Dekstop EQ to improve "some" of the Table's audio

nudnick

Apr 8, 2014
I'm pumping audio through some Bose computer speakers. Speakers are amazing. Some of the tables sound great ... others ...uh ... erh. So with F14 TOMCAT, I went and tried to find a free real-time desktop EQ to try and improve the audio. I ended up only finding one "EqualizerAPO" which kinda-sorta worked for what I was trying to accomplish but it too squirrely and can't really figure out how to save the preset so I can just choose multiple user created presets.

Does anyone know of a simple ... I mean simple ... EQ that you can simply open a digital 10-20 band EQ and just change the dynamic of the real time sound coming out of your speakers? You close it and everything goes back to default\normal?

I'm trying to come up with a way for presets that I could just change over on my other monitor when switching tables (ex: default-everything at 0 for tables that don't need audio adjustments, one for F14 and one for High-Speed, one for Creature and so forth). Also just like Noex cam mod, would be cool if you could just click a button in an in-game mod that would change the EQ to a saved preset for just that table ...

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
What is your sound card? A lot of sound drivers have EQ built in (Realtek for example which is really common). I have Realtek onboard mobo sound, and my Sirus 5.1 USB headset has EQ built into the driver too.

Last edited:

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
Nudnick, for my motherboard I get to the Realtek (that Jeff mentioned) by my first clicking on my Windows 7 Start button. Then in the Search box I type "Realtek". Then I select "Realtek HD Audio Manager" from the Control Panel portion of the search results. Various equalizer icons are in the lower section of the panel that comes up. Hovering over one of the buttons, that kind of looks like an icon for a bar graph, is labeled "Change to graphic EQ". I click on that button. This gives several "Environment" settings to choose from. It also lets me create my own settings, and save to different file names.

To go back to the builtin 4 main presets, I click on the guitar looking icon that has a hover of "Change to preset Eq".

If you have a different sound card or a different audio chip on your motherboard, you may have some similar software already installed. If not, it could be on on the disc that came with the sound card or downloadable on the web site of the manufacturer.

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Nice guide, seattlemark. There will also be a Realtek icon on your system tray for easy access, if you allow it.

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
on most windows systems, regardless of your sound card unless you have a "prosumer" audio interface, you simply have to go Start>control panel>sound>then highlight the audio device> select properties> select the enhancements tab>scroll down to equalizer and load a pre-set or make your own eq setting.

Nimrod

Oct 29, 2013
You may have good speakers but do you have a good soundcard? The audio in tpa is probably low bitrate ogg or mp3 so it will never sound that great.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts