmed the quote.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
The iOS version doesn't have the fancy lighting effects, but I can tell you both new tables are looking very nice.
What's the depth perception like on the iOS version of Centaur? I'm concerned about the monochromatic artwork on Centaur clashing without fancy shadows and such, making hard to distinguish where the ball is (for instance).

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
What's the depth perception like on the iOS version of Centaur? I'm concerned about the monochromatic artwork on Centaur clashing without fancy shadows and such, making hard to distinguish where the ball is (for instance).

Works fine. They had it too bright at an earlier build, but they toned up the contrast and its a perfect balance between visibility of the gameplay and being able to appreciate details on the artwork

Thnikkaman

Sep 28, 2012
Can't wait for Pin*Bot! In anticipation of it, I pulled Bride out last night after ages of not playing and successfully scored my first (well, actually 2nd, but the goal didn't register last time) billion point shot! That felt good.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I've been playing the ipad beta with the normal ball and have had no problems with it blending in.

That may be so, but I love playing Centaur with the Happy Face ball for the same reason I love using it with Gorgar.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
I've been playing the ipad beta with the normal ball and have had no problems with it blending in.

I was thinking of the PS3 version, I just realized I never mentioned that. The PS3 version is a little different I think (at least it is from Android), the ball is much more reflective so it blends in more. I tend to use one of the bright ball skins on every table - either the zebra pattern, the bright green, or the the smiley face.

Actually I was also using the ST Borg ball on Central Park and that was nice too. That ball is mainly silver but the graphics cancel out the reflections to an extent.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts