DLC Release Date

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
FS doesn't know. Remember, all this stuff is up to the courts. Courts move slowly, for the good and the bad. Bankruptcies are very nasty and the courts have to weigh everything.

To do anything would require breaking the contract FS had with Crave. The courts could argue that the contract has some value and must be sold at fair market value (and no, FS cannot spoil it - the courts look very dimly to that even though it's FS being stifled). The court's job is to ensure that creditors are paid back as much as possible, as fairly as possible.

Of course, you can always go and look up the court records yourself to see just how slowly the case is moving.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Even with a next-gen Xbox just around the corner, there should still be a market for the 360 version. My decision to continue to support the 360 version however will hinge on how well the soon-to-be-released PC version plays on my aged laptop, or my nearly-as-aged desktop.

Absolutely and I speak for myself as someone who is skipping Nextbox (barring some miracle at the reveal) and realistically not getting a PS4 until early 2014. With a 100$, redesigned model coming and considering the popularity of Minecraft which just got a disc release, the 360 will be going strong through 2014 well into 2015 if you ask me.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
I know you're looking for an official response, but I'll throw this in there. Since FarSight has yet to submit any content to Microsoft, all fixes and tweaks (including ROM emulated Black Knight) for all unreleased content should be included in the initial submission to Microsoft. There's also a chance an optional update #2, which should included fixes and tweaks for currently available content, may be submitted to Microsoft as well.

This is great to hear. Good things come to those who wait.

Too an extent though. It's May. MAY. MAY DAY Farsight, 360 owners need some good news!

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
There's a way you can see how the case is moving? Can you PM me a link to it?

Should be. Most courts have online access to the case dockets. You just need to know the docket number, but some let you search. Unfortunately, I have no clue which court is overseeing the Crave bankruptcy. (For free access, you have to know the court and the docket). Note that you may or may not be able to look at the documents submitted - it varies - some charge a per-page fee, others don't. Of course, if anyone is nearby, you are always free to go there and inspect the documents yourself, as well.

If not, if you know a lawyer friend to do a Lexis-Nexus (I think that's what it's called) search for you...

Courts are public places and everything except sealed evidence is open for public inspection and viewing. Even the Judge's opinion at the end.

sharkbear

Jul 26, 2012
It's case # 12-12129 in the Northern District in New York. There is nothing for Farsight to say about it until they are released them their contract, and if I were their attorney I'd advise them not to say anything. Plus they already jumped the gun once earlier this year, and all it did was get everyone's hopes up. People will just have to understand that "no news" really is "no news." This case could take years to settle.

Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer.

Carpy

May 7, 2012
Can't do anything with Pinball Arcade. We could do other Xbox 360 games if we had a publisher for those.

Can you release the new tables under a different name (the pinball arcade for instance), then when this is all resolved add the first ten tables to this new name?

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I don't believe you can do that.

I'm actually wondering if it really stops them from doing anything pinball related.

I mean they could just call it Farsight Pinball, or the Pinball Sim or something I suppose. I'm not sure if the agreements with licensing for the tables has much to do with the publisher. Though I'm also sure that Farsight's explored this option, and either does not want to rebrand (don't blame them) or there is something instrumental (like the entire game engine for instance) that is standing in their way.

Honestly, and I know there are a few XBOX360 exclusive users that probably won't agree...but i think they should just throw in the towel on the 360 altogether.

Truthfully, if they dropped tables for the 360 I would buy them, but even I've officially moved on to another platform.
Hint to farsight...if you drop TPA for WiiU, I just might find room in my budget for it.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
Honestly, I've given up on seeing any more DLC for the Xbox360.

I still enjoy playing TPA on Microsoft's console but as for new content, all my eggs are now firmly in the PC basket (and no, I'm not counting my chickens.!.). Looks like I'll be waiting (again) for the newer table packs to eventually appear on PC.

I'm wondering... Could the legal issue on the 360 also hinder TPA appearing on the next Microsoft Xbox? Meaning that if the case is not resolved, will FarSight be in a position to legally release TPA on the next-gen Xbox?

Last edited:

bugged1

Sep 29, 2012
hey superballs! for someone who wanted the thread closed you aint half doing some posts! i guess you have realised this forum is for pinball arcade chat!

Brym

Apr 25, 2013
Did anyone who Kickstarted the Star Trek table ask for an alternate non-xbox code like FarSight posted about in the other thread? I've sent multiple emails to the address they listed and still haven't gotten any response.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Did anyone who Kickstarted the Star Trek table ask for an alternate non-xbox code like FarSight posted about in the other thread? I've sent multiple emails to the address they listed and still haven't gotten any response.

Yeah I asked for both to be switched from xbox to PC and got an acknowledge email within 8hrs.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
hey superballs! for someone who wanted the thread closed you aint half doing some posts! i guess you have realised this forum is for pinball arcade chat!

I check new responses when I see them and respond to those worth responding to. I made the suggestion and it wasn't closed. I accept that. Thanks for enlightening me as to what the forum was for. I had no clue it was for discussion.

Still holding on FS. Cant wait to get these tables on the 360.Do we have any idea how much longer?

I would love for the dlc to come out but it's getting less and less realistic. Looking at how fast ms ditched the original xbox after the 360 released, it makes me wonder how long they will keep the live arcade active for new purchases.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I check new responses when I see them and respond to those worth responding to. I made the suggestion and it wasn't closed. I accept that. Thanks for enlightening me as to what the forum was for. I had no clue it was for discussion.

I would love for the dlc to come out but it's getting less and less realistic. Looking at how fast ms ditched the original xbox after the 360 released, it makes me wonder how long they will keep the live arcade active for new purchases.

But the original Xbox had been out just a little over four years and had a much smaller version of live arcade when the 360 dropped in 2005. We're going on almost eight years with the 360.

That said, you still may be right about dlc for the 360 version. That's why I'm glad it's coming to PC-i'll finally get the full pinball arcade experience with a real controller, not possible on nexus 7 without jumping through some potentially tablet-bricking hoops.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts