Doctor Who Pinball (1992)

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
True, but the voices are used. In the case of the Daleks anyone who has ever seen or listened to them would recognise them instantly.

Hm. But I'm assuming it's just soundalikes, not the original actors. I've never heard of anyone suing because of a similar sounding voice.

Davros001

Oct 6, 2014
The guy who works for Big Finish (the audio company) ended up getting a job on the TV show because of how good he sounded. Over the years far too many people have done the Dalek voices. I'm sure the BBC also brough all the licences 'in-house' prior to the launch of the new series in 2005. Then again I'm sure the Guys here have enquired about the rights, that is is if there is any serious thought about doing this table.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
I think the major licensing issue is how the characters are licensed out. Farsight pays a flat fee up front. I'm sure the Doctor Who stuff is structured to continue to pay off of profits.

I still feel like if there was a way to engage the Doctor Who fan community with a kickstarter this would easily get funded, even if it was in the 100k range of Addams. None of the doctors featured in the table are in demand to modern fans. I also think it would introduce some Doctor Who fans who are not familiar with TPA to the app and create new customers for Farsight. That being said it is still a major risk due to the price and hassle and various licenses involved for the actors, daleks and K-9.

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
I bet they release it too early with tons of bugs still running about. Seems to be par for the course these days sadly

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts