Current mobile tournament

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
There is a moo on these boards but he is not the same person as the one on Facebook so go easy on that guy if you come across him.

Eaton Beaver

Jan 25, 2014
Yeah I don't know for sure the only thing Moo on Facebook mentioned to me was 1.2 Billion was the high score on Black Rose in the Gold Tournament.

Buzz1126

Dec 27, 2013
This is my second tournament. I made it to the silver level from the last one. Since I only have the last tourney to compare to, take what I say with a grain or two of salt:
1.) I don't care for a couple of tables in the tourney. Maybe it's because I suck at them, I don't know. Cactus Canyon's side lanes can give Linda Lovelace a run for her money. And the pistols near the flippers block the view of any ball that goes near them.
2.) I like the time limit. I actually got to the end a couple of times.
3.) There's a player that is pretty much in the top ten of every table. I have no delusions of grandure, but if he's THAT good, he should hit the pinball circuit. He could make a killing.
4.).I made it to the end of Scared Stiff's Stiff-O-Meter. I thought I broke it. In one game of BOPB, I got to the Transformations level three times in one ball, but hit the Billionaires Club once. Once.
5.) Can anyone relate to this...scoring over 3 billion points, but not cracking the top 30?

There's always gonna be something someone doesn't like no matter what FarSight does. I'll keep playing.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I'm having issues with the Backdoor Billion on BoP. I thought you just needed to do 10 loops in a row but that doesn't register. It seems once I achieve a loop combo award it resets and you have to loop for the next reward. So I got a 4,5,6,7, and almost an 8 loop combo and at that point I had hit like 30 loops in a row! I just said screw it at that point. I will just go for the old style but looping is a good way to get plenty of millions racked up.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I believe 49. Which is why at 30"-something when I had a ball that rolled back and sdtm I gave up. Too much pressure.

Eaton Beaver

Jan 25, 2014
Well I was in the Bronze Tournament for the second month in a row and finished 145 out of 1175 players. I plan to keep practicing and work on higher scores. I have all the tables now just need to set aside more time to play the app more often. ;)

Granny

Oct 16, 2013
Just wondering-- why don't I have an all-time rank? I finished the gold level tourney #26 and even had the high score on Black Rose. I finished the silver tourney last time #10 I think. How does the all-time rank work?

inspector42

May 27, 2012
I'm pretty sure the all time rank is updating point totals but not standings. If you weren't in the first all time ranking you might not show up. I've emailed them about this and haven't heard back.

Buzz1126

Dec 27, 2013
e4uru4y3.jpg

Ok well that settles it then I no longer trust any of this guys scores. Lets see what they do about this one.

Now that the tourney is over, I've got to ask...how did this MOO guy do that? I'm barely computer-literate enough to print so I couldn't copy it, but come on, 65 kagillion points? Copy and paste? Bot (robot I'm guessin')? But if you're THAT good in pinball, hit the circuit and become a wizard. If it's software, go get a job. The NSA might be hiring. All you've done is equate your name with other dumbasses and provided the rest of us with a punch-line. You have given the true geek a bad name, those that still live at home because they're about to make a major break-thru in the real world versus the pimply-faced, one-handed-typing, never-seen-or-touched-a-real-breasted, D20 throwing mamma's boy who lost his virginity to a tube of hand lotion and his sisters bra.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
simply a case of injecting the score, its not smart clever or funny really, even the brain dead can do it which is why so many do.

and theres nothing wrong with dnd lmao

dont let those weirdos bother you much buzz, theyll make you loose faith in the human race heh

we call thems script kiddies, tho in this case it doesnt even requiring as scriot at all its so easy.

with a small amount of experience itse wsh to tell whos above board etc so we just need suffer the fools

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I firmly believe getting more robust SSO and OAuth mechanisms into the TPA leaderboard system would stamp out this type of hacking. It would be easy to trace back who the culprit was and permanently ban their user account. Speaking as an Android user (and I'm sure it's the case with an Apple ID as well) getting your user account banned just for being a tool with hacking apps would surely be a deterrent to this behavior, or at least make some of these script kiddies think twice about doing it again.

EDIT: If you want this behavior to change, start emailing support@pinballarcade.com and add weight to the argument for your platform.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Now that the tourney is over, I've got to ask...how did this MOO guy do that? I'm barely computer-literate enough to print so I couldn't copy it, but come on, 65 kagillion points? Copy and paste? Bot (robot I'm guessin')? But if you're THAT good in pinball, hit the circuit and become a wizard. If it's software, go get a job. The NSA might be hiring. All you've done is equate your name with other dumbasses and provided the rest of us with a punch-line. You have given the true geek a bad name, those that still live at home because they're about to make a major break-thru in the real world versus the pimply-faced, one-handed-typing, never-seen-or-touched-a-real-breasted, D20 throwing mamma's boy who lost his virginity to a tube of hand lotion and his sisters bra.

I don't know the answer either but it's best not to ask the question. It's kind of frowned upon to discuss it further. I will say this...it does call in to question any of the scores out there. I don't know who the "Moo" is on the tournament leaderboard but I think he was trying to make an example of the tournament and probably embarrass Farsight to an extent. It's not like the score was kept discreet it was meant to bring attention to itself.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Does anyone have any idea of how these false scores are getting posted? I have three ways, and I can fix one of them but if there is any buzz out there of how people are actually doing this I can plug the holes quicker :)

Eh. Hard to get too motivated for a tournament when FarSight is still allowing false scores to propel people to first place. Especially after their support stops responding to emails after claiming it will be fixed.

But I do think 8 tables is too much, and 2 weeks is too long. I'd really prefer a true timed tournament. 20 minutes total. After that score is posted you don't get another. That would be a better test of skill.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
All time ranking works just like a regular table scoring, which is the following:

#1 in the tournament = 100 points

#2 = 90

#3 = 85

#4 to N number of players is interpolated evenly between 84.999 to 1,

which breaks down to the following if you are curious:

(85 - (The Players Rank - 3) X (84/(Number of Users in Tournament - 3))

Then we multiply the result of that number between 1 and 100 by their tier. 1, 2, or 3. So people in gold get a lot more points. These are accumulated over time with multiple tournaments.

Also, does anyone know how all time rank is calculated? Seems like a big point difference between finishing 1st and 2nd when the scores are updated, but I'm curious exactly how the calculations work.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
yup thats it. for the steam version I coded a way to encrypt the parameter payload to prevent this, I plan on rolling this out to every platform asap.

simply a case of injecting the score, its not smart clever or funny really, even the brain dead can do it which is why so many do.

and theres nothing wrong with dnd lmao

dont let those weirdos bother you much buzz, theyll make you loose faith in the human race heh

we call thems script kiddies, tho in this case it doesnt even requiring as scriot at all its so easy.

with a small amount of experience itse wsh to tell whos above board etc so we just need suffer the fools

Dylan_h

Mar 15, 2012
yup thats it. for the steam version I coded a way to encrypt the parameter payload to prevent this, I plan on rolling this out to every platform asap.

Nice to see this will be fixed soon Ryan :) The tournaments keep me coming back to the game but I was kind of losing faith that the tournament leaderboards weren't 100% legit.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.