Do you still have or use any of your old games systems?

N

Nik Barbour

Google is your friend...
Just found a free Android Vectrex Emulator here...
http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/serendipit...ectrex-Emulator-for-Android-JXD-consoles.html
It comes with Armor Attack, not played for too long, but I think you need a physical keyboard, or bluez. Ime, there don't appear to be touchscreen controls.
Just mapped up my ps3 pad and it plays real nice - and you can drop in your own rom files and overlays.

That's my mornings plans out the window.

Edit - it does have touchscreen controls, you can set them up through a config button which comes up after the app has been fully closed and removed from memory.

a5y2azym.jpg

3ujanagu.jpg

Last edited:

night

May 18, 2012
I d/l the Vectrex iPad app, looks well done. You get one game free, Minestorm, which looks alot like Atari's 'Astroids'. The rest of the Vectrex games can be bought as 1 pack. I never owned a Vectrex but I remember our local toystore had one back in the 80-ties. They had one sitting on the counter and you could play a game if you put a quarter in a plastic back!

I owned a large pinball toy table on legs, 32 lcd-games, Binatone (see above), Atari 2600, Atari ST, Amiga 500, Atari Lynx & Gameboy Advance (which is still somewhere around), the rest is all gone. I recently sold my last 2 Game&Watch color lcd 'table-top' games (donkey kong jr. and popeye).

Pinhead

Feb 29, 2012
Like Rudy, I've kept every gaming system I've ever had (and added a few of the ones I missed out on).
I've rarely set up and played any of them recently. Usually better to boot up an emulator or play downloadable version on 360/PS3.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Due to space considerations I emulate.

There will always be a sega dreamcast in my livingroom. I still have my original Xbox. Everything else is emulation

esp2000

Jun 4, 2012
I still have my old Intellevision laying around somewhere. One of the controllers does not work right though. Would be fun to get it fixed though as I bet my kids would love to play it.

N

Nik Barbour

I still have my old Intellevision laying around somewhere. One of the controllers does not work right though. Would be fun to get it fixed though as I bet my kids would love to play it.

Set up our vision master to show my 15yr old nephew a while back, he played it for about 20secs gave me a pitying look and walked away.
I don't think he was impressed!

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
Ahh the Commodore 64.

Well now a visitor...stay a while. ..stayyyyy forevah

Back in the days, it was sooo impressing to me to hear digitized voice in Impossible Mission.
(not to mention the digitized pictures in samantha fox strip poker)

N

Nik Barbour

Back in the days, it was sooo impressing to me to hear digitized voice in Impossible Mission.
(not to mention the digitized pictures in samantha fox strip poker)

First digitised voice Game I had was on the Spectrum 'International Karate'. "Fight!"
Target Renegade was beat em up of choice though!

N

Nik Barbour

I can't believe I forgot my GameCube. Of all the systems I've ever owned its among my favorites.

Never played a Gamecube. Always wanted an N64 after owning a SNES, but always pissed all my money away at that point.
A mate of mine got Goldeneye one Christmas, I remember being blown away first time I played that.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I didn't play much gamecube until well into the 360 Generation, it's one of the few systems that I don't love due to rose coloured glasses.

Best gaming moment ever:

Friend and I are really really drunk and playing Mario Kart Double Dash.
Controller cables aren't the longest known.
Console is up on the tv stand.
Tense moment cord pulled and the GameCube comes crashing down to the floor, tray pops open disk flies across the room.

System is still powered down and the screen is (presumably) frozen on the screen.

I put the disk back in the system, put it back on the TV stand and lo and behold, a press of the start button and we continued right where we left off as the system had detected the tray opening and basically put itself in a frozen state until it was closed again. Not to mention that it has survived a 3 foot drop and a couple bounces without any damage whatsoever.

I loved my N64 and here's a little known fact about Goldedeye/Perfect Dark. When playing single player, you can plug in a second controller and 4 more control options will show up meaning your options are

Any of the options that start with 2 will use both controllers...dual analog control.

Turbine

May 19, 2012
I've still got: Commodore 64 and a few hundred games, PS1, PS2, PS3, PSP, GBA, Original Gameboy, DS, 3DS and Wii.

Sold or lost Vic-20, Colecovision, Atari 2600, Atari ST, Amstrad CPC464 and Spectrum128

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.