cyclone??????

budtki@verizon.net

Aug 20, 2012
does anybody have a date for the release of cyclone on the PS3? this table is easily one of my top three tables of all time...next to the simpsons and comet....after that in no particular order is fireball, timewarp, Indiana jones, paragon, playboy.....

The Night Flier

Jun 10, 2014
No clue.One would hope that Farsight is doing everything possible right now to release Cyclone as fast as possible.I don't want them to wait another 6 months and bundle release it.I want Cyclone and the following tables asap.Epic gaps between releases defeats the purpose of doing a Season release.Then might as well release them completely random throughout the year and not sell a Season pass.

The Night Flier

Jun 10, 2014
July is not soon. They used to issue a table a month.

Agreed.A Season release must be regular.Constant within one or max two months, also depending on how many tables are put out per release.
Farsight should already be communicating to us right now as to how many tables will be put out on the next release and presumably when.And releasing tables via Sony just got more convenient since they now release games any day of the week.So get on with it.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
July is not soon. They used to issue a table a month.

I have been following the ps3 releases since the beginning and every pack so far was released with at least one other pack except the launch tables, Terminator 2, the Haunted House/Teed Off pack, and Phantom of the Opera. Although they would release the two table pack a week apart during the first two seasons.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Exactly.Look at Zen Pinball.They are releasing a new table this week.Basically all platforms(including consoles, pc and mobile) everywhere, all within 24hrs.That is how it is done, no excuses.

Let's not get into this comparison again, it's been debated to death.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Exactly.Look at Zen Pinball.They are releasing a new table this week.Basically all platforms(including consoles, pc and mobile) everywhere, all within 24hrs.That is how it is done, no excuses.
Having it done way in advance and planning the release. Zen doesn't release 12 new tables a year, usually.

The Night Flier

Jun 10, 2014
Having it done way in advance and planning the release. Zen doesn't release 12 new tables a year, usually.

Planning a release in advance, yeah that sounds like a plan.The argument why mobile and whatnot get dumped earlier than consoles is because they can.But just because they can doesn't mean they should.What they should do is take a lets say 4-6 months timeout and work on patching tables up, perhaps implementing the new flipper physics on the old tables and getting their release plan in order and console, pc and mobile up to the same speed.Then they can do their table releases unified and properly the way Zen does it.

Beyond that there is no reason why Cyclone and Jackbot can't be released asap.Like right now.As said, Sony releases any day of the week now.I'm sure there have been issues with Sony from time to time and the Vita thing but i can't exclude Farsight from their release problems.They need to get their game together and make it more convenient for all customers.Like right now for example.No information, no official input.Inform the customers of what the upcoming release plan is.What tables are next and presumably when.Not too much to ask.In fact it is the minimum.Don't get me wrong, i love TPA and have and always will support all their tables.Just think there is room for improvement when it comes to their release politics.

Last edited:

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Planning a release in advance, yeah that sounds like a plan.The argument why mobile and whatnot get dumped earlier than consoles is because they can.But just because they can doesn't mean they should.What they should do is take a lets say 4-6 months timeout and work on patching tables up, perhaps implementing the new ball physics on the old tables and getting their release plan in order and console, pc and mobile up to the same speed.Then they can do their table releases unified and properly the way Zen does it.

Beyond that there is no reason why Cyclone and Jackbot can't be released asap.Like right now.As said, Sony releases any day of the week now.I'm sure there have been issues with Sony from time to time and the Vita thing but i can't exclude Farsight from their release problems.They need to get their game together and make it more convenient for all customers.Like right now for example.No information, no official input.Inform the customers of what the upcoming release plan is.What tables are next and presumably when.Not too much to ask.In fact it is the minimum.Don't get me wrong, i love TPA and have and always will support all their tables.Just think there is room for improvement when it comes to their release politics.
Hey, I agree. I'm all for Farsight taking a couple months off of making new tables to shore up the current ones and take care of outstanding issues, plan the new tables releases and all that. Is that possible for them? Only they know.

I really feel like their biggest mistake was saying new tables would come out monthly.

Oh well.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts