DLC Release Date

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
Looks to me like Farsight have a problem regarding the publisher.

They've promised that TPA will be available as a launch title for next gen consoles (in last newsletter) which confirms that they will be working on the Xbox 720 or whatever name it's called.

Now, if you need a publisher to release content onto the Xbox marketplace... then surely this partnership with [unnamed publisher] will extend to the new Xbox. Maybe the new publisher has pointed out that there's no point relaunching the game for the 360 if it's coming out for the new Xbox.

If this is the case it wrecks everything: Farsight promised that there wouldn't be a kickstarter until the 360 tables were released, starting a kickstarter without them would be commercial suicide because they still haven't released Twilight Zone, let alone Star Trek and with such a patchy idea of when the DLC will be out, no sane Xbox 360 owner would back the project.

Methinks this is why Farsight are doing the "we can't name our publisher JUST yet" shtick, they know that the 360 version isn't coming but they can't SAY that the 360 version isn't coming. Gamers would find it easier if the news was announced a month or so before the launch of the new consoles so we could go "oh, that's not that bad, only two months", and Farsight and the new publisher are just using delay tactics until then.

Is the new publisher even for the 360? What if the new publisher was announced for the new xbox and THAT is why they can't announce anything, because the new console hasn't officially been announced yet.

Why do you think Farsight have suddenly gone very cold on the T2 kickstarter idea? Meant to be launching in 1st quarter of 2013, right? Not even a hint of it since their old publisher was liquidated.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
There's a problem with that theory...they already have kickstarter backers waiting for TZ and ST:TNG on the 360 itself, not some future console.

From what I understood from the last newsletter, the main issue is that the bankruptcy court running Crave Entertainment's case hasn't approved the transfer of the 360 publishing rights from Crave to the new publisher yet. The publishing rights are an asset of a bankrupt company, and Crave's creditors would have a claim to them, so these creditors have to be satisfied before the rights can be transferred to a third party. Since there is still a possibility this transfer might not be approved, the new publisher is forbidding FarSight from announcing anything, because it would be bad for Publisher X's PR if FarSight announced Publisher X was going to handle the 360 version and then Publisher X could not deliver.

Butterkins

Apr 6, 2012
I can assure you, we still plan to release an update to the Xbox 360.

Mike, are you guys actively working with any of the next-gen consoles?

And if you are, do you see TPA looking substantially better on them? Are there any new approaches you'll be taking, to use the extra resources?

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
I really hope to hear from FarSight as soon as those legal issues they mention in the latest newsletter are settled. Normally it's not wise for a cmpany to share those business things with the public, but this is a pretty exceptional situation, and everyone is really worried about what is going on, many people giving up on TPA entirely. FarSight has already been very open about what their problems have been so they have their community behind them now, and in a situation like that it's wise to stay on the good side of the fans, so I pray that we will know, the moment there is any form of release window for the Xbox DLC, even if it's something obscure like "somewhere between April and October". Right now any news are better than nothing.

IronSabbath88

Feb 21, 2013
Very patiently waiting for the Xbox 360 update as right now it's the only platform I have TPA for (I may consider getting it for PS3, but I'm not completley sure yet)

REALLY want to be able to play that Twilight Zone table aswell as CFTBL as I definitely remember playing that once in a restaurant when I was younger. It was really cool to me how after all those years I still remembered the ball save quote from that very table, hence why it's in my sig.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I hear you IronSabbath. It's hard but "stay cool, daddy-o" has been my mantra too since I've been eagerly awaiting the XBOX version of CFTBL since i first played it on IOS.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
An update still meaning more than one, I hope?

They might not need more than one depending on the next step Microsoft takes with Xbox Live. It's pretty much a given that updates will not occur more frequently than 2-3 times per year moving forward. The next update will probably feature every table through the March or April releases, assuming they get a publisher on board by then. By the time they have the next release, there may be a transition to Xbox's successor which may either be a new marketplace (like the PS4 model which is trying to get figured out), a continuation of the current one or incorporate the current one while having a new version (ala the Wii U)

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Well at this point looks like I'm just waiting for the PS4 version lmao.

I could buy a PS3 tomorrow if I wanted and just play all the tables but, I am not dealing with input lag, and I have no interest in a PS3. If the 360 tables show up in the summer then I'll get one on the cheap but, I'm not holding my breath at this point. This is a lost cause and I'm so used to the iOS version at this point I do not even care.

Carpy

May 7, 2012
The next Xbox update will allow for all tables finished up until now to work.

I cannot wait for the updates, i've been enjoying Pinball Arcade on the XBOX so much, i've never played an arcade game so much since i was a wee nipper playing the old Nintendo game and watches in the mid 80's.....i will grab the XBOX control of my son at least once a day to shoot some silverball...i must admit it's been pretty frustrating waiting for the updates...but i've been gaining lots of practice on the other tables...really looking forward to playing in a tournament......
Well the wait had been so long i decieded to give in and download the Pinball Arcade on my sons iphone......it took me a good half day to sought it as not only did i have to back up his phone/clear some room on it/download the new itunes so i could download the latest ios...played a few games then he managed to drop his phone on the floor and smashing the screen on it after having it two years :-(..... so here's hoping it's all getting sorted for the DLC...I'm for one will be getting all the tables the moment they appear

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I cannot wait for the updates, i've been enjoying Pinball Arcade on the XBOX so much, i've never played an arcade game so much since i was a wee nipper playing the old Nintendo game and watches in the mid 80's.....i will grab the XBOX control of my son at least once a day to shoot some silverball...i must admit it's been pretty frustrating waiting for the updates...but i've been gaining lots of practice on the other tables...really looking forward to playing in a tournament......
Well the wait had been so long i decieded to give in and download the Pinball Arcade on my sons iphone......it took me a good half day to sought it as not only did i have to back up his phone/clear some room on it/download the new itunes so i could download the latest ios...played a few games then he managed to drop his phone on the floor and smashing the screen on it after having it two years :-(..... so here's hoping it's all getting sorted for the DLC...I'm for one will be getting all the tables the moment they appear
Just to keep expectations in check...while the next title update will include code for all the tables up to now, that does not mean that all the DLC will show up at once. The DLC scheduling is up to Microsoft, FarSight, and their mystery publisher.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012

On the bright side...the phone now simulates the table in a state of disrepair.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
So you're saying the game ending glitches (Funhouse, BoP etc) will be fixed? Or will it be a few aesthetical tweaks and the MB jackpot glitch fixed and we should be thankful?
I think it's safe to assume that the updates will at least catch us up to the PS3 at the time it is submitted to MS. Last I heard, the game-ending glitches could not be fixed due to FS being unable to duplicate them, and thus unable to determine the cause (which is necessary for a fix).

Mark Miwurdz

Apr 7, 2012
'Unable to duplicate them'? I could play Funhouse or Elvira for a few hours and I'd easily run into one. It's just an excuse. A topic on this site suggested workarounds/solutions to the problem. They should take it on board.

Jan 6, 2013
It is hard to believe that there is 14 tables out there all ready on all the other consoles and still do not know what is going on or how much longer this is going to take.I am not buying these tables on any other console.. so it looks as if us xbox guys are on the Titanic......... soooooooo hold on Jack.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts