Request Comet: Love it or leave it?

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Leave it. Too similar to Cyclone and Hurricane and TPA desperately needs more pre-1986 WMS tables. And if they do another, I would prefer one that isn't similar to tables already in TPA.

BStarfire

Jan 9, 2013
Comet was one of my favorites back in the day and one I hoped to see in TPA when it first came out. However, with the existence of Cyclone and Hurricane it seems harder to justify since there seems to be fewer slots for non-DMD games.

I would certainly welcome it, but in terms of older games I would rather see some classic 70's Gottliebs instead.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
My vote is: love it! FarSight will inevitably leave it.

We can't even get Sorcerer in TPA, even though we already got it in PHoF. Comet had some fun gameplay, but I can see how newer players would be put off by the sparse playfield.

I enjoyed both tables back in the day, I would love to have them both in TPA, but don't think it will happen.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I don't expect to see it. It looks and plays too much like an EM for it to show up in TPA in my opinion. EMs are rare around here. Plus I don't know how well it would translate in digital form. Could be a snooze.
Personally, it's one of my favorites. It's one of those pins I'd love to own. Simple fun pin.

AJ Boomer

Jan 7, 2017
Leave it. Too similar to Cyclone and Hurricane and TPA desperately needs more pre-1986 WMS tables. And if they do another, I would prefer one that isn't similar to tables already in TPA.

It's not really similar to Cyclone nor Hurricane by a long shot as it is much simpler in gameplay than the latter two. Plus, it has some features the latter two don't have (like the corkscrew ramp, cycle jump hoops, and the inverted outlane and inlane on the left side). And technically because of the year 1-9-8-6 is displayed on the back rollovers, many people think it's from 1986 while in reality, it was NOT! It was actually released June 1985. It is a common mistake people make on what year it was released! Why put 1-9-8-6 on the rollovers? Your guess is as good as mine.

Last edited:

karl

May 10, 2012
I would have to say leave it.

All pinball (included this one) is welcome at my door, but there are so many others I would love to see before this one.

If we are talking season 10, bring it on. But I can not justify the need for it right now, when there are so many others I would love to see before it.

Even this one, at the bottom of the williams barrel, would be better than another premier though ;)

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
Same thoughts as Karl. If it was looking like many more seasons, fine. But if we only get he one more season then would rather see other tables.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.