Custom Ball Packs worth buying?

tomwaits

Feb 8, 2014
Since most of the custom ball packs will probably disappear at the end of June, are there any standouts that are recommended? I don't want anything that invalidates leaderboards or wizard goals, but if there are some standout custom balls in the packs then I may grab them before they're delisted. Or, are the Glo-Balls just more practical than anything in the earlier packs?

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
I have the season 1 and 2 ball packs and I enjoy having them, but they are not essential in any way. The only one that adds functionally to the game is the Addams Family ball that you can steer around the playfield. That said, there are some really nice looking balls in the season 1 and 2 packs (Firepower, Taxi to name two off the top of my head) and it's fun to have the option to switch them out.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
I only use the Glo-balls. Everything else turns invisible to me.

Same. Use the glo-balls in place of the silver ball all the time.

Only other pinballs that are worth trying would probably be the Addams Family one where you can manually control the ball. Think maybe Dr Who has one you can do that with as well but not 100% sure.

Other than that though I find the other balls tend to blend in with the table making it hard to follow. So I don't use them.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
Glo-balls are the only ones worth buying IMO. They work great when you turn the brightness down on the table.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Some of them are fun. The glowing show up great. The eyeball is funny. But if it come down to some ball skins or a season, buy the season.

strells

Oct 7, 2014
Unfortunately on Android, the Glo-balls have no shadow for some reason. I like them, but I can't use them to get a good score. I just stick with my Zebra ball (except on Banzai Run, where I have to pick a blue or green ball to see anything with the black and white checkered playfield).

Zygon78

May 15, 2018
I didn't realize that The Addams Family and Doctor Who ones added that? Is it just within their own tables? Also, is it controlled like pro table option?

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I didn't realize that The Addams Family and Doctor Who ones added that? Is it just within their own tables? Also, is it controlled like pro table option?

Any ball that alters the game in any way will disable the leaderboards and goals.

Speaking of custom balls, I guess we will never be able to purchase these, which were teased a year and a half ago:

https://www.facebook.com/pinballarcade/posts/1283580714996319:0

Also, it would be nice to be able to have the Eye ball on PS4

Dok5555555

Nov 1, 2013
Are the glo-balls not crossbuy for ps3/vita? I bought the ps3 pack but it doesn't say I own the vita ones and I have no option to download the vita balls without paying again.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.