Cheaterscores and ShortSight

Dizzer2012

Banned
Oct 1, 2015
What a combination. Sent them email about the 4 super obvious cheater scores the past 2 weeks. What do they do? They delete only 2 of them. So i sent them again an email that not all have been removed.

What response do i get?

"These 2 scores are not fake but the first two are and have been removed."

I'm talking about White Water and Twilight Zone.

Twilight Zone: 6,597,069,767,064,425,472
White Water: 1,605,407,926,394,244,352

With one day in between and I have to explain to the one reading those emails at Farsight why these scores are not possible? Because it's not the first time i get completely retareded reactions on multiple emails about multiple subjects i was wondering if i'm the only one who feels like he's communicating with complete imbeciles?

Don't know if they ever gonna remove it, nor do i care, because everybody with more intelligence then a gorilla know's they are fake anyway.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
My guess based on experience up until now, is that the security and maintenance of the leaderboards is not top priority for Farsight. They try to keep up but hacks and glitches (scores that somehow get from one table to the leaderboard of another) still happen. I would love to see more secure leaderboards, because cheated scores take out a lot of the fun of competing. I'm most concerned with hacks that could be possible scores, because the obvious ones are easy to spot. And while on this subject: the HOF leaderboard has now 16 bogus scores above Toolinit's legit 68.277. And I highly suspect that the 57.000 by "Wollesch" just below me is bogus too: for one it's a bit too rounded for my taste, and 2. it has been there for an eternity, probably an early hack when Toolinit was still below 50.000. So when I want to show off to friends, I now have to say, "well ít looks like I'm only at place 18, but that is because all those other scores are bogus, I'm actually at second", yeah right.....

I have to say I experience contact with Farsight differently, I think the employees who are active on these forums are nice guys who are articulate and willing, and that extends to PM conversations I had also. The main problem is priority and probably therefore limited resources to address these issues often and quickly. Communication has been somewhat of a sore point in the past and has improved quite a bit. But it's not there yet.....calling them imbeciles won't help either probably, so you may want to rethink that stance a bit?

Dizzer2012

Banned
Oct 1, 2015
I know it sounds a bit hard. But u don't know what other conversations i'm talking about, it's always reactions that makes me think this way. If it happens once or twice ok but communicating with the person whoever it is with the emails is not right in the head. I think calling these super obvious fake scores 'not fake' makes the comparison with an imbecile acceptable. You are right about the employees here on the forum, they seem normal. But the one giving reactions to the emails... not so. I wish i had saved all the communications i had in the past so u would know what i'm talking about. But then again, i know i'm one of the few people who just speaks his mind and i don't care if u get so offended easily, Slam. Your Political correctness is so typical Dutch. I'm not like that. I love the honest way. If this allready goes to far, then mr or mrs admin will let me know.

Anybody who thinks the 2 scores i'm talking about are "not fake" is an imbecile to me.

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
Game developers not knowing 'how to play' their own game isn't new, but something as obvious as the Big Shot leaderboard: 87,704,452 got deleted but 87,703,451 doesn't? Embarrassing.

Wait till a release day and watch the android reviews section to see how resposive they can be to issues. Maybe them figuring out why people keep losing access to their tables every update is higher on their list than leaderboards.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
What is and what isnt a high score can sometimes be subjective i find. Sometimes id look at the top 5-10 and think android taking the piss rainmen! other times any well seasoned player can proove the scores mathmatically wrong or just plain nutso.

Id suggest maybe a monthly thread ofthe top 20 greatest offenders thread and have the community prove or disprove them in a constructive way. that way maybe the company will better grasp on whats real and what isnt.

And while this isnt ideal remember we are playing a game for "fun" heh, those that care can easily disreguard the offical leaderboards and uses invitros dbase which is probably curated to within an inch of its life!

Im not making excuses but after 4 years ive learned to accept broken boards! i want top 20 in doctor who so see you guys there.

also wee note to the cheaters...stillinjecting fake scores after 4 years lads? how small your world must be!

maybe farsight should have a small group of highlevel players on a mailing list were they can vote for legit scores and let the community decide.

Dizzer2012

Banned
Oct 1, 2015
Game developers not knowing 'how to play' their own game isn't new, but something as obvious as the Big Shot leaderboard: 87,704,452 got deleted but 87,703,451 doesn't? Embarrassing.

Would like to know more about that. Just take a look at the rest and there are still enough obvious fake scores... It can't have something to do with 'priorities'. Removing a couple of scores takes less time then reading emails.

What is and what isnt a high score can sometimes be subjective i find.

Ofcourse. In all those cases, leave it be. No judging, nothing. When u don't know u just don't know. But when there can be absolutely zero doubt because it doesn't even end on a 0 then it must be deleted.

how small your world must be!

I'm so clueless why people feel the need to cheat. The only thing i can think of, they need to compensate for 'something' very small indeed.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
I know it sounds a bit hard. But u don't know what other conversations i'm talking about, it's always reactions that makes me think this way. If it happens once or twice ok but communicating with the person whoever it is with the emails is not right in the head. I think calling these super obvious fake scores 'not fake' makes the comparison with an imbecile acceptable. You are right about the employees here on the forum, they seem normal. But the one giving reactions to the emails... not so. I wish i had saved all the communications i had in the past so u would know what i'm talking about. But then again, i know i'm one of the few people who just speaks his mind and i don't care if u get so offended easily, Slam. Your Political correctness is so typical Dutch. I'm not like that. I love the honest way. If this allready goes to far, then mr or mrs admin will let me know.

Anybody who thinks the 2 scores i'm talking about are "not fake" is an imbecile to me.

:) you may be right about my PC, I'll see a therapist for that. But I still think there is a difference between being honest and being offensive. But hey, it's just my opinion man, feel free to disregard it! No hard feelings here. And I'm with you on the central point of your message: let's have some real leaderboards. In the mean time I'll be following Heretic's advice and visit Invitro's/Relaxation's thread.

Dizzer2012

Banned
Oct 1, 2015
Don't bother feeding the troll.

"In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion,[3] often for their own amusement."

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Your Political correctness is so typical Dutch.

Wow, I must know Dutch people from a parallel universe. PC is not exactly what I would describe as a main characteristic to them. Not that they are unpolite, but I think they are pretty outspoken. And I don't mean this in any offensive way.

To get back to topic: As long as it's obviously quite easy to upload fake scores into the database, the leader boards have absolutely zero meaning for me. Not that I am anywhere close to really outstanding players.

But I agree, if FarSight offers leader boards, they should at least have some basic checks about the scores submitted. But the list of issues is long and priorities are different for everyone. Some people care about menu music, some about leader boards, some about head to head mode - the list is endless... and there are just not enough people tackling all of the issues.

Dizzer2012

Banned
Oct 1, 2015
I'm Dutch, so i can know. If somebody wants to play good teacher (more then 1 time) because i say things the way i like to say it i call that political correctness. Anyway, ontopic would be a good idea. Somebody gets the meaning? If they got other priorities that's fine by me. But if the person i get email from tells me some scores are not fake that even a 5 yr old kid could tell are fake i get a little bit irritated. And as i told before, it happened so many times i get very VERY strange reactions (i wished i saved them all i'm not kidding) and was wondering if other people got the same experience. That's the meaning. The cheater scores have been removed since i started this topic.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Wait till a release day and watch the android reviews section to see how resposive they can be to issues. Maybe them figuring out why people keep losing access to their tables every update is higher on their list than leaderboards.

If they actually did any pre release testing on the Android build it'd save them having to spend a week fixing issues. The last release (EBD) was a joke. Not only was the latest table broken on most game restarts, but more than half of the other tables didn't work either.
Did they even fire up the game on Android before release?

At least the performance issues (animation lag) is fixed for LP upwards devices. That only took 18 months with no acceptance or acknowledgement.

SethAB

Dec 26, 2015
Anyway, he didn't call them retarded or imbeciles, he said he felt like he was dealing with imbeciles and that their responses were retarded. Plus, he did so in an incredulous manner, like he actually thinks they're smart and these emails might be anomalies.

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

Members online

Members online