DLC Release Date

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I'm wondering if Microsoft is planning on tying The Pinball Arcade DLC Table Packs into it's Summer of Arcade promotion which kicks off on July 18th. If not, there's a possibility we may have to wait a little bit longer which won't sit well with Xbox 360 users. This is NOT definite, just a thought that crossed my mind.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Almost posted my tag before - but (stands up) my name is Nik, and I am not a social gamer.

A few of my mates have xbox, and soon as I got mine last week on the 4th, they pestered me for my tag, then every time I switched on, they tried to make me play Forza4 (not got many games - only bought for TPA really & Gta), I just wanted to play pinball on my own.
I ended up logging in and hiding my online status.
After 2 days of doing that I've since deleted everyone (I know it's bad) - but I don't want to hide anymore!
We're all meeting for beers Saturday afternoon - so I might have a bit of explaining to do.

I hardly ever play competitve multiplayer, and I play some occasional coop with a friend here or there, but the beauty of TPA is that it's asynchronous leaderboards. Gives you something to shoot for, so to speak.

N

Nik Barbour

I'm expecting it to be there. If it isn't, I will be pissed. I'll rant and rave and break things, and all that won't make it arrive any sooner, but I'll at least feel like I did something.

If you don't speak your mind - no one knows what you're thinking!
Rant On!

Last edited:

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I'm wondering if Microsoft is planning on tying The Pinball Arcade DLC Table Packs into it's Summer of Arcade promotion which kicks off on July 18th. If not, there's a possibility we may have to wait a little bit longer which won't sit well with Xbox 360 users. This is NOT definite, just a thought that crossed my mind.

Summer of Arcade are new games, not DLC. If the DLC they're releasing at the time is special in any way, they don't do a good job of promoting it.

Still, Pin Wiz has a great track record for predicting future trends. If he says we're not going to get it until at least Summer of Arcade is over (it lasts 5 weeks) there is a pretty good chance he is right.

Last edited:

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
Could someone who is better in english than me write a letter about all this s***, so everyone here can just copy&paste it and send it to MS?

Last edited:

Mungoholly

Jun 29, 2012
Haha im loving this thread i'll give it a day before its closed by the administarators..

If and thats a BIG if the dlc drops anytime in july i will eat my hat and currently that is a world war one german officers dress helmet,with the spike.

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
I hope this thread doesn't get closed even though it's gone wildly off-topic a few times. It's like the Xbox 360 crew's hang-out and commiserate thread.

N

Nik Barbour

I hope this thread doesn't get closed even though it's gone wildly off-topic a few times. It's like the Xbox 360 crew's hang-out and commiserate thread.

Can anybody play the harmonica - something bluesy.
Whilst were all commiserating. It would feel appropriate!

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Don't worry, it won't get closed, unless someone goes haywire or something. I don't play the harmonica, but I'm playing some blues on guitar right now as we speak (it's actually my favorite genre). I can even call it "Waitin' on the DLC Blues". :)

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
This is, by far, the most excited I've ever been about DLC. In fact, I can't remember the last time I've anticipated a game so eagerly! Okay, Mass Effect 3, but before that. . . I can't remember.

N

Nik Barbour

This is, by far, the most excited I've ever been about DLC. In fact, I can't remember the last time I've anticipated a game so eagerly! Okay, Mass Effect 3, but before that. . . I can't remember.

I know exactly what you mean.
I've been so excited, it's like a second childhood.
The night before my birthday i kept waking up thinking, i can play the xbox version soon.
That morning, I've set the xbox up, downloaded the TPA, stood in front of the wall mounted telly exactly the right distance so that Black Hole looked exactly the same visual size as a real table, and just played.

And it was there in 1080dpi definition with a great controller and physics that felt so close to real.

I don't care how high a resolution your ipad3 / 10" tablet has, you cannot beat standing in front of something that is visually the same size to the eye as a real table.

There is no other game, that has given me sleepless nights due to anticipation before.
I'm not even a massive fan of the launch pack tables.
Having played the xbox version now, l am not excited by the release of dlc4 for the android version, I'm sure it will be good, but having played xbox version, stood there as if the table is right in front of you.....

I just cannot wait for the DLC for xbox. (FH & BOP especially).

I don't know how you guys have waited for 3 months now.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
Never got it, though it looks like it's one of the few shooters that actually has a worthwhile single player / cooperative mode. Still, at ten hours, that's pretty pathetic.

There is nothing pathetic about the sheer amount of content you get in Gears of War 3. TPA was the only other game I have played since the release of Gears 3. The non-online components of the game are not just limited to the single player portion of the game (even though it is fantastic) but Horde and Beast mode are good enough to add hundreds of hours of playtime. I own all of the consoles and have played all of the big releases and Gears 3 is by far the defining game of this generation. Although from what we have seen of Halo 4, the crown may have to be passed on.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
There is nothing pathetic about the sheer amount of content you get in Gears of War 3. TPA was the only other game I have played since the release of Gears 3. The non-online components of the game are not just limited to the single player portion of the game (even though it is fantastic) but Horde and Beast mode are good enough to add hundreds of hours of playtime. I own all of the consoles and have played all of the big releases and Gears 3 is by far the defining game of this generation. Although from what we have seen of Halo 4, the crown may have to be passed on.
"Spartan Chronicles" or whatever they call it, ruins Halo 4. It's bad enough making you pay extra to download additional maps, many of which were probably finished in time for the initial release. Now, they're doing the same with the campaign / co-op.
As for Gears 3, I think I need to give that one a second look, especially since there will likely be some great deals on it around Black Friday this year.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.