DLC Pack #7

JoshuaKadmon

Aug 12, 2012
Of all the pool themed tables they picked this crap EM table.....no Break shot,8ball deluxe,pool sharks?

I don't think that read into the decision to include Big Shot in TPA. It's easily one of the most original layouts of any EM table, and it's one of the few EMs I've enjoyed playing in real life. I even have a mint flyer from 1973 that I acquired about 18 years ago. I've said before that TPA should gradually include a handful of EMs to represent that era, and while I know that its PHoF status weighed heavily on it being selected first, I much prefer Big Shot over Central Park or Ace High.

If FS does indeed keep TPA going for 4 years and 100 tables, I think we'll probably end up with 6 or 7 EMs only. Their logical choices for later inclusions would be Slick Chick [Gottlieb 1963], Skylab [Williams 1974], Fireball [Bally 1972], Central Park [Gottlieb 1966], Doozie [Williams 1968], and Four Million BC [Bally 1971]. I doubt they would go back any further than that, and even then, the selection should be somewhat limited on EMs.

There's very little chance we'll ever see Capcom's Breakshot, without the manufacturer license and with a low 1000-unit production run. Eight Ball Deluxe and Cue Ball Wizard still have a great chance of showing up later (though I'm leaning more towards EBD than the latter). I doubt Pool Sharks would be a priority, though. In the end, I'm glad we'll have Big Shot.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
I doubt the inclusion of a pool-themed table prevents them from doing another such; they haven't been particularly restrained with the "movie monsters" theme, after all. I haven't played Big Shot, but I think the inclusion of a target-heavy EM will be a nice change of pace.

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
i really don't know why, but i absolutely love Big Shot and am pretty excited for it. It's simple and fairly shallow, but i just find it satisfying to play (in the gottleib collection, anyway).

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.