DLC Release Date

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Guys, let's try to keep this relating to Pinball Arcade. You're free to discuss other 360 games in the Off-Topic ara.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I know exactly what you mean.
I've been so excited, it's like a second childhood.
The night before my birthday i kept waking up thinking, i can play the xbox version soon.
That morning, I've set the xbox up, downloaded the TPA, stood in front of the wall mounted telly exactly the right distance so that Black Hole looked exactly the same visual size as a real table, and just played.

And it was there in 1080dpi definition with a great controller and physics that felt so close to real.

I don't care how high a resolution your ipad3 / 10" tablet has, you cannot beat standing in front of something that is visually the same size to the eye as a real table.

There is no other game, that has given me sleepless nights due to anticipation before.
I'm not even a massive fan of the launch pack tables.
Having played the xbox version now, l am not excited by the release of dlc4 for the android version, I'm sure it will be good, but having played xbox version, stood there as if the table is right in front of you.....

I just cannot wait for the DLC for xbox. (FH & BOP especially).

I don't know how you guys have waited for 3 months now.

I feel the same way. I'm more confident than ever that this will FINALLY be the day. If there's any bad news, better tell us now.

Adam

Apr 5, 2012
^--- I'm not sure where you get your confidence...I'm not even hopeful for August at this point :\

I can't do this every DLC pack.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
^--- I'm not sure where you get your confidence...I'm not even hopeful for August at this point :\

I can't do this every DLC pack.
MS is out of excuses. No more failed submissions, more than enough time has passed, if we don't see it Tuesday, there's foul play afoot.

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
I was really hoping to get home tonight and see an announcement about a release of the title update and tables next Tuesday. Now I doubt we'll see it next week if we haven't heard anything from Farsight yet :(

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I was really hoping to get home tonight and see an announcement about a release of the title update and tables next Tuesday. Now I doubt we'll see it next week if we haven't heard anything from Farsight yet :(
You're probably right. It's not gonna happen. MS is sabotaging TPA, or it's just too small for them to take any notice.

F

Franky

MS is sabotaging TPA

ridiculous, come on kids do you really think the zillion-dollar-company microsoft is sabotating a small pinball game? :confused: Do you really think this guys have nothing better to do than holding up a dlc? how does it look like - they came together for a big meeting - all the bosses with their families and then they discuss what meassures to be taken to avoid a 5 $ DLC release?

I know you guys LOVE farsight and for most of you these guys are the greatest - but, and i don't wanna destroy your illusions, in real life they really aren't important and nobody gives a ... about them.

If Microsoft didn't want another pinball game besides fx then they would have just say "Piss off" to farsight in first place.

The truth is, there is more than farsight is telling us. Microsoft is dealing with dlcs and updates for years - 1000s of them - and most of the time everything runs smoothly but for farsight on the other hand, as we all know (no support for phof), it's their first dlc and update experience.

1 + 1 = 2

Sir_LANs-a-lot

Jun 1, 2012
If (and it is an IF) the DLC gets knocked back again, I'd be interested in hearing why.

Presumably when it got knocked back last time FarSight got a list of fixes that needed doing. As long as FarSight have complied with that, I can't see any reason why it would get knocked back again.

Krzysiek Grzelak

Jun 18, 2012
I guess its the first time i just cant w8 to spend my money on something....
- and i cant even cheer myself up with FX, just because is not available in Poland.... painfull

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
I guess its the first time i just cant w8 to spend my money on something....
- and i cant even cheer myself up with FX, just because is not available in Poland.... painfull

If it makes you feel any better, FX would be no consolation to you even if it were available in your region. It's garbage. The ball feels like it weighs three times as much as a real life pinball, and every table is crawling with little animated creatures and crap who do goofy stuff like teleport the ball across the table. It's silly.

Emmanuel Papillon

Apr 26, 2012
@Beelzebozo: actually, Pinball FX2 is a great game, as pretty much every review and most gamers state. Just because it's a different sort of pinball doesn't mean it's "garbage", and you have absolutely no way to know if Krzysiek might like it or not just from his message.

In fact, I'm not playing at all Pinball Arcade for months now, while I'm playing FX2 instead, because of the bad graphics and ergonomics and lack of tables of Pinball Arcade. FX2 is technically vastly superior and just as fun (or better, depending which kind of pinball you like), as most reviews, again, stated.

I'm keeping my confidence in Pinball Arcade and Farsight, though, because it's a different kind of project and the team really seems dedicated, and I really liked Williams Pinball. But I'm simply not interested into playing Pinball Arcade before it's AT LAST patched, and I'm having a great time playing Pinball FX2 instead.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
If (and it is an IF) the DLC gets knocked back again, I'd be interested in hearing why.

Presumably when it got knocked back last time FarSight got a list of fixes that needed doing. As long as FarSight have complied with that, I can't see any reason why it would get knocked back again.
The first time was the list of fixes, which FS apparently complied with. On resubmission, it was again rejected due to the file size (which MS failed to tell them would be an issue to begin with). They got special permission, so that shouldn't be a problem this time. The only thing stopping them now is lack of space on the lineup. This could be an issue, since Summer of Arcade is here, which is when MS puts out all the arcade titles they have the most confidence in. I'm not sure if this also applies to DLC, since they've never had any exceptional DLC during this period in the past, but they may be starting something new this year.

Last edited:

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
ridiculous, come on kids do you really think the zillion-dollar-company microsoft is sabotating a small pinball game? :confused: Do you really think this guys have nothing better to do than holding up a dlc? how does it look like - they came together for a big meeting - all the bosses with their families and then they discuss what meassures to be taken to avoid a 5 $ DLC release?

I know you guys LOVE farsight and for most of you these guys are the greatest - but, and i don't wanna destroy your illusions, in real life they really aren't important and nobody gives a ... about them.

If Microsoft didn't want another pinball game besides fx then they would have just say "Piss off" to farsight in first place.

The truth is, there is more than farsight is telling us. Microsoft is dealing with dlcs and updates for years - 1000s of them - and most of the time everything runs smoothly but for farsight on the other hand, as we all know (no support for phof), it's their first dlc and update experience.

1 + 1 = 2

Must be the latter reason then.

Emmanuel Papillon

Apr 26, 2012
@Beelzebozo: that's about as relevant as saying Mario Kart only counts as kart racing if you've never actually experienced kart racing. Yes, everybody knows it's not an exact pinball simulation, the "FX" in the title emphasizes that (even though a lot of tables are pretty sober), it's really not the point: concluding that it's "garbage" because it's "crawling with little animated creatures and crap who do goofy stuff", and that it's "silly", is a purist attitude (silly stuff in my pinball? no way!). Some people enjoy fantasy pinball, there is no reason to look down on it or on people who enjoy it, or insinuating they don't know what they're talking about. Some people know the difference and yet they like both, imagine that.

And yes, I know there are some specific qualities in an actual pinball simulation such as Pinball Arcade, otherwise I wouldn't have been interested in it in the first place and I wouldn't be here. It's really the one characteristic that makes Pinball Arcade stand a chance in front of Pinball FX2 at the moment.

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
Some people enjoy fantasy pinball, there is no reason to look down on it or on people who enjoy it, or insinuating they don't know what they're talking about.

Hey! Now don't you tell me who I can or can't look down on.
KjTzT.gif

I'm mostly being facetious, of course, to make our Polish friend feel better about missing out. I know Pinball FX 2 is a well regarded video game, but it's got about as much in common with pinball as Mario Kart has in common with go-kart racing. And I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that a fan forum for a platform like The Pinball Arcade is visited more by actual pinball enthusiasts than general video game players. Please don't let me stop you from enjoying this:

SaH0V.jpg

aangel

Jul 7, 2012
YIKES! I am not a fan of Pinball FX anything it's too confusing to keep track of what I am supposed to acheive. BUT ANYWAY please stay on topic guys!!!

The Pinball Arcade Presents: Release Date - Countdown to a Meltdown Rated NC-17. Critics love it, hailed it as the new thing to do while waiting for new dlc pinball tables......

Starts July 17th.

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
I'm not sure if this also applies to DLC, since they've never had any exceptional DLC during this period in the past, but they may be starting something new this year.

This is the part that I'm concerned about. They DO have special DLC during the Summer of Arcade this year for Minecraft and Trials Evolution:

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/07/13/minecraft-and-trials-evolution-getting-free-dlc-to-celebrate-5-y/

I'm worried that they may want to hold off on any other updates/DLC to clear the way for Summer of Arcade titles and this special DLC.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts