Chat Lobby and Spectators

Terminator

Feb 8, 2014
Just thinking it would be really cool to have the ability for players across all platforms to spectate other people playing a game of pinball, even better to add chat function within the spectator menu.

I play online pool now and again (flyordie 8-ball pool) and they have this function. Could it work with TBA?

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Just thinking it would be really cool to have the ability for players across all platforms to spectate other people playing a game of pinball, even better to add chat function within the spectator menu.

I play online pool now and again (flyordie 8-ball pool) and they have this function. Could it work with TBA?

Twitch offers this now for PC users. There are plenty of twitchers broadcasting as they play. Some with commentary, if that's your thing...

Terminator

Feb 8, 2014
I think what FS need to do is integrate the twitch interface within the iOS app, game loft have done this with their iOS racer. You can capture races, etc..

N

netizen

It won't matter what app FS hooks into TPA. When it comes to mobiles there is a technical limit to what can be done at the same time, and Playing, Encoding, and Streaming all at the same time will be beyond the ability of most devices presently available.

There has to be a screen recording app for iOS just like there is for droid. Then you can record your TPA session, up to the size of your internal storage at least, and you could upload that to Twitch or whichever online hosting site you choose.

Why is it incumbent on FS to include these 3rd party application partnerships on their dime?

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
you don't need to encode you just need to create a "replay" with enough info for the remote computer to replicate the game. Or will the physics routine not allow this?

N

netizen

you don't need to encode you just need to create a "replay" with enough info for the remote computer to replicate the game. Or will the physics routine not allow this?

Pretty sure the physics routine cannot do this. IIRC Mike, or Ryan, said that the physics engine doesn't log the game events like ball position. IDK if there is even a way to determine the order in which switches were hit when FS does their debugging, or on a real pinball machine for that matter.

So, I would have to say that the "replay" option is impossible.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts