DLC Release Date

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
At this point,I just think it would be good to wait to get the info on the upcoming Xbox 720/Infinity/whatever it's called - see if any of the DLC from the 360 can be transferred over to it or not. I had plans to buy all the DLC,but with this long hiatus,not anymore. I'm not into buying things twice,like the PS3 owners will seemingly have to for the PS4.
MS has said that there will not be backwards compatibility between the 360 and the new system. It remains to be seen whether previous owners can get free (or massively discounted) ports of their 360 purchases, but until I hear different, I'm going under the assumption that it will not happen.

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
MS has said that there will not be backwards compatibility between the 360 and the new system. It remains to be seen whether previous owners can get free (or massively discounted) ports of their 360 purchases, but until I hear different, I'm going under the assumption that it will not happen.

Where did you hear that? As far as I know, Microsoft hasn't made any announcements whatsoever regarding next generation as of yet.

Gordon

May 28, 2012

xbla for windows8 new. xbla for coming new xbox no? i dont know

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Where did you hear that? As far as I know, Microsoft hasn't made any announcements whatsoever regarding next generation as of yet.
It was either Gamespot or IGN where I saw that. Officially, MS hasn't even said there would be a 360 successor, but "sources close to the project," said there won't be any backwards compatibility. With the 360 having limited (and buggy) backwards compatibility, it's a safe bet they're right.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
What is the estimated date at this point? I thought I read somewere a while ago (at the end of March), is this accurate?

I don't think there is any estimate. They are, so they say, held back by a legal constraint involving Crave's bankruptcy proceedings, since the right to distribute TPA on XBox is now one of the "assets" of a bankrupt company that the court has the authority to liquidate to pay off its creditors (however financially nebulous that asset may be). The other parties involved are probably not terribly interested in expediting Farsight's XBox releases. Could be soon, could be never.

bugged1

Sep 29, 2012
well its pretty safe to say that we will not be getting pinball arcade on 360 now, its pointless exercise with the new xbox not having backwards compatability, not only do you get ripped buying games that arnt supported, microsoft are cashing in on all the poor xbox arcade customers. if you leave a message regarding 360 on the pinball arcade facebook page they dont even bother replying anymore, great way to treat avid customers eh!! looks like ps4 is gonna be ready for grand theft auto release im sure microsoft would like the same for 720.

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
Why is everyone assuming that the new XBox will not have backwards compatibility? As far as I know Microsoft hasn't made any announcements of any kind regarding the new XBox. It may very well be the case that they won't support it (although I hope they would have some solution, especially in regards to digital content), but all the hand wringing on here about it is crazy considering we have NO idea what MS's plan is yet.

smooverr

Oct 28, 2012
Can we just let this thread die? Every time I see an update I'm hoping for a nugget of info. TPA on 360 is dead. May it rest in peace.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Can we just let this thread die? Every time I see an update I'm hoping for a nugget of info. TPA on 360 is dead. May it rest in peace.

I agree here, I don't really see any positive reason to keep this thread open.

I vote for a lock until someone at Farsight has something to add

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Are those publisher issues only for the 360 version? Are they using a different publisher for PS3?

I think they're self-publishing on PSN (as well as Android and iOS and probably Wii U and others).

Microsoft, for disc and Live Arcade games, require a publisher or a very good business case. The unfortunate reality is that Crave, their previous one that they had went bankrupt, and the bankruptcy court is holding the Farsight contract as an asset to be sold to help pay creditors a tiny bit of what they're owed. Farsight has been sending their lawyers on their dime to convince the court to let their new publisher take over and to convince them that as a business, they're hurting because of the hold-up in the asset disposal.

As for those complaining - I would think you'd hear in other threads about it first when it happens. Or in the newsletter. Or in many new threads created. Some of which will probably be entitled "what will the first new tables be" and "will all the DLC come at once" etc. And of course, "COMPANY is our new publisher!"

LocustGod

Aug 10, 2012
Personally, I think Farsight should compensate me the 20$ I put in towards the Twilight Zone kickstarter. All I heard from them was an email asking me what my preferred platform was to receive TZ and that's it. Don't think I'll ever support FS again despite how good the gameplay in PA is. They seem like such a shady company and it's evident in how they treat their customers, the glitchiness of their releases, spreading themselves thin by developing for as many platforms as possible without resolving issues, poor customer relations, etc.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Personally, I think Farsight should compensate me the 20$ I put in towards the Twilight Zone kickstarter. All I heard from them was an email asking me what my preferred platform was to receive TZ and that's it. Don't think I'll ever support FS again despite how good the gameplay in PA is. They seem like such a shady company and it's evident in how they treat their customers, the glitchiness of their releases, spreading themselves thin by developing for as many platforms as possible without resolving issues, poor customer relations, etc.

So releasing the table with no legal right to do so would be less shady then?

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012

Have you tried PMing Robert Mann on this forum? He can get you straightened out.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
What's frustrating is that Farsight ORIGINALLY said no Xbox in the TZ kickstarter... then changed it...

UGGGGG. Had they not done that, we could have started the T2 KS by now..:( (not to mention, a bunch of burned backers means less support for future kickstarts :((()_())

diablomozart

Aug 13, 2012
i backed the tz kickstarter...i'll wait..not like i don't have plenty of other games to keep me busy til this all gets sorted out...but i guess my patience is apparently in the minority...d.m.

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
I backed and chose 360 for my reward too. I plan on waiting it out as well. Hopefully they'll be a resolution before the next XBox comes out, because I'll most likely rather play the tables there once they're released.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts