DLC Release Date

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
You don't seem to understand how this works.

The Wii U is a new console, with all its life ahead of it, with a user base thirsty for new games. The Pinball Arcade fits in very nicely, that's why Zen Studio is developing for it.

The Xbox 360 is an old console, with its successor (deprived of backward compatibility) right around the corner and doubts about whether or not the 360 live functions will be kept alive eventually. It also has tons of other games now at a very, very cheap price. The market just isn't there any more, people have moved on.

Erm no, thats not how it works. Due to install base, the (cheap) legacy games and the negligible powerdifference, the market for 360 is exponentionally bigger than WiiU and therefor much more atttractive to (cheaply) develop games for. It's also why certain third party publishers don't even bother with WiiU anymore (EA) or put their former WiiUexclusives on multiplatform (Ubisoft).

The WiiU is resembling a Gamecube 2.0 more and more: a possibly great Nintendo first party machine (no proof of that yet), with lackluster third party support.

You were right in one department though: the buyers are hungry for new games for it.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Erm no, thats not how it works. Due to install base, the (cheap) legacy games and the negligible powerdifference, the market for 360 is exponentionally bigger than WiiU and therefor much more atttractive to (cheaply) develop games for. It's also why certain third party publishers don't even bother with WiiU anymore (EA) or put their former WiiUexclusives on multiplatform (Ubisoft).

The WiiU is resembling a Gamecube 2.0 more and more: a possibly great Nintendo first party machine (no proof of that yet), with lackluster third party support.

You were right in one department though: the buyers are hungry for new games for it.

This would be great news for me. The gamecube rivals the dreamcast for my favorite console of all time.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
This would be great news for me. The gamecube rivals the dreamcast for my favorite console of all time.

Indeed, I didnt say that was a bad thing necessarily as long as Nintendo delivers (cause noone else will unfortunately), just commenting on its third party market. Noone is buying that thing for CoD or Madden (I hope).

In regards to the GC, it did have some great games to warrant the purchase. I still keep Metroid Prime (in my top 3 for best games), Paper Mario Thousand Year Door and Windwaker in my Wii-catalogue.

Anyways, tangent is going totally OT. 360 TPA DLC....how about it eh.

Zoku Gojira

Dec 31, 2012
Given all the platforms TPA is being released and updated on, I doubt that Farsight will balk at bringing the new tables to 360 once the ridiculous legal obstacles are cleared from their path. There's money in it, even at a discounted rate, and there will continue to be a large customer base on 360 for a while after the XBone, regardless of whether the new console wins over consumers or puts them off with its controversial limitations.

Carpy

May 7, 2012
Fingers crossed its all sorted, even more so as only yesterday whilst trying to set up my sons mine craft so he could play on multi player, that all this time I never realised that plugin in through the hdmi lead and not the supplied yellow/red/white leads that the screen image would be so amazing, I just never knew about it.
I did wonder why the screen shots on Facebook looked so good and just thought mine were no good as I had a big screen TV.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I never realised that plugin in through the hdmi lead and not the supplied yellow/red/white leads that the screen image would be so amazing, I just never knew about it.

Were you connected to an HDTV? Using the Yellow/Red/White cables means you'd only get an SD picture, so you'll definitely get a better picture using an HDMI cable.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
F.S. how much longer do you think this is going to take?

There's really no way for them to know. They won't know until the court makes a decision. The court isn't going to give them a warning before they make a decision. Bankruptcy courts are frustrating to deal with if you are the kind of person that wants to know what the plan or timetable is.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
FarSight should file for breach of contract on Crave's (Fillpoint) part so they can be released from their contract and be done with it. FarSight entered their contract with Crave expecting regular submissions to Microsoft and that hasn't happened for almost a year now.

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
I agree Pin Wiz. There has to be SOMETHING that they can do to show that they are losing money here and that Crave hasn't held up their end of the bargain.

Jan 6, 2013
I have been holding on for so long now all i have is a 360.I really dont want to buy the ps3 just for pinball but i really want all the tables,I hope they tell us something soon.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
FarSight should file for breach of contract on Crave's (Fillpoint) part so they can be released from their contract and be done with it. FarSight entered their contract with Crave expecting regular submissions to Microsoft and that hasn't happened for almost a year now.

Yes! I've suggested the same ever since we found out that Crave's contract was tied up in court. I even sent an email to FS just in case it was something that they hadn't considered. It seems like a fairly obvious avenue to pursue though so maybe there is something going on preventing that cause of action.

nosro

Dec 14, 2012
Yes! I've suggested the same ever since we found out that Crave's contract was tied up in court. I even sent an email to FS just in case it was something that they hadn't considered. It seems like a fairly obvious avenue to pursue though so maybe there is something going on preventing that cause of action.

That's not the way bankruptcy works. The whole point of bankruptcy is to seek temporary protection against creditors (creditors being parties who want something from the bankrupt company). Or put it another way, the whole point of bankruptcy is to tie up all contracts in court so that they can be renegotiated.

Last edited:

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
That's not the way bankruptcy works. The whole point of bankruptcy is to seek temporary protection against creditors (creditors being parties who want something from the bankrupt company). Or put it another way, the whole point of bankruptcy is to tie up all contracts in court so that they can be renegotiated.

You're thinking of a reorganization bankruptcy. If this were a reorg, Crave would still be operating and would still be publishing. In this case its a liquidation bankruptcy in which the creditors have taken control of the assets with the court acting as the representative of the creditors as a whole. In this case there is no entity to protect from the creditors. Crave and its parent company are done. All that's left is to sell any assets they had and deliver the proceeds to the creditors. A company does have the right to hold anyone that they have a contract with in breach of that contract if they have failed to deliver on that contract.

Think of it like this. A bar has an exclusive contract with a liquor distributor. That distributor stops delivering liquor because they have shut down and declared bankruptcy. The bar does not have to go out of business as well. They get another distributor because the first one has breached their contract.

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012
I thought they already did find a new publisher. They're just waiting for approval. Weather the approval is from Microsoft, or the court, we don't know. If its the court holding it up, there's not a lot anyone can do about it, whether anyone agrees with it or not. If its Microsoft....well, typical Micosoft.....

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
It's the court holding it up. The old contract with Crave is considered an "asset" that creditors might want to sell to a new publisher. Of course, this works under the assumption that property doesn't depreciate - for example, is TPA on Xbox360 worth as much now as it was back then? Of course not - because dozens of tables have been released on other platforms since then. And there has to be agreement with the other end of the agreement - in this case, FarSight. If they don't agree, they can always re-release it under their new publisher.

And yes, the courts move slowly. What I want to know is where the bankruptcy hearings are being held - most court records are available online these days so you can follow the case and all submissions... (and with very few exceptions, courts are public places...).

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
So if it does come out again on the 360, are all Table Packs to be included from Day 1? That would be a HUGE help to Farsight, as they would've paid thousands due to M$'s GREED. (Or am I seeing things incorrectly?)

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts