Checked out Wizard Of Oz by Jersey Jack today *pics*

pseudokings

Jun 10, 2012
It astonishes me how much the theme seems to mean to some people. I hate the music in Fish Tales, and it's still in my top 10 tables I'd love to own. I hate country music, but I'd be all for Road Show eventually making it to TPA (no rush, but eventually). I'm not a big fan of WoZ the movie, but I think the execution of the pin by JJP looks amazing. To me, how well done the table is is a hell of a lot more important than the theme. There are a few themes that are/would be a true turn-off, but something as classic and benign as WoZ seems impossible to hate to the degree some seem to.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
...I would buy it in a heartbeat if I suddenly became a millionaire. I understand that it have to be more expensive than the Stern ones and I think the competition will sharpen up old man Stern but how many can afford this beauty I wonder. Is it enough to sell 1000 units to keep the company alive? If so, Hats off to Jersey Jack. Anyway, will be very interesting to see what they can do with the Hobbit.

It actually doesn't cost more than the newer Stern tables though. WoZ was $6500 for those that pre-ordered (although I've read that it has already increased in value $500). Compare that to $8000 for the new Avengers table from Stern and that table looks like it doesn't have 1/4 the quality WoZ does.

The Hobbit table will be $7500 for those of us that pre-ordered, so it is a little more, but I imagine that it will be even more impressive than WoZ!

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
I also hate the theme. I can't imagine listening to the music and sound effects from this table for hours on end. Extremely annoying.
The story in and of itself is okay. Especially the end where they learn the wizzard's a phoney, that they didn't need him anyway, and that there's no place like home.
There's flying monkeys, a wicked witch, a yellow brick road... all fair enough.

It's the "somewhere over the rainbow" multiball I'm dreading. You're right about the music.

Punisher

Jan 5, 2013
Holy dear god, a table that doesn't use a dot matrix display, but an actual MONITOR? Geez, all these features of this game are like... revolutionary! I'd totally give this one a shot.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Here is another very positive hands-on review from on location play in the UK.

...Im an avid Pinball enthusiast having owned and own many bally /
williams classics as well as a few of the new stern machines. I have
to say the two tables on loan to Phil blew me away and exceeded my
high expectations in all aspects, build quality, design, layout and I
guess most importantly playability! A sentiment I might add which
echoed from everyone else I spoke to. Those RGB leds's WOW!!!

The pin truly truly impressed me! A world away from what is on offer
at the moment and a much needed kick up the arse for pinball! I now
need to get saving my pennies! I WANT one!

I wish you and your company all the best for a prosperous future,
keeping making tables like this and you cant fail.

All the best from the UK

David

Rubicant

Dec 21, 2012
As far as the theme getting annoying, you can always ask your favorite operator to turn the sound down..or wait for a rom update that had the option to turn off that sound.

Hackcell

Dec 26, 2012
I don't like the theme, however I can not deny the machine bring several fresh ideas. I think if the machine turns out a hit, Stern will call the big guns to create a more amusing game, and Jack will do the same and so on... At the end, two companies creating pinball machines will be good us, the players / customers / fans.

Butterkins

Apr 6, 2012
But dont like the theme at all. Dont like the miniplayfields and rest of lay out. Generally i dont like the gameplay what ive seen so far. Off course, we have yet to see modes and rest of code, but ok, i am not impressed about gameplay so far.

I'm not interested in the theme at all.

But... the art direction looks good. And they look as though they care about design.

Compare to Stern's recent offerings: XMen, Avengers, Rolling Stones, Transformers, ACDC. YUCK.

IMO, these are very ordinary machines, in terms of art direction and design. They look as though they've been attacked by Photoshop.

Give me real illustration skills and less-is-more design philosophy any day!

And some spanisch dudes building a captain nemo pin.

Table art looks good. Backglass/promo art looks a bit tragic.

atlantis1982

Nov 23, 2012
There's one thing I do not like with this table, and that is the full motion videos instead of a DMD. Just something about it feels corny, and much like those modern video slot machines, especially licensed theme ones, that I feel to embarrassed to play. Other wise, looks like a fun table to play.

noneed4me2

Feb 2, 2013
Everything in have read screams quality, and I would never be ashamed of playing such an awesome looking table. In the end if I enjoy playing it the theme is secondary. While I am not a big WOZ fan I love how the well the theme was implemented on the play field and the choice of toys looks well thought out and only enhancements the table. Its obvious that JJ loves pinball a lot, which brings his passion to the design and artwork direction.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
I'm pretty sure that's the original arcade version.

PC Engine version is pretty sweet though. Was close to buying it recently, but then I got out of the "classic games groove" for a while.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.