Discussion thread about the FreeCamera Mod

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Thanks for the update. Works great. My Xenon settings for 1080 x 1920 portrait.

Posted camera settings in new section.
http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/10209-Xenon-Cam-Settings?p=209081&viewfull=1#post209081

xenon_1080_1920.png

Last edited:

NoEx

Mar 12, 2015
+1 you would make alot of people very happy, since the dmd can be togggled on and off its movable right?

Yes it's movable but not to a second display, it would require to create a new DirectX device just for the dmd to display it on another screen, doable but would require a lot of work and patching of game's code.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Is there no work around to clone the display and then move the display around on the 2nd display so it shows just the back box with the DMD?, like running 2 instances of this camera mod program one for the table and one for the backbox/dmd??

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Is there no work around to clone the display and then move the display around on the 2nd display so it shows just the back box with the DMD?, like running 2 instances of this camera mod program one for the table and one for the backbox/dmd??

If you don't mind still having the DMD on the playfield and you can run TPA in windowed mode, you can clone just the DMD part of the playfield on the second monitor using a Magnifier utility such as this:

http://www.blacksunsoftware.com/screenmagnifier.html

I did a test once and it worked, however the issues are the DMD position differs from table to table so you would need to code something to automove it for your settings (quite easy with AHK), but the reason I couldn't use it was that Windowed mode never plays smoothly so I always go to Fullscreen, in which case you cannot use a magnifier. Also having the DMD twice is not good either.

The in-built windows magnifier would work, but I think you need to switch Aero on which is a no-no, so the above utility is better.

dallaker

Nov 13, 2013

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
If you don't mind still having the DMD on the playfield and you can run TPA in windowed mode, you can clone just the DMD part of the playfield on the second monitor using a Magnifier utility such as this:

http://www.blacksunsoftware.com/screenmagnifier.html

I did a test once and it worked, however the issues are the DMD position differs from table to table so you would need to code something to automove it for your settings (quite easy with AHK), but the reason I couldn't use it was that Windowed mode never plays smoothly so I always go to Fullscreen, in which case you cannot use a magnifier. Also having the DMD twice is not good either.

The in-built windows magnifier would work, but I think you need to switch Aero on which is a no-no, so the above utility is better.

Is a shame that the FreeCamera-mod cant utilize (maybe it can) multiple displays and camera modes, for example setup 'camera 1' for the playfield and assign that to display on 'display'1 and then 'camera 2' to to be pointed at the backglass/dmd and assign that to be displayed on 'display2' or failing that just run 2 instanced of the FreeCamera-Mod but an option would need to be added to define displays....as said this is all me thinking aloud an not even use if FreeCamera-Mod can define on which display it can be displayed on

Darquayle

Sep 29, 2012
Really Great MOD. It makes cabinet play much more enjoyable.

I have two quick questions:

1) Is there a way to launch the DX11 version of PBA from a command line? I'd like to start this camera mod and PBA automatically but right now the beta requires me to use the Steam interface to right-click and launch the DX11 version.

Edit: Figured this one out... Just renamed Pinballarcade11.exe to Pinballarcade.exe and now I can launch the DX11 version. However, Cameramod uses pinballarcade11.exe so, I am using an AHK script that calls the DX11 version. I had to call the script PinballAracade.ahk so that it would pretend to be the Steam recognized version and then it called the DX11 version of the exe which the camera mod is looking for. It now works fine. :)

2) I have one of my buttons dedicated to switching between views (Hybrid, Full Table & Backglass, Top Down). The switching speed is too fast. I've tried setting the speed slider and it doesn't seem to make a significant difference. Also, I don't see the setting it in either settings.ini file or the table's XML file. Is this a hidden setting? Or does it always default back to 1 when exiting the tables?

Last edited:

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
NoEx this looks awesome. I would actually want to use it in Landscape view to fix the terrible views Farsight set.
However is there really no way to use your camera, but still have the upper playfield pans/zooms and event camera work too?

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
Along the lines of what lettuce is suggesting, I wish there was a way to place this patch to another monitor of our choosing. Although I would prefer using this app for the table view, it would be interesting to use the farsight camera for the table, but this app solely for the dmd or backglass (I would take backglass) that could be placed on the monitor of our choosing, thus providing cab owners with a cabinet view of sorts

Great work noex!

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
I'm always keeping an old version of TPA available (run steam in off-line mode so it does not update) just to be able to play with NoEx mod until he has updated it.

I'be been wondering which way he wishes to contacted, what thread is he subscribing to so he will get an e-mail?

Go NoEx! :cool:

NoEx

Mar 12, 2015
Just send me a PM when the game is updated, i should be able to update the mod asap even if i'm not on my computer everyday.

nudnick

Apr 8, 2014
Just send me a PM when the game is updated, i should be able to update the mod asap even if i'm not on my computer everyday.

Tried to send you PM, but looked like I was not able to ... anyway, DX11 ver 1.38.9 has been updated to 1.38.10

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
So does anyone know if there's a way to run this mod, but not lose the zoom/pan and event cameras in landscape view?

NoEx

Mar 12, 2015
Tried to send you PM, but looked like I was not able to ... anyway, DX11 ver 1.38.9 has been updated to 1.38.10

I got your PM, i'll update it in a few hours.

So does anyone know if there's a way to run this mod, but not lose the zoom/pan and event cameras in landscape view?

Nop, the mod blocks everything related to the camera and takes full control over it, the game can't handle it anymore.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
I got your PM, i'll update it in a few hours.

Nop, the mod blocks everything related to the camera and takes full control over it, the game can't handle it anymore.

Ahhh well that's a bummer. Thanks for answering and thanks for an awesome mod. Wish I could use it.

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
I just can't imagine playing TPA without your mod now man; thanks.

I just try to set it up as if I am playing out in the wild, then 1 cam for the plunge/skill shot and 1 cam for when I am looking up at the backglass or if there is something done there according to game.

Keep rockin'!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.