DLC Acheivements not Giving Gamerscore

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
You can play the tables as long as you quit out before you enter your initials (assuming you got a high-score).

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
You can play the tables as long as you quit out before you enter your initials (assuming you got a high-score).

I'm at the office and not near a console. Are you confirming that the DLC achievements are once again for "achieving" nominal high scores in this pack?

Ozzpot

May 5, 2012
I'm at the office and not near a console. Are you confirming that the DLC achievements are once again for "achieving" nominal high scores in this pack?

I'm assuming the achievements are the same as last time being to get a top 5 score on each table.

I just downloaded the pack and checked. I can confirm 1 achievement for each table; Achieve a top 5 local high score.

Incidentally, be really careful if you do choose to check out the tables. I thought I'd take a look at Gorgar, messed around for about a minute and them purposely drained the next two balls. Got the #4 local high score anyway. :rolleyes: And the achievement? It pops before you even enter your initials so now I have to recover my profile.

So, if anyone wants to check out the tables but is reluctant to have to do a profile recovery, I recommend you quit back to the menu before you drain your third ball.

Last edited:

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
It's really bothering me that I can't play DLC #3 with my normal profile because of the achievements/leaderboards problem.

N

Nik Barbour

It's really bothering me that I can't play DLC #3 with my normal profile because of the achievements/leaderboards problem.

It's really bothering me, I'm stuck in work for another 4 hours and can't get a look at dlc3 yet!

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
I was on the fence when it came to this whole "Farsight vs MS" thing, but I'm starting to think that Farsight has been stuck with a real dumbass of a MS rep. This is all on Microsoft, they can't seem to get their **** straight and in order before they launch a product?

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
are there any downsides to recovering gametags? ie, no offline, coz you have to be online from now on to play games? you know, like if you buy a game at a buddy, with your profile on his machine

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012

Hmm? Why not? Just recover it, the only thing that changes from before the recovery is your achievements will become unflagged (as everything else is synced). No other game innormation is in your profile: highscorelist, standard and wizard goals obtained etc etc is all in your gamesave and nothing is happening with that.

are there any downsides to recovering gametags? ie, no offline, coz you have to be online from now on to play games? you know, like if you buy a game at a buddy, with your profile on his machine
None whatsoever. Your offline profile is exactly the same as your online profile, apart from the achievements online not being flagged. Once you recover you get back the same profile you just got, minues the achievements you already got.

Last edited:

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
No, the achievements aren't the problem, it's the leaderboards. I don't want to set a great highscore which won't upload to the servers.

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
Hmm? Why not? Just recover it, the only thing that changes from before the recovery is your achievements will become unflagged (as everything else is synced)

Yeah it's not really a problem recovering your profile, but it just annoys me that MS charge for updates, DLC, etc. A software company putting up that kind of cash wouldn't expect this to happen again.

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
No, the achievements aren't the problem, it's the leaderboards. I don't want to set a great highscore which won't upload to the servers.

Yeah, I still haven't beaten my offline score on CV since the leaderboards came online :( It wasn't the best score but I wantedd to rub my mate's nose in it :D

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012

You mentioned you didnt want to play with your normal profile, so I assumed you were playing with another profile (on which you can still set a hiscore).

Just to put this in a bit of perspective: you are no setting a hiscore so you prevent not setting a hiscore....

(Not making fun of you, I feel sorta the same, but in the grand scheme of things it is a bit funny when you put it like that :))

One way or another you wont get a score on the leaderboard, isnt it more fun playing the tables and get some practice in, learn the physics, the rules, the modes (I dont know them personally). If you are really worried about setting a hiscore on a table before leaderboards, let the first (2?) balls drain? :)

Last edited:

Mark Miwurdz

Apr 7, 2012
Yeah it's not really a problem recovering your profile, but it just annoys me that MS charge for updates, DLC, etc. A software company putting up that kind of cash wouldn't expect this to happen again.

What other games dlc has this happened with? We are talking a 100% rate so far with this game. Would you bet against it being the same for the next dlc?

Mark Miwurdz

Apr 7, 2012
You mentioned you didnt want to play with your normal profile, so I assumed you were playing with another profile (on which you can still set a hiscore).

Yes, in a few days when the leaderboards are up. By then we'll all be using our main profile.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
What other games dlc has this happened with? We are talking a 100% rate so far with this game. Would you bet against it being the same for the next dlc?

It happened on quite a few games in the past, and recently. It's xbox.com database not being updated. Not much to do with farsight.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
This is better than the alternative - wait until they get the leaderboards up and running before releasing the DLC. Just recover your profile once the leaderboards are online! All of you who are complaining the achievements are too easy, and you don't get a sense of accomplishment, well, here's your chance to change that! Run up the high scores, then when everything gets online, you have a real challenge to shoot for! That's what I did, so now when I get the achievement, it feels like a hard won victory. Of course, I still don't have the CV achievement, but that just means I need to get better.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts