Controllers? Keyboard? Configurable?

LMA

Jun 14, 2013
I've managed to configure my Madcatz Street Fight IV arcade stick
But I can't assign a start button to it. It lets me assign it in the options but when I try use it in the table select it wont work. if I try using A button which I've set to left flipper it moves the table select up instead of start table.

I already have Xpadder so will try that see if I can get a start button configured.

Freelance

Feb 28, 2012
If you use something like "joy2key" it's a different story, of course, since you're mapping dinput commands to ascii keyboard mappings. I'm also weary though, if this introduces lag (?)

I'm actually using JoyToKey for my Logitech DirectInput Dual Action controller and it works very well. No lag at all for me. I can't wait til Directinput control gets added to the game though. I believe a Dev mentioned it.

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
360 controller- nudge split across both joysticks?

I installed TPA on Steam last night. I am using an XBOX 360 controlller. Is there any way to set it up so the left joystick can be used for nudge from the left, and at the same time have the right joystick mapped to be nudge from the right? (That's closer to a real pinball table, I feel.)

When I am doing controller setup I have only been able to set it up so that one joystick is used for all 4 nudge directions. Am I doing something wrong?

If it's not possible within TPA itself, can I override this with outside software?

Roo

Jul 5, 2013
I installed TPA on Steam last night. I am using an XBOX 360 controlller. Is there any way to set it up so the left joystick can be used for nudge from the left, and at the same time have the right joystick mapped to be nudge from the right? (That's closer to a real pinball table, I feel.)

When I am doing controller setup I have only been able to set it up so that one joystick is used for all 4 nudge directions. Am I doing something wrong?

If it's not possible within TPA itself, can I override this with outside software?

That's a good idea, actually. Maybe a program like Joy2Key would let you map both of the sticks to the axes used by the left stick? If that worked you could just use the left for right and the right for left, even though they'd both work for both.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
basic question: If I want to use my Wireless Xbox controller with my laptop for PA, I take it I need a wireless receiver plugged in via USB? Or do I just buy a new wired controller?

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
basic question: If I want to use my Wireless Xbox controller with my laptop for PA, I take it I need a wireless receiver plugged in via USB? Or do I just buy a new wired controller?

I use an "Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows" from Microsoft. Here is Microsoft's site for it (but I bought it from another place) which says it works with both Windows PCs and with Xbox 360:
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/p/xbox-360-wireless-controller-for-windows

The receiver is plugged into USB, and the Xbox for Windows controller wirelessly transtmits to the receiver. I find it works well with TPA on my Windows 7 PC.

Last edited:

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
I just used a wireless 360 controller the other day with the wireless receiver, so you definitely have that option. Don't know how easy they are to find nowadays, but they definitely work.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.