Downgrade from dx11 to dx9

Busol

Dec 19, 2013
Hi all,
Main question is: is there any problem with going back from dx11 (on win7) to dx9 (winXP)
Backgorund:"
- i had (still have) pincab on XP with 3 displays and it works fine for me
- I have read fantastic opinion about dx11 version.
- Finally I got some old PC (core2duo, 8GB ram, GTX260) and wanted to start playing dx11.
- I could not start DX11 version due to crash Pinballarcade11.exe
- i have started new user interface beta. New files were downloaded - i could see DX11 version notification
- to be honest I cannot see big difference but i am pretty sure that it is hardware issue
- my PC works almost fine but it is too old and temperature (inside cab) is much highier than with XP PC

Is there any easey way to go back to dx9 wersion after I have started to play beta UI DX11

AFAIK Mike wrote something that there is no way back after uprading to DX11 on steam.
regards from Poland

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Just opt out of the beta on steam.
Normally both versions work parallel and can switch back and forth at any time.

Make sure your crash is not related to the config settings. Sounds a bit like it. You have to set screen settings for both versions separately.

Busol

Dec 19, 2013
Make sure your crash is not related to the config settings. Sounds a bit like it. You have to set screen settings for both versions separately.

Thanks. I use PBA config/starter tool. Also as a pincab I use iRotate to make portrait. But for dx9 works as well.
And I am not sure what can I chage - resolution is the same. Can you advice ?

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
The resolution = Backbuffer has to be set according to the rotated screen. Make sure to set them after the screen is rotated to portrait and not use the config tool in landscape mode.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Thanks. I use PBA config/starter tool. Also as a pincab I use iRotate to make portrait. But for dx9 works as well.
And I am not sure what can I chage - resolution is the same. Can you advice ?

When you click play in steam, you should get this prompt:
13237806_1210822592283068_8627772526306283191_n.jpg

The top option is DX9.

Busol

Dec 19, 2013
Thanks. You are right. I dont know why I was almost sure that Mike has said that there is no way back after upgrading to dx9

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts