Cheapest PC Specs For Best DX11 TPA Performance?

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
I am seriously considering building a mini cab and I'd really like to run the DX11 version of TPA on it.

My laptop is what I currently use to play DX11 TPA and it's a mid-range Lenovo. I can mostly run TPA at full speed but I get framedrops and screen-tearing on my external monitor (using it vertically).

I'd really like a locked 60fps at the highest reasonable resolution for the mini cab and I'm wondering what I'd be looking for since I've never built a PC.

Does Stern Pinball Arcade have similar requirements?

While on the subject, what are the current best unofficial methods for cabinet support? I'm especially interested in better camera angles and routing the DMD to a smaller second LCD.

I suppose an alternative option is to use a tablet, but my main problem with that is the inconsistent performance TPA, Zen and SPA all have on Android. My iPad Air 2 runs all three apps flawlessly but then I have no controller support. Well, TPA has iCade support but I swear there is input delay on my modded iCade and the other two apps don't support it, anyway.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
core i3
1050ti
8gig of ram
a decent mobo

shop around, read reviews as for as the computing parts go budget about 400-500, its pinball

there are much cheaper options but you seem to want hassle free just works style....unless ya really wanna shave down to the edge thats anokay budget setup

Last edited:

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
core i3
1050ti
8gig of ram
a decent mobo

shop around, read reviews as for as the computing parts go budget about 400-500, its pinball

there are much cheaper options but you seem to want hassle free just works style....unless ya really wanna shave down to the edge thats anokay budget setup

I'm curious about the cheaper options.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
If you want go cheaper consider buying used high end parts from last generation on ebay. Old gamer pc or sth.
If you go cheaper with new stuff you won't have a flawless experience.
What heretic suggested is just right with a little of safety for the future.
Personally I would have recommended an i5 CPU

If you have a cab you will at one point want to test VP, which needs a little more beef.
Also zen is talking about updating their engine.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.