Details on PC Cabinet support for TPA

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
NoEx's Camera Mod v1.4 IS OUT!
Full 3 screen movable dmd support is ready to try
head on over to the camera mod subforum to check it out, updated setup guide, updated backglass files all are ready to go
A big thanks to NoEx for all the hardwork! I'm excited to see how all you 3 screen cab players like it.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Me - "I read also that you now are Working with Stern Pinball. Are we maybe going to see a Virtual Stern pinball cabinet for sale soon? And is this the reason cab support has been put on hold? Thanks Joe"

TPA - "This is the reason we have put this on hold. We will be releasing more details on the Stern partnership in the future. ��"

:confused:
Was this already confirmed? Big news for me. I mean we all new it, but still. Those greedy *******s at stern ruining my digital pinball experience.

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
Yet more excuses from Farsight.

Seeing as the Stern game is going to be independent from the main game, any licensing issues there with cabinet support would NOT affect adding it to the main game. Just keep it out of the Stern build, job done.

They have no right to make demands about what is or is not included in the game that is NOT related to them. If they are afriad of the main game having cabinet support and their build not, then that is their problem. Trying to block it from the main game is anti-competitive.

Its all rather stupid anyway as this thread proves, the people with cabinets will always find a way even if they have to resort to pirating the ROMs. Its just plain idiotic to force people to do that.

Last edited:

Pinzzz

Jul 24, 2013

Pinzzz

Jul 24, 2013
You Rock [MENTION=4788]Robert Misner[/MENTION]
Outstanding in all regards!
You are a asset to this community and me!
If you ever come to Las Vegas.I will treat you to dinner.

Last edited:

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Have any of you beta tested the new UI at all?
The video of it in the 1.43.7 topic makes it look like it would need a mouse to navigate it with buttons and tabs all over the place. If so that would definitely kill it for being cabinet friendly.
Anyone actually tried it yet?

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
unless we can run two copies locally i won't be able to test the beta without breaking the current mod
which I'd prefer to still have dx11 and multiscreen support working :)

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
It was said before that a command line start is not possible because of how the game handles rom emulation and detects start and end of a game.
But hey, nothing is impossible, right.

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
M
Converting the tables is a definite step in the right direction. It just would need a whole new menu system because lets face it the way TPA works now would not be at all conducive to cabinet play. It drives me insane when it backs out to the menu after each game. I want to play again immediately!!!! I dont have time to view the table menu!!

I will keep my pessimism high on the cab so I am not disappointed!!

How right you were!! Boy was I a fool.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.