Compare Scores with Friends?

elgrayso

Dec 7, 2014
Hi,
I have Pinball Arcade for my iPad. My friend plays it also, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to see eachothers scores! The closest I got was using the "Game Center" on the iPad and seeing how many "points" we have from completing random table tasks. I'm not really interested in comparing these abstract "Game Center" points. I wanna compare the actual table scores like any pinball player does! :p

This software has been out for years now, surely there is a way to compare scores?

I'm hoping there is something incredibly simple I am just missing :)

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
Take screenshot of end score screen, email it to friend?

Or just message them "AFM 12,434,333. Top that Bob!"

elgrayso

Dec 7, 2014
im stunned that there is no way to see your friends scores!
how is this not the first feature implemented in a modern digital pinball game...

theres no way i could get all my friends to start emailing eachother screenshots everytime someone thinks they have a highscore. then you'd have to put together an excel spreadsheet to keep track of it all or have to sort through all your past emails to compare your score against a friends previous record.

we are already friends on game center and it even tells me what "tasks" or whatever they have completed for the tables..... just tell me their scores while youre at it lolwe are already friends on game center and it even tells me what "tasks" or whatever they have completed for the tables..... just tell me their scores while youre at it lol

thats pretty frustrating

Armin Ruoff

May 30, 2013
Welcome to the world of Pinball Arcade ;)
In all the years they never managed to implement a working highscore list in any version I know (I play iOS and Steam). Some of my friends already stopped playing because of this years ago. Comparing High Scores with friends is one of the major things in pinball.
Would be great if my own scores and the ones from my friends would be tracked in the local list, so I can see them right on the table. Cross Plattform of course, always thought that's what we have the Farsight account for. That would add so much fun to PBA. But I guess it will never happen :(

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
That's a really great request. My friend Shawn and I (wicked pinhead) are sometimes involved in a little friendly competition but comparing HOF points doesn't really mean much. I agree, it would be nice if you could "follow" your friends on TPA.

elgrayso

Dec 7, 2014
what is the reason they would not have this? Is there something in the way iOS applications are built that don't allow sharing things like scores?
I can compare the pointless (no pun intended) Game Center scores, but those are meaningless to me.

Do other games not let you compare scores either? I'm not much of an iPad gamer so I don't know. (Any pinball iOS games let you do this?)

I do know that I would buy a ton of tables and convince a lot of friends to play this game, but only if we can compare scores! Trying to beat my own scores is much less fun.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts