DLC Release Date

Frostyglitch

Apr 3, 2012
I have an RSS feed for Major Nelson's marketplace info. He puts out a new list every week which includes upcoming DLC. Looks like it's gonna be next week or the week after before we see any new tables.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
Nothing doing today. Not too surprised. This is incredibly frustrating and I can't imagine how frustrated FS is at MS's crap. I just wish I had your guys' multiple platforms so I could enjoy more than 4 tables... Alas, my eyes.

It could be worse. It could be Spelunky which was supposed to be out in November... of 2010.

Xbox DLC doesn't usually come on Mondays anyway. I checked Major Nelson's lists. They usually only include some of the DLC. Much of the DLC that comes out isn't listed.

Ammonitida

Apr 6, 2012
Great, another week to wait if we're lucky that is. In the meantime, the other systems are going to get Monster Bash while XBOX owners are still stuck with the four initial tables, sans the better lighting of the PS3 version. I'm growing very tired of this BS. At this rate, we won't get Twilight Zone until 2030 (the android tablet crap will have it in December 2012 at the latest). So why even donate money at all to Farsight?

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I'm growing very tired of this BS. At this rate, we won't get Twilight Zone until 2030 (the android tablet crap will have it in December 2012 at the latest). So why even donate money at all to Farsight?
How many times does this have to be said - FARSIGHT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH RELEASE DATES AFTER THEY SUBMIT IT TO MICROSOFT (and Sony) FOR APPROVAL! As much as it sucks that we still don't have the new content, it's all on Microsoft.
The more popular TPA gets, the more priority it will have, and the sooner we'll receive new content.

Last edited:

RKade8583

Apr 5, 2012
Ask the PC owners how they're feeling? They don't even have the original 4. I'm pissed at MS too but I know how the procedure goes. It's out of FS's hands.

Ammonitida

Apr 6, 2012
How many times does this have to be said - FARSIGHT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH RELEASE DATES AFTER THEY SUBMIT IT TO MICROSOFT (and Sony) FOR APPROVAL! As much as it sucks that we still don't have the new content, it's all on Microsoft.
The more popular TPA gets, the more priority it will have, and the sooner we'll receive new content.

All Microsoft's fault? Then explain why the same delays are happening with the PS3?

This is ALL Farsight's fault! First they screw us with the lighting effects, then they screw us with the DLC! I'm sick and tired of the Android market being given the first class treatment here. They're going to be getting Monster Bash this month while both PS3 owners and 360 owners are still stuck with the four initial tables from APRIL (which should have included MM, the best pinball table ever).

We should be getting ALL six DLC tables next week, not just the four, but with the way things are going, we'll be lucky to see any DLC this month, if EVER.

The Doctor

Banned
May 1, 2012
I swear that if it comes out that the ps3 dlc has been delayed because of some idiotic M$ policy I will go ballistic

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
All Microsoft's fault? Then explain why the same delays are happening with the PS3?

This is ALL Farsight's fault! First they screw us with the lighting effects, then they screw us with the DLC! I'm sick and tired of the Android market being given the first class treatment here. They're going to be getting Monster Bash this month while both PS3 owners and 360 owners are still stuck with the four initial tables from APRIL (which should have included MM, the best pinball table ever).

We should be getting ALL six DLC tables next week, not just the four, but with the way things are going, we'll be lucky to see any DLC this month, if EVER.
I expect this kind of thing on FarSight's Facebook page, but not so much here...

1. The same delays are happening with the PS3 because Sony is apparently just as slow as Microsoft is. Possibly slower, since we know Microsoft rejected the DLC once and we know nothing about Sony's actions.
  2. The XBox 360 was not screwed out of the lighting effects. The console is perfectly capable of HDR lighting, and the DLC tables will have it. The first four tables do not have it because it was not ready at the time of the initial submission. They're getting it in a future update. The PS3's tables have it because it was ready for their submission. Personally, I'd rather have the 360's lack of proper lighting than the PS3's flipper lag.
  3. I'm sure FarSight would like to get our money for the DLC tables as soon as they can possibly get their hands on it. It's not like they don't want/need cash flow.
  4. Android gets the tables first because their approval process is extremely rapid. Then Apple, then the two corporate behemoth slowpokes. FarSight would be stupid to hold the Android release up 6 weeks just to equalize release timeframes between platforms. (See point above regarding cash flow.) On the other hand, the 360 version at least seems a lot better behaved than the Android/iOS versions, and it actually has working controls for nudging.
  5. Medieval Madness was not part of the core table set for any platform.
  6. Of course we're not going to see MB and Gorgar on the 360 this month, because they haven't even been submitted yet, because they're still working on finishing them.

Neither your nor anyone else's hysterical ranting will speed up resolution of any of these issues, so please, keep calm and carry on.

Sir_LANs-a-lot

Jun 1, 2012
Neither your nor anyone else's hysterical ranting will speed up resolution of any of these issues, so please, keep calm and carry on.

Couldn't have put that better myself. Those ranting on clearly have no idea about Submission processes for the affected platforms.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
The touchscreen nudging was fixed for iOS in the latest update.
Partially fixed. I still have to use the upper half of the screen, which is nowhere near my hands in normal play. Then I have the choice of wasting further time making a swipe or sacrificing my ability to nudge upward at all. I'd still like transparent buttons in the bottom corners for flipping, nudging, and whatever extra buttons/features the table I'm currently playing has.

laughing_lunatic

Jun 6, 2012
OK, registered just to stick my oar in... Before I say what I have to say, I should tell everyone that I'm as big a fan of both FX2 and TPA as anyone here. I've played both along with PHOF till my hands hurt. So a troll, I ain't.

So... I completely understand people's frustration. I'm waiting anxiously for the DLC's too. Feverishly waiting. I check twice a day on XBOX and PSN. It's unfortunate that Farsight have run into problems with MS, it truly is, but... having said that, the promise of "each month, regular updates..." is something that they clearly can't honor, whether it be their fault or not doesn't change that fact that the monthly updates "for years to come" is misleading albeit with best intentions and Farsight shouldn't never have made such a bold statement without considering possible factors that they can't control.

If my Boss asks me if I can get a certain task done by a given date, I NEVER say "yes", because between now and then, should I come down with ebola or get hit by a truck, or simply not have enough time, I can't deliver on my promise. My version of the Get Out Of Jail card is "I'll certainly give it my best shot, Boss".... Farsight's should have been "Upcoming updates will include..." is far more accurate, kind of open ended and would stop, somewhat, the constant "they said each month, where's the DLC ????????" posts.

Guys: relax and be patient.

Farsight: Careful what you promise.

ClaudeHenrySmoot

Apr 27, 2012
Guys: relax and be patient.

Farsight: Careful what you promise.

Completely agree - the problem is, how do you get:

A) People to stop whining on Farsight's Facebook wall, especially about issues Farsight has already addressed publicly

B) Farsight to communicate effectively on their Facebook wall, or respond individually to comments with posts that aren't pushed off the front page within 15 minutes.

Personally, I'd shut down the FB wall to open/unfiltered comments. I'm starting to hate going there - feels like a riot is brewing sometimes.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
Completely agree - the problem is, how do you get:

A) People to stop whining on Farsight's Facebook wall, especially about issues Farsight has already addressed publicly

B) Farsight to communicate effectively on their Facebook wall, or respond individually to comments with posts that aren't pushed off the front page within 15 minutes.

Personally, I'd shut down the FB wall to open/unfiltered comments. I'm starting to hate going there - feels like a riot is brewing sometimes.

I too have avoided the Facebook page, but I completely understand why people are starting to get annoyed. When we bought this game back at the start of April the description says that we would be receiving new DLC tables every month. So far that has been a compete lie since it is now June and we have not even seen a single new table yet. I will buy the new tables the on the day that they come out since I love the game, but at this point it is getting disappointing since I really want to keep playing and have some new tables.

laughing_lunatic

Jun 6, 2012
I don't do facebook, but I have a feeling that there's no easy answer. Farsight made a rod for their backs unfortunately. As much as I want the DLC's too, NOW, I feel for Farsight.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.